“Cave room... Stunning View”
Review of VIP Suites

VIP Suites
Ranked #46 of 56 Hotels in Oia
Reviewed June 25, 2012

My husband and I booked a Superior Cave room with VIP Suites for 3 nights in May 2012 and were given a small cave room. the room was situated on the caldera and the small balcony outside the room had stunning views. the room although bit small was just right with traditional white washed walls and cave like structure. even the washroom was cave-like. However there was a slight malfunction in the washroom and we had to move out of the cave room to the nearby Best Western hotel, also maintained by the same company, Ecorama Holidays. The propoerty is well located in the heart of Oia and the travel agency maintaining the property is also easily accessible by buses as it is located on the bus station itself. the agency guy helps with luggage down and up the stairs to the room. very nice.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 23, 2012

We stayed in Suite 7 @ VIP Suite. The view from our balcony was brilliant.
The room was adorable and clean. The bathroom was nice, big and clean yet the toilet had flushing issues.
Some negatives were the bed was very uncomfortable and the air-conditioning was constantly playing up (turning off and on) which kicked the safety switch off killing the power.
But all in all was very happy and if those little thing get fixed it would have been perfect.
We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 1, 2012

We decided to do a last minute trip to the island from Athens. So we arrived and didn't know what to do. Big mistake as everyone rushed for the taxis which are grey and seem almost hidden. We didn't know the bus system so we ended up waiting for a taxi. 30 Euro and about 40minutes later we arrived at our destination. Well sort of. We decided to walk around looking for the hotel on the main street. Forget about that idea, go immediately to the first tourist shop you see across from the ATM machines. Wait in line and ask to check into the VIP Suites. You will wait for someone to hold your luggage and walk you to your room. Once you see how this works you will understand. You keep walking and walking and walking through the main street until you get to a door. You unlock the door and we walked down about 50 very steep and windy steps to our room. Let me say that this is well worth the effort and confusion.

The view was amazing. We stayed 1 above the bottom most cave overlooking the water. Basically our person walking us to our place said that the best place to watch the sunset was at the top of the stairs on this turret like thing.

Inside the room is very interesting. The old CRT TV the screen size smaller than an iPad is basically a working prop. Even though the cable is plugged in there is no reception. The remote didn't do anything either. There was a tiny kitchen which we used the wine glasses. 3 little candles and matches were also there which we used on the patio while drinking wine at night.

The bathroom is modernish looking and the whole unit is clean. Hot water is turned on and off by the front fuse so when you first enter you might need to wait a bit to warm the water up. No big deal if this is a power conserving reason. I would definitely recommend staying here and you can go up the stairs to also eat the restaurant with a perfect view of the sunset.

My con is that I am 6'4" and kept hitting my head into the ceiling right before the bathroom. I have a huge lump on my head and thought the last time I hit it that I had finally split my head open. I guess its more of a funny story if you are a taller person and survive this. But I have no idea why something like this was designed as only the hallway does this. It seemed like a restaurant had the same style of right before going through the door the ceiling is lowered by a foot. And the doorway is a normal height.

Room Tip: I would choose the cave room. You will thank my review when you arrive.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank travanx
Reviewed April 19, 2012

The view of the caldera from our suite was just like you see in the guide books. Very large, clean, comfortable rooms available at a good price. Even in the off-season, Santorini was busy and we liked having a nice, quiet place to soak up the sun and enjoy the amazing view, while being just steps away from great restaurants and shops. Note that VIP Suites is not a hotel, but rather a collection of properties. You do get housekeeping every day, with clean linens and towels, but otherwise this is more like renting a house than staying in a hotel. We stayed in the Honeymoon suite with our college-age daughter and had plenty of room, with a small kitchen we used to make tea, coffee, and breakfast every day. Also brought back take out and wine to enjoy on the balcony--you don't have to spend a lot of money unless you want to!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Sarah_S745
Reviewed February 28, 2012

The suites have an excellent location and they are very clean and neat while the staff is friendly and provide an efficient service with good value for money. The price is much lower than most hotels in the area.The view of the caldera is breathtaking, the place is extremely quiet and very close to all significant sights. Next time in Santorini, we will surely be back to VIP suites!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 23, 2012

I stayed here for one week with my boyfriend, on my first trip to Santorini and I was amazed. The cave house had a lovely balcony overlooking the caldera and the volcano, they are well furnished, clean and extremely comfortable. The privacy and the quietness of the facility are really a wow ... just you and the sea. Service was courteous and the staff pleasant. A very nice stay, I recommend this place for a calm holiday for a couple or group of friends or even families.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank anisa y
Reviewed January 19, 2012

We have chosen VIP suites based on the recommendation made by our friends who stayed there last year. We were very happy with our choice, even impressed with the friendliness of the staff, the great service, the huge size of the cave house, the intimate and quiet ambiance of the facility and the outstanding view of the cliff given by its perfect location. Everything is within walking distance (the best spot to watch the sunset is right next to it). A really perfect place to stay and at a very reasonable price.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank kim g
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oia
Residence Suites
Armeni Village Rooms & Suites
Aroma Suites
Aroma Suites
#31 of 80 in Fira

Been to VIP Suites? Share your experiences!