“Great few days in Oia”
Review of VIP Suites

VIP Suites
Ranked #48 of 58 Hotels in Oia
Reviewed April 9, 2013

My girlfriend and I spent 4 days in Oia and stayed in one of the suites on the caldera coast. the service was great and the views were fantastic. We were right above the 3 famous blue domes and overlooked the sea. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We were there right before the season started so it was pretty quiet but we still enjoyed our trip very much.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the Kaldera
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Gadi B

Reviewed March 25, 2013

This is a really lovely place to stay. So romantic, particularly in the offseason. We were given a tiny little cottage of our own in Oia, perched on the cliffs just off the main pedestrian road. The crown jewel of the cottage was the balcony. Oh what a view!

Our unit was a two story structure with a lofted bedroom and a living room/kitchenette below. The living room opened up to the balcony, and during the day the entire wall opened to windows so you could take in the gorgeous sea/cliff views. The furnishings were lovely, mostly from Ikea but just perfect for what we needed.

This place is luxurious, though not fancy. The kitchenette consists of a minifridge and a hot plate. Bathroom is surprisingly nice for Greece.

Bottom line: I'm going to be comparing every hotel I stay for the rest of my life to this place. What a romantic getaway. The room was stocked with plenty of candles and a bottle of wine. Stay here. You won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: We were offered a choice of two rooms. One had a much nicer balcony than the other, so ask to see so...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank trip2phan
Reviewed January 23, 2013

The booking gave NO indication that we would need a vehicle to get to the guest house nor that is was on the other side, the down-slope side, of Oia and not in the cliffs. When we checked in we were made to wait an hour before our escort showed up and when we asked to use the Internet, the hostess charged us! The house was supposed to be cleaned every other day, we were there for 5 days and no one showed up ever. We asked that the kitchen water pressure be fixed and were told "no problem," yup, that never happened either. We received no credit for either, only a shrug like "we don't know what happened." The guesthouse was remote and we actually loved that, it was as if we had our own private Santorini. The neighbor had the sweetest dog who spent time with us, we were right over the water and about 1/2 mile away was an oasis hotel, Pelagos, where we ate and swam and used the Internet. It was like having a country club. We'll stay there next time.

4  Thank NYCtoSantaMonica
alexiszervas, General Manager at VIP Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide us your valuable feed back.Concerning the internet charges , i am afraid that you ve used the computer system located in a travel agency which is specially made for that purpose.Provide internet access with a specific fee.You need to prepay the internet tickets by choosing the actual time and then you log in. As for the location of the specific house which we are glad that you liked and you would visit again if you would be in Santorini , we are sure that you probably did not take a good look what you had booked since the description of the house was Beach front villa,and all there were photos on the web site that were taken from the particular house as you ve noticed .Its just that all the rest of the Vip suites were on the cliff except this particular one.In order not to have that incident again ( since we had it already 3-4 times already ),we removed completely that house from Vip suites and its now by itself as a separate accommodation/listing with a different name.

Reviewed December 15, 2012

We where delighted with this accommodation.There are some places you wish you could stay longer in and this for us was one of them.Centrally located with a private balcony overlooking the caldera ( full sea view).Everything from the bathroom to bedding was clean and comfortable, spectacular in design.The setting was amazing, on the top of Santorini's famous cliffs, with a great view to the volcanic islands. We ve hired a segway which was very easy to use and could get you anywhere.Everything we wanted to see -Amoudi port, baxedes beach- were only five minutes away!Every person reviewed this is a unique place was right and now I’m among them too!

1  Thank erlat f
Reviewed November 28, 2012

Love this place, feels like home!! Stayed there for 4nights, I am sorry we could not stay for longer and will certainly make an effort to return. The room was extremely clean, well designed and well serviced daily, beautiful away from the noise. Very peaceful and relaxing, accessible to most of the village sights/restaurants. Could not have been better!!!! It was all that we were looking for. Everything was as promised, from the pick-up at the airport to the attention to detail, This is a travelers delight for couples of all ages. Such a majestic place, wonderful memories... until next time...

1  Thank Cath_ABor
Reviewed November 10, 2012

This was our first visit in Santorini and I was looking something small, private and in cycladic style.We stayed in VIP suites which really exceeded our expectations .The exceptional service began from the moment we were picked up by the driver at the airport. The location was excellent-the view from the balcony was amazing – quiet and peaceful,the rooms were exceptionally clean, comfortable & private.My only complaint is that we didn't stay longer I am gutted that we only spent more than 3 nights. If you need time to unwind and get away from stress this place is a sure bet. I hope to be back soon.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 12, 2012 via mobile

I booked a room for 4 nights from Sept 10-14 at 59 euro a night with VIP Suites. Thinking that I found an excellent bargain, my guts dropped when the check-in staff told me that I actually booked a beach villa which was 4km away from Oia town center. Initially, I refused to accept the room on the basis that they only showed the pictures of the caldera rooms on a travel site. The manager, Tia, then pointed out that there was some text description that clearly showed it was a villa on the beach. A refund was not possible, as it was me who made the mistake. She did, however, listened to my request on using my payment to stay in a caldera room for the last 2 days of my time in Santorini. She was also nice enough to help me to find an alternative accommodation for 2 nights in a nice family run B&B at a very good price. Even my mistake made the beach villa unavailable to other potential guests for at least one day, I was not charged for their loss.

Talking about the suite itself, it's simply amazing. The single room suite is small yet very clean and functional. There is a kicthenette with an oven-stove, fridge, cook wares and even oil and seasonings! There are sea view 3 suites in my current location with 2 balconies overlooking the southern part of Santorini and the volcanic island. The view is so great, that I have been sitting here in the lower balcony to enjoy it since I checked in 3 hours ago. Note: the smaller 2 persons suite has no balcony but a hardly accessible rooftop sundeck.

The price for staying in these suites aren't the cheapest in Oia but you can always offset it by cooking your own meals in the room. If you are planning to go to Santorini and don't mind to pay a little extra for accommodation, book a suite with VIP Suites.

• Stayed: September 2012
Ecorama, Manager at VIP Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2012

Dear guest,

The accommodation facility that you have booked by mistake as a VIP room has been clearly advertised as a house located in the very near proximity of the beach coast of Oia (fact that it could have been quite easily deducted following a very short inquiry on the Caldera side and the opposing beach side of Santorini Island).
The description of the villa that you have booked contains the specification that the house is not located on the caldera cliff side but along the wide beach, being accompanied by the associated pictures - which also justifies the significantly lower price charged for this type of accommodation.
Nevertheless, in order to avoid any other future confusion among our potential guests when booking one of our accommodation facilities, we already took the measure to remove the said lodging from the list of apartments advertised under the VIP suites category. At present, the house in question is being advertised as “beach front villa in Baxedes area”.
We would also like to emphasize once again that the distance from the village to the said location is short enough to be driven in a few minutes.
We are glad that you enjoyed the caldera view suite on the second part of your stay and we believe that the ratio between the range of various types of accommodation offered and the associated charged prices is quite equitable for our guests.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Oia
Residence Suites
#31 of 81 in Fira
Oia's Sunset Apartments
Blue Dolphins Traditional Apartments
Hotel Atlantida Villas

Been to VIP Suites? Share your experiences!