Katikies Hotel
$901
  • Breakfast included
Oia's Sunset Apartments(Oia)(Great Value!)
$197
$816
$487
$463
1,005 results
All reviewsinfinity poolchampagne barour honeymoonsenior suitesuperior suitemain poolbeautiful hoteltour of the propertythe hotel managerpool staffheaven on earthsister hotelevery morningmoment you arrivestunning viewsmobile phonethe cliff
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Really enjoyed this place.
My honeymoon suite was very nice, particularly with beatiful patio to enjoy daytime.
The view/atmosphere make it for the rest, a wanderfull place despite few minor issue(mostly because of the island), such as the very small pool area, the very hot concrete structure, and that you pratically are not at the sea.
All staff and manager were extremly polite all the time, and food was generally very good.
I can't compare with the few others Santorini's top notches places as i haven't had time to try those as well, but would comeback here with no esitation

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 27, 2012

My (new) wife and I had a fantastic time at Katikies in Santorini. The island is magical and the hotel was the cherry on top.
In my opinion you cannot beat the location of Oia, which has the best shops, eats and views. A rental car or moped gets you to all the beaches and other sites/attractions.
The staff went above and beyond to ensure we were comfortable and happy. Always friendly and professional they were also patient with my rusty Greek.
The views from the pool and our patio were some of the best we experienced on the entire island.
We had some fantastic dinners over the course of our five-night stay but the best food was found at Katikies (breakfast, dinner and a la carte).
It is very much a couple’s hotel and we would definitely not consider staying anywhere else the next time we find ourselves back in Santorini.
Efharisto poli Katikies!

Room Tip: Grab a glass of champagne on your private patio and watch the sun go down.
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Overall very happy with this hotel. This site is full of glowing comments most of which I agree with, so to balance that, I will focus on the negatives.

* The cheapest room category (double room) is very small. If I stayed again I’d definitely go for the suites as they are not that much more expensive and much bigger.
* The balconies are not particularly private. I had visions of sitting around on the balcony having drinks. In reality, for most of the rooms, on your balcony half the hotel can see what you are doing.
* If you want to get a deck chair by the pool, you need to be down there before 10. It is very annoying how people come down at 9, leave their stuff on the deck chairs to reserve them, and don’t bother coming back to the pool until like 11. The staff need to do something about this. At one point there was no one around the pool, but all the deck chairs were reserved. The whole deck chair is probably the biggest problem with the hotel.
* Breakfast is really good, served on your balcony. However, on two occasions they missed items on our order – even after they read it back correctly.
* The staff need to think about how long things take to get to around the island. Three out of three times, they said something would take 20 minutes to get to, when it took much longer. This caused a very big problem for us at one point.
* The stairs. My word. I have never seen so many stairs in my life.

What makes this hotel is: the pool, the setting and the service. But 3 nights was more than enough.

Room Tip: Go for a senior suite at the minimum,
3  Thank Adam C
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I recently stayed here on the last leg of a 3 week holiday in France and Greece . This hotel had been recommended to me by a number of friends and so it was with much anticipation that I arrived at this hotel. I stayed in a " senior suite " which was terrific.The room was spotlessly clean , a good size , extremely comfortable and the service was efficient and respectful. The views were unmatched and it was convenient having a separate entrance to the street via a set of stairs . There is no doubt that this is the part of the island to stay being the " sunset " part of the island. What was wrong with it ? The only fault I could find with the place , and there is nothing they , or any other hotel in their vicinity can do about it given the topography of the island , is that there are approximately 40 - 50 rooms and only room around the main pool for about about 15 couples. Whilst there are 2 other pools there was only on lounge possible for one very small pool and the 3rd pool was inside a " cave " and you had to lay on lounges nearby. when we arrived it was hot and despite paying some 750 euros a night , I was unable to get a lounge by the pool and had to lay on a lounge elsewhere and walk down several levels to the pool to have a swim.
I had to resort to getting up early and putting towels and books on loungchairs to " reserve" a lounge which I something I detest doing.
This would not stop me staying here again as it is a problem with all hotels in the area so it should not be viewed as a criticism of Katakies , but a comment and warning to travellers.
Santorrini is a place that you would go to once and put it in the " ticked the box" category. I was only there for 3 nights which was enough. The island is beautiful and the scenery everything you see on postcards , but if you want to swim in the ocean , I would go to other Islands such as Mykinos.

1  Thank McLee58
Reviewed September 16, 2012

This hotel was definitely one of the most beautiful places we have ever stayed. Room 14's view was unreal! The only complaint we have is that management was rather arrogant and non-accommodating/sympathetic. We had a situation where the lights turned on in the middle of the night in our room and there was nobody around at the front desk or on the entire property to help remedy the situation. Eventually we found someone to fix the circuit breaker. Then, at 6:30 am the cleaning crew started washing our balcony and windows, while we appreciated the cleanliness and up-keep of the property, just wished it wasn't intrusive on our sleep. We did bring this up with management (manager and assistant manager) and they weren't as apologetic as we would have thought given it is a leading hotel of the world and a five star property, they did compensate us with dinner, which was lovely, however we were just really looking for a basic, "I'm sorry." Other than this the property was magnificent, clean, delicious breakfast on the balcony, fantastic infinity pool and all workers were accommodating friendly and professional. I would highly recommend this hotel, just hope management can step it up a notch with their customer service to match their five star status.