“Romantic Place”

Ikies - Traditional Houses
Ranked #6 of 56 Hotels in Oia
Reviewed June 7, 2014

My wife and stayed two nights at Ikies. The hotel is built on the caldera in Santorini, and the view is spectacular, especially at sunset. It is within walking distance of Oia.
Our room was 2 floors, with the bedroom on top. Each morning, breakfast was served on our terrace, and the food was fine. The staff was eager to help in whatever way possible.
All in all, this is a great place. I strongly recommend it.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Ikies - Traditional Houses

Reviewed June 3, 2014

If I could give more stars, I would! Ikies is, without a doubt, the most unique and wonderful hotel that we have stayed in anywhere in the world! We visited for our Honeymoon and just now for our 5th Year Anniversary and stayed in the Carpenter Suite both times! The accommodations are absolutely amazing and, again, so incredibly unique. Each room/cave is built into the side of the cliff! My husband loved the steam room in our bathroom and the hot tub on our large patio, which he enjoyed each day. Breakfast is served each morning at the time of your choosing on your patio with complete views of the Caldera! We have to truly thank everyone there for making our time (each one) at the hotel something we will never forget! Looking forward to returning again!

Room Tip: We highly recommend the Carpenter's Suite, which is situated at the end of the hotel and up agai...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 2, 2014

A beautiful traditional hotel with modern touches without the snobby stuffy hotel vibe. The staff tends to your every need and are also just good kind people. It felt like home while we were there. It is in a great location in the village of Oia but not in the middle of the foot traffic. Spend the money and get a room with a private mini pool and add breakfast to your stay.
Will be back again!

Room Tip: Spend the money and get a room with a private mini pool
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed May 31, 2014

It was a beautiful hotel with an amazing view. The rooms were very nice and spacious. The best part was the staff. They were so kind and helpful. They made dinner recommendations and made reservations for us. I am vegan and they actually talked to the restaurants for me to make sure I could eat there. They booked a tour for us and were always inquiring to make sure we were enjoying our stay. I will definitely go back!

Reviewed May 29, 2014 via mobile

I still can't believe this place is real. The whole time I was there it felt like a dream.
The feeling when you are in Oia is like nothing I've felt before, pure joy,love. Too hard to describe in words.

We caught the bus from Fira and walked around to find Ikies, I left my partner waiting at the church with the luggage and went off to find it. As I got to the hotel and explained that my partner was at the church, the lady at the reception told me to get in her car and off we went to get him and drove us back to the hotel. No hassle what so ever.

We checked in and basically spent the rest of the day at the pool and on our balcony just starring into the amazing view ikies had to offer.
Eveytime we would order something, the waiter would bring it out with the biggest and the nicest smile making us feel so comfortable.

I live in japan where you basically get good service everywhere you go, so my standard is quite high.. but at Ikies the service was so natural, it was like coming from the heart. Everyone was so kind and would go out of your way.
So happy with the location, service, and the atmosphere.
Highly recommended! Would stay again for sure!

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed May 29, 2014

It is definitely worth the splurge to stay here. The service can't be beat, the rooms are FANTASTIC (beautiful layouts, wonderfully, clean, great amenities [drinks, snacks, the BEST internet connections/WiFi in Greece]). In fact, our group had a hard time LEAVING the room each day to explore Santorini - the breakfasts and other room service items were wonderful, the view from our room unbeatable, and the service was one of the best I have encountered in my world travels. We all had a tendency to just want to stay at IKIES all the time. If you take a look at the photo from the room's indoor-outdoor jacuzzi, you can get a hint of why we wanted to stay in our rooms all of the time.

I am especially glad that we stayed at IKIES because of it's location - it is on the south side of town, but near the main walkway to Oia. Therefore, it is a lot quieter and you don't have a lot of tourists looking down at your patio/pool while you are trying to relax outside (unlike most of the hotels along the Caldera in the heart of Oia).

All of us loved IKIES (and our rooms in the Collector's House) so much, we are already planning on a return visit!

1  Thank MRI-Sleep
Reviewed May 29, 2014

How do you put into words something you struggle to find words for?
This was our second visit to the Ikies and we fell in love with it all over again. We stayed in the Boatmans house this time and being higher up the cliff the views over the town and the caldera were spectacular. Every time you walk out onto your terrace it takes your breath away, the deep shimmering blue of the water framing the white painted houses that cling to the russet tones of the cliff side. You feel the warmth on your face cooled by a breath of breeze and as you stand there as high as the Gods the birds ride the thermals then swoop and glide as if performing just for you.
Could you ever tire of sitting in your jacuzzi, a chilled white wine in hand with a view of heaven before you ? I think not and with all this what could make it any better? Well the amazing staff for one. They never miss a beat and genuinely care about their guests doing all they can to make sure you have your own Santorini experience. They heated the tub to bath water temperature so we could ease own weary bones after arriving at eleven o'clock at night and to sit there with the sparkling lights of Oia in front of us and ice bright stars against the darkest black velvet sky above gave us an amazing start to our stay. Having a breakfast of delicious produce laid out with such grace on your terrace is had to beat and now with the added selection of eggs to the menu you have even more choice.
Our room although smaller than the suite we had last time was more than adequate and the fact it was smaller made the air conditioning more effective and it soon felt like our own little Santorini home and one we did not want to leave.
When we did venture out the 15 minute walk into town gave more time to gaze over the caldera and is only marred by a short stretch of road with no pavement so do keep an eye on the traffic but you are soon in the pristine whitewashed town of Oia.
Do try the little tavernas down the little side streets and also the ones going out of the town especially Anemomilos as they knock the spots off the hyped up places, after all you don't need a restaurant with a view as non of them will beat the one you wake up to every morning.
I could go on but I will leave you to feel your own heart swell with joy when you have that special Santorini experience at the Ikies that you have all been dreaming of.

Room Tip: Spend as much as you can afford you will not regret it.
1  Thank GILLChesterfield