Amoudi Villas
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$795
Hotels.com
$661
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsthe cliffcleaning servicemobility issuesfamous sunsetevery morningislandlucasstepssupermarket
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 6, 2013

I went to Santorini last summer with my boyfriend. The location is also absolutely wonderful. A little bit away from most of the tourists as they stay at the top of Oia to watch the sunset.

The manager was very nice and helpful and he even drove us to the top of Oia a couple of times. He also informed about different things to do, excursions and gave us a couple of recommendations. It is not a very fashionable hotel but I would absolutely recommend it if the trip is about seeing Santorini and experiencing Greece. The fish restaurants in the bay are also highly recommended and worth every penny.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SynneArlene
Reviewed November 1, 2012

My wife and I stayed at Amoudi Villas for 2 nights in late September 2012. We had arranged a transfer to Oia to pick us up from the ferry port on Santorini when we arrived from Piraeus. There was initially some confusion about which car rental place we were supposed to be picked up from, but in the end it all worked out.

Arriving at Amoudi Villas, we found that it was fairly basic accommodation and our room was on the highest level, up several flights of stairs that were not particularly well-lit or equipped with handrails. We are reasonably fit so it wasn't that big of a deal. Also one of the guys associated with the place carried our bags up the stairs for us.

The apartment had a great view over Amoudi Bay from the balcony, a small fridge and a kitchenette, but a hairdryer that didn't work. As others have said, there was not really a reception desk as such for Amoudi Villas.They had some relationship with Ecorama (you have to pronounce it 'a-corrima' rather than 'eco-rama' if you want to be understood) and I have to say Diana at Ecorama was really helpful. Among other things, she arranged for us to get our laundry done. Ecorama has an office in the town of Oia, right near the bus station. Also near a small supermarket.

The main thing to be aware of is that the Amoudi Bay area is down a steep cliff from the town of Oia and it is not really practical to walk up and down the stairs. Or take the donkeys up the path during daylight hours. We decided that it was necessary to rent either a scooter or an ATV to get between the town of Oia and the waterfront where Amoudi Villas are located. Fortunately we met the young woman who staffs the 'boat tours' desk at the dock just down from the villas. I can't remember her name, but she arranged for the scooter rental people to drop a Vespa to us for the period of our stay. Later on we booked a 'Sunset Tour' through her which goes on the big red catamaran from Amoudi Bay. This was a really good boat trip, with snorkelling and free booze.

At Amoudi Bay there are several good restaurants/bars. Both the Sunset and Katina were very nice, and we had a good time with the staff and other guests at these places. In conclusion, this accommodation is OK as long as you understand that it is pretty basic and that you may need to rent a vehicle if you want to travel the few kilometres up the hill between Amoudi Bay and the town of Oia.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Dominic K
Reviewed October 13, 2012

A peaceful bay with the best fish restaurants, swim access, great sunset and day cruises around the island. Yiannis was helpful and friendly. He told me all the informations I needed to know in order not to miss anything of the island, the history of the island, what to see, where to go and how . I would miss seeing the very important ruins of the ancient city of Akrotiri without his tour on the map.
The view from room was amazing, additionally with the typical Caldera view, I had the view on that magic little port, day and night.
There is no reception on the spot but the staff is so helping. The check in in Oia is not easy because there are no addresses but in that case it was so easy, I just had to ask about Amoudi Villas to the Information center right where the bus dropped me, then they called Yiannis who came and pickup me to my apartment.
It is October and the weather is good, people are still swimming, Not me... I'm taking pictures all day long... Santorini is amazing... I wish I had some more time. But I'll come back for sure!

这家旅馆位于圣特里尼岛Oia镇最北端的Amoudi海湾边上,紧邻小码头和鱼餐厅,高兴的话可以直接下海游泳,看海湾看日落都风光无敌。
旅馆是Apart类的,没有接待处,坐车到了Oia镇在Info中心问一下,打个电话老板Yiannis开车来接。Yiannis详细跟我讲了岛上情况,知道我喜欢看古迹特别介绍岛南端有座五千年前古城遗迹Akrotiri,据说是Atlantis姊妹城,后都毁于海中火山爆发。
我本来订单人间,到达后Yiannis给我升成了套间,房间足够大,设施不新但都齐全,屋里还有不少老旧物品做装饰摆设,别拿大城市星级酒店标准要求,毕竟这是家收费不贵的Villas,如果住过福建土楼那感觉有点像,当然卫生条件要更完善...:)
圣岛我是乱打乱撞来的,来了发现国人特别热衷圣岛(据说有人到了希腊不待雅典直接来此)也有道理,风光建筑随手一拍就是张明信片,看过各种日落,这里的日落还是让我印象尤其深刻。决定了,以后想再发呆就来这里••••••

Room Tip: Email Amoudi Villas, and ask them the different room options, and they will help you to choose the best room for you.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Pikemail
Reviewed August 23, 2012

This was a quaint & quiet hotel we found in Amoudi Bay. It was down by the water and away from the top of Oia where we could fall asleep hearing the waves crash against the shore. Right across from the Villas is where the small shuttle boats take people to Fira and tours of the immediate islands. Note that the stairway up to Oia is nearly 300 steps so be prepared but during the day you can pay and ride a donkey up; however at night you are on your own. They don't seem to clean the stairs so if you do hike at night, watch out for stepping in donkey turd. I don't understand why this cannot be controlled or cleaned (same on the steps in Fira). All this considered, we rented a quad runner to get around the island anyway so avoided the hike entirely. The room was rustic but comfortable and priced about right considering the sky-high costs of rooms up top in Oia. No television (which we appreciated) while a/c and WiFi internet were both very good. Our host was gracious, kind and very helpful. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank RMBrownlee
Reviewed July 8, 2012

We like to find places that are a little off the beaten path...and this place is just that! Amoudi Bay Villas is set in the Bay of Amoudi away from the busy Oia town. You do not have a reception desk which is hard when you may need a taxi however you do have Yiannis(I hope i spelled your name right). He is a great manager of hotel. He arranged breakfast for us each morning , which I would recommend since there is no other option in the bay for breakfast. He also took us on a tour of the island and filled us in on so much history. There are 3 places to eat in the bay but go with Katina is the BEST!!! The villa was clean and cozy, built into the side of the hill!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple