“Coolest little bookstore!”
Review of Atlantis Books

Atlantis Books
Ranked #1 of 23 Shopping in Oia
Reviewed August 21, 2013

I stopped by this little bookstore while on my honeymoon and picked up a couple books. Atlantis books is a treasure. Great selection of books, complete with a friendly cat to great you. The man working there was very helpful.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

Amidst a sea of tourists shops and what else lies a hidden jewel ....and so by accident we stumbled across Atlantis Books ...a hidden literary gem in a basement in Oia... Part Hobbit part den part cat's paradise...with books for every taste , age and language..we did not want to leave..we just wanted to browse....and worship...and never forget that there are still places in the world waiting to be relished, to be discovered...and to enjoy ...!

Reviewed July 25, 2013

Oia is already a pretty amazing place, but I felt like I'd descended into a magical kingdom when I went down the stairs to Atlantis books. So sorry I missed a roof top evening, but spent hours there. Went back for me and even called after we were home to get a 1st edition book they'd had lying around. More than a bookstore, Atlantis proves dreams really should come true.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

Was so disappointed they really didn't have cats for rent
Still a unique and fun place to see amid all the standard galleries and souvenir stores

Reviewed April 8, 2013

It had been a dream for years to one day make it to this fabled bookshop -- and it was exactly what I'd expected.
A wonderful place, magical, stuffed with books old and new, supervised by the obligatory bookshop cat. The perfect place to buy a book for one's traveling companion and inscribe it while drunk on the Oia sunsets. Don't miss the shop's own publications, Paravion Press. They're beautiful, and make wonderful small gifts to take home. Craig, the owner, knows his stuff, and not only books: he recommended the nearby Candouni restaurant to us - definitely the best meal in recent memory. In short, don't miss this place.