“Perfect honeymoon hotel”

Katikies Hotel
Ranked #13 of 56 Hotels in Oia
“Perfect honeymoon hotel”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Katikies provided the perfect balance of luxury, service and privacy, with a casual friendly atmosphere with absolutely no pretensions.

We stayed here on our honeymoon for 6 nights in a senior suite with the most amazing views. We haven't got anything but praise for the hotel and it's staff, the attention to detail is top notch.

I would highly recommend this hotel for a special occasion holiday as it amply copes with the expectations you will have.

• Stayed October 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
New York City, New York
Reviewed October 8, 2012

We recently spent 4 nights at Katikies on our honeymoon. What a phenomenal hotel. The staff, rooms, views, pool, food, - everything was exceptional. We had wonderful service and truly enjoyed ourselves. The hotel staff was extremely helpful and accommodating. The infinity pool provides a stunning view. The spa was also fantastic! What a great place to escape, celebrate, relax and indulge. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: We stayed in a senior suite, over looking the water. Very spacious, great bathroom, exceptional view...
2 Thank JD1212
New York City, New York
Reviewed October 6, 2012

After traveling to Monte Carlo, Paris and Venice this was our final stop and our favorite part of the trip! It is the ultimate honeymoon destination. When arriving at Katikies- Alexander upgraded us to the honeymoon suite, but said we would have to wait a couple hours for the room to be ready. We sat by the pool and had complimentary drinks served to us with hopeful thinking that our room would be worth the wait.....and it was! Our room was breath taking!! We had our own private balcony with a day bed, chairs/table and hot tub. The room itself was white, crisp and clean. They had an ipod playing with some of our favorite songs. Everything was absolutely perfect!

We dined at the hotel most nights and during the day at the pool. Every morning Micheal (our favorite waiter) brought us breakfast on our balcony. The food for the most part was good, loved all the restaurants for dinner, lunch by the pool was very good, but the breakfast was just ok, but still worth it since you could literally roll out of bed and onto your balcony to enjoy the views and have breakfast there waiting for you.

I would highly recommend this hotel, I've been telling everyone you must visit Katikies at least once in your life. It is well worth it! Everyday I said wow, this is just so beautiful. The staff is very friendly and really make you feel at home. I started calling our room, " our apartment" because I felt so at home. Please visit this hotel, its pricey, but its worth it- trust me. We will definitely be back!

Thank you again Alexander- we miss everyone at the hotel already!

Room Tip: Pay the extra buck for one of the suites- the honeymoon suite was amazing!!
1 Thank Jaclyn7
italy
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Really enjoyed this place.
My honeymoon suite was very nice, particularly with beatiful patio to enjoy daytime.
The view/atmosphere make it for the rest, a wanderfull place despite few minor issue(mostly because of the island), such as the very small pool area, the very hot concrete structure, and that you pratically are not at the sea.
All staff and manager were extremly polite all the time, and food was generally very good.
I can't compare with the few others Santorini's top notches places as i haven't had time to try those as well, but would comeback here with no esitation

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed September 27, 2012

My (new) wife and I had a fantastic time at Katikies in Santorini. The island is magical and the hotel was the cherry on top.
In my opinion you cannot beat the location of Oia, which has the best shops, eats and views. A rental car or moped gets you to all the beaches and other sites/attractions.
The staff went above and beyond to ensure we were comfortable and happy. Always friendly and professional they were also patient with my rusty Greek.
The views from the pool and our patio were some of the best we experienced on the entire island.
We had some fantastic dinners over the course of our five-night stay but the best food was found at Katikies (breakfast, dinner and a la carte).
It is very much a couple’s hotel and we would definitely not consider staying anywhere else the next time we find ourselves back in Santorini.
Efharisto poli Katikies!

Room Tip: Grab a glass of champagne on your private patio and watch the sun go down.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Overall very happy with this hotel. This site is full of glowing comments most of which I agree with, so to balance that, I will focus on the negatives.

* The cheapest room category (double room) is very small. If I stayed again I’d definitely go for the suites as they are not that much more expensive and much bigger.
* The balconies are not particularly private. I had visions of sitting around on the balcony having drinks. In reality, for most of the rooms, on your balcony half the hotel can see what you are doing.
* If you want to get a deck chair by the pool, you need to be down there before 10. It is very annoying how people come down at 9, leave their stuff on the deck chairs to reserve them, and don’t bother coming back to the pool until like 11. The staff need to do something about this. At one point there was no one around the pool, but all the deck chairs were reserved. The whole deck chair is probably the biggest problem with the hotel.
* Breakfast is really good, served on your balcony. However, on two occasions they missed items on our order – even after they read it back correctly.
* The staff need to think about how long things take to get to around the island. Three out of three times, they said something would take 20 minutes to get to, when it took much longer. This caused a very big problem for us at one point.
* The stairs. My word. I have never seen so many stairs in my life.

What makes this hotel is: the pool, the setting and the service. But 3 nights was more than enough.

Room Tip: Go for a senior suite at the minimum,
3 Thank Adam C
Sydney Australia
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I recently stayed here on the last leg of a 3 week holiday in France and Greece . This hotel had been recommended to me by a number of friends and so it was with much anticipation that I arrived at this hotel. I stayed in a " senior suite " which was terrific.The room was spotlessly clean , a good size , extremely comfortable and the service was efficient and respectful. The views were unmatched and it was convenient having a separate entrance to the street via a set of stairs . There is no doubt that this is the part of the island to stay being the " sunset " part of the island. What was wrong with it ? The only fault I could find with the place , and there is nothing they , or any other hotel in their vicinity can do about it given the topography of the island , is that there are approximately 40 - 50 rooms and only room around the main pool for about about 15 couples. Whilst there are 2 other pools there was only on lounge possible for one very small pool and the 3rd pool was inside a " cave " and you had to lay on lounges nearby. when we arrived it was hot and despite paying some 750 euros a night , I was unable to get a lounge by the pool and had to lay on a lounge elsewhere and walk down several levels to the pool to have a swim.
I had to resort to getting up early and putting towels and books on loungchairs to " reserve" a lounge which I something I detest doing.
This would not stop me staying here again as it is a problem with all hotels in the area so it should not be viewed as a criticism of Katakies , but a comment and warning to travellers.
Santorrini is a place that you would go to once and put it in the " ticked the box" category. I was only there for 3 nights which was enough. The island is beautiful and the scenery everything you see on postcards , but if you want to swim in the ocean , I would go to other Islands such as Mykinos.

1 Thank McLee58
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oia
Andronis Luxury Suites
Kirini Suites & Spa
Art Maisons Luxury Santorini Hotels Aspaki & Oia Castle
Atrina Canava 1894
Mystique Luxury Collection Hotel
Iconic Santorini, a boutique cave hotel

Been to Katikies Hotel? Share your experiences!