“Not only for the honeymooner”
Review of Katikies Hotel

Katikies Hotel
Ranked #14 of 56 Hotels in Oia
Reviewed October 18, 2012 via mobile

I just returned to Manhattan from 6 nights in Oia... Katikies was definitely one of the highlights. I might be the only single traveler during my stay, but was treated equally attentively. Absolutely loved the special dinner in the hotel restaurant (only served 4 tables a night); massage was like nothing I ever had (exclusive for the hotel guests; I was alone in the spa :); took on the semi-private boat ride from the hotel's recommendation (will easily do it again!). The property was kept extremely clean and everything was tastefully done... I absolutely enjoyed my daily breakfast in my balcony with the most spectacular view while reading and writing. Admired the health conscious choices. The staff made up a big part of the wonderful experience; Alexender (manager, who remembers every guest's name), Michael (front desk), saki (food and room service) and many more I did not get the names...; thank you for a fantastic vacation. This is the first time I have ever written a review for a hotel, and I travel internationally on a regular basis... It was such an unique experience that I feel it deserves my recommendation.

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank ZoeTheLoneTraveler

Reviewed October 18, 2012

The Katikies group of hotels includes The Katikies Hotel, The Kirini Hotel, and Villa Katikies (all of these are in Oia) plus Sunrocks Hotel (in Firostefani) and Chromata (in Imerovigli).

It's important that you know this and that you focus in on the differences between Oia, Firostefani and Imerovigli. Why? Because there's the chance that you'll book into one of these hotels and then be moved to another. That's what happened to us-- and from reading reviews it's happened to others. Having read the reviews we were prepared to be moved so that when it happened we just rolled with it. As it turned out, we were in better rooms than we had booked and we enjoyed seeing two hotels (Katikies and Kirini). But I can imagine that some travelers might be upset by this.

The bottom line on the hotels is that they are superb. Truly extraordinary. Gorgeous rooms and bathrooms, excellent staff, wonderful breakfast.

Santorini's cliffs and caldera are dramatic but the rest of the island is not particularly attractive (compared to other islands). Most importantly, be prepared for crowds-- even in late September (we arrived on September 25).

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank TCWilliamstown
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Katikies provided the perfect balance of luxury, service and privacy, with a casual friendly atmosphere with absolutely no pretensions.

We stayed here on our honeymoon for 6 nights in a senior suite with the most amazing views. We haven't got anything but praise for the hotel and it's staff, the attention to detail is top notch.

I would highly recommend this hotel for a special occasion holiday as it amply copes with the expectations you will have.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 8, 2012

We recently spent 4 nights at Katikies on our honeymoon. What a phenomenal hotel. The staff, rooms, views, pool, food, - everything was exceptional. We had wonderful service and truly enjoyed ourselves. The hotel staff was extremely helpful and accommodating. The infinity pool provides a stunning view. The spa was also fantastic! What a great place to escape, celebrate, relax and indulge. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: We stayed in a senior suite, over looking the water. Very spacious, great bathroom, exceptional view...
2  Thank JD1212
Reviewed October 6, 2012

After traveling to Monte Carlo, Paris and Venice this was our final stop and our favorite part of the trip! It is the ultimate honeymoon destination. When arriving at Katikies- Alexander upgraded us to the honeymoon suite, but said we would have to wait a couple hours for the room to be ready. We sat by the pool and had complimentary drinks served to us with hopeful thinking that our room would be worth the wait.....and it was! Our room was breath taking!! We had our own private balcony with a day bed, chairs/table and hot tub. The room itself was white, crisp and clean. They had an ipod playing with some of our favorite songs. Everything was absolutely perfect!

We dined at the hotel most nights and during the day at the pool. Every morning Micheal (our favorite waiter) brought us breakfast on our balcony. The food for the most part was good, loved all the restaurants for dinner, lunch by the pool was very good, but the breakfast was just ok, but still worth it since you could literally roll out of bed and onto your balcony to enjoy the views and have breakfast there waiting for you.

I would highly recommend this hotel, I've been telling everyone you must visit Katikies at least once in your life. It is well worth it! Everyday I said wow, this is just so beautiful. The staff is very friendly and really make you feel at home. I started calling our room, " our apartment" because I felt so at home. Please visit this hotel, its pricey, but its worth it- trust me. We will definitely be back!

Thank you again Alexander- we miss everyone at the hotel already!

Room Tip: Pay the extra buck for one of the suites- the honeymoon suite was amazing!!
1  Thank Jaclyn7
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Really enjoyed this place.
My honeymoon suite was very nice, particularly with beatiful patio to enjoy daytime.
The view/atmosphere make it for the rest, a wanderfull place despite few minor issue(mostly because of the island), such as the very small pool area, the very hot concrete structure, and that you pratically are not at the sea.
All staff and manager were extremly polite all the time, and food was generally very good.
I can't compare with the few others Santorini's top notches places as i haven't had time to try those as well, but would comeback here with no esitation

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 27, 2012

My (new) wife and I had a fantastic time at Katikies in Santorini. The island is magical and the hotel was the cherry on top.
In my opinion you cannot beat the location of Oia, which has the best shops, eats and views. A rental car or moped gets you to all the beaches and other sites/attractions.
The staff went above and beyond to ensure we were comfortable and happy. Always friendly and professional they were also patient with my rusty Greek.
The views from the pool and our patio were some of the best we experienced on the entire island.
We had some fantastic dinners over the course of our five-night stay but the best food was found at Katikies (breakfast, dinner and a la carte).
It is very much a couple’s hotel and we would definitely not consider staying anywhere else the next time we find ourselves back in Santorini.
Efharisto poli Katikies!

Room Tip: Grab a glass of champagne on your private patio and watch the sun go down.