Ikies - Traditional Houses
$901
  • Breakfast included
Oia's Sunset Apartments(Oia)(Great Value!)
$197
$317
Orbitz.com
$463
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsikies staffhot tubsteam roomcook's houseour honeymoonevery morningthe room service menuprivate terracesmallest roomchampagne breakfastother hotelscaptain's suitetraditional housewalk into towndinner reservationsbeautiful villageplunge pool
Reviewed April 22, 2014

I stayed at this hotel with my girlfriend, and we thought everything about the hotel was absolutely fantastic. We could not have asked for a nicer place to stay on our trip. The staff went above and beyond to make us feel comfortable, and everyone was extremely helpful to us throughout our trip. The full breakfast served on our terrace every morning was amazing. It truly is a very special place. I would strongly recommend Ikies to anyone who is interested in visiting Santorini.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Austin B
Reviewed January 31, 2014

My husband and I stayed in the Carpenter House during October 2013. It was one of the rooms with a private balcony and hot tub, overlooking the caldera, which offers stunning views of the sunset. Our package included a champagne breakfast served on the patio each morning, and two cocktails at sunset. The staff was amazingly helpful and friendly, as well as efficient.

The layout of the hotel is fairly open, meaning the rooms all face out on the cliff seemingly offering less privacy; however, the Carpenter House was on the bottom and far end of the property, and since the hotel is fairly remote, we had more privacy than most. For instance, our neighbors had to walk through other guests' patios to get to the front of the hotel.

The private hot tub was a definite plus - it was cool during the day and heated at night (if desired). The food at the hotel was both tasty and fresh, although priced typical of room service meals. The menu was not very extensive.

The hotel is a 10-minute walk to downtown Oia, and most of that walk is on pedestrian streets. There is also a convenient hiking trail to Fira, offering gorgeous views and moderate exercise on the ca 2-hour walk.

Room Tip: We highly recommend the Carpenter House room.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank LBTravel2014
Reviewed January 2, 2014

If you want to relax overlooking the ocean with your private patio then this is the place for you. The hotel is beautiful, comfortable, charming, quiet. It is located at the edge of Oia and catches the last of the sunset - while the rest of Oia is in shadow you get the last rays of the dying sun.

The food (delivered to your patio) is well priced, simple, but very very good. We ended up having lunches out and about and then having something lighter in the evening.

The service is phenomenal...the one time we ordered drinks and they took a little long to appear they immediately said because they took longer the drinks were on them. Everyone was extremely friendly and helpful.

This is THE place to stay in Oia.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great. We stayed in a suite with a hot tub.. If travelling with friends try to get adjacent rooms in front of the pool..
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank DavidJoane
Reviewed December 3, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Ikies for our 13th wedding anniversary in mid-September 2013. Words do not do this wonderful hotel or the staff justice. We were greeted by Maria and a man (whose name I cannot recall). Our luggage was carried and we completed our check in process so quickly and easily. We were then provided wonderful frappes to sip as we sat looking over the cliff onto the sea. Our tour of the resort and introduction by Maria was wonderful and our accommodation in the Artisan's suite perfect. I really don't think I have ever before or will ever again be able to see and experience such a beautiful place. Yes, it was expensive but worth every penny. We were also fortunate to meet Katy who constantly had a smile on her face and could not have been move accommodating to our needs. and Loella, who I had done most of my phone and email dealings with before our trip was just such a wonderful person. They all were. This is a small resort and to have these three girls as staff was a true gift. Waking up to a light rap on the door to find your breakfast set up for you on your own private patio can't be beat. Your toughest decision of the day will be do we go in our private Jacuzzi now or later????? The food was wonderful, the accommodations perfect, the staff - you can't find better and Santorini itself, filled with such beauty, wonderful water tours, great restaurants from casual to fancy and such interesting shops. I absolutely (and my husband too) just loved every second of it.
On the day we left, it was very early, the gentleman who had helped us with our luggage the first day, was there to help us once again and the girls had arranged a package for us with breakfast goodies to take. So wonderful.
If you are considering spending time at Ikies, I cannot recommend it more highly. Just book it and it will be one of the best times of your life!

Room Tip: The Artisan's House - great for a couple. Cozy bed tucked into the cave. Small kitchen area, just right for what you'll need. Great bathroom with the shower area tucked into the cave. Tile. The outside patio is a great size. Although other suites are on either side of you, you still have all the privacy you need - people keep quiet here, it's calmness and beauty do the talking. Wonderful views from all areas of the patio, including the Jacuzzi.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Masonbaron
Reviewed November 26, 2013

My family and I always wanted to visit the island of Santorini,so this year we booked one of the best hotels in Oia,Ikies.It was just as I had dreamed of,the impeccable caldera view,the massive breakfast,the gorgeous hospitable staff ,the relaxing atmoshere.We will recommend it to everyone back home...

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family