1,056 results
All reviewschampagne barinfinity poolour honeymoonsenior suitebeautiful hotelmain pooltour of the propertythe hotel managerprivate terraceheaven on earthpool staffsister hotelmoment you arrivestunning viewsevery morningpedestrian walkwaysuperior room
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Overall very happy with this hotel. This site is full of glowing comments most of which I agree with, so to balance that, I will focus on the negatives.

* The cheapest room category (double room) is very small. If I stayed again I’d definitely go for the suites as they are not that much more expensive and much bigger.
* The balconies are not particularly private. I had visions of sitting around on the balcony having drinks. In reality, for most of the rooms, on your balcony half the hotel can see what you are doing.
* If you want to get a deck chair by the pool, you need to be down there before 10. It is very annoying how people come down at 9, leave their stuff on the deck chairs to reserve them, and don’t bother coming back to the pool until like 11. The staff need to do something about this. At one point there was no one around the pool, but all the deck chairs were reserved. The whole deck chair is probably the biggest problem with the hotel.
* Breakfast is really good, served on your balcony. However, on two occasions they missed items on our order – even after they read it back correctly.
* The staff need to think about how long things take to get to around the island. Three out of three times, they said something would take 20 minutes to get to, when it took much longer. This caused a very big problem for us at one point.
* The stairs. My word. I have never seen so many stairs in my life.

What makes this hotel is: the pool, the setting and the service. But 3 nights was more than enough.

Room Tip: Go for a senior suite at the minimum,
3  Thank Adam C
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I recently stayed here on the last leg of a 3 week holiday in France and Greece . This hotel had been recommended to me by a number of friends and so it was with much anticipation that I arrived at this hotel. I stayed in a " senior suite " which was terrific.The room was spotlessly clean , a good size , extremely comfortable and the service was efficient and respectful. The views were unmatched and it was convenient having a separate entrance to the street via a set of stairs . There is no doubt that this is the part of the island to stay being the " sunset " part of the island. What was wrong with it ? The only fault I could find with the place , and there is nothing they , or any other hotel in their vicinity can do about it given the topography of the island , is that there are approximately 40 - 50 rooms and only room around the main pool for about about 15 couples. Whilst there are 2 other pools there was only on lounge possible for one very small pool and the 3rd pool was inside a " cave " and you had to lay on lounges nearby. when we arrived it was hot and despite paying some 750 euros a night , I was unable to get a lounge by the pool and had to lay on a lounge elsewhere and walk down several levels to the pool to have a swim.
I had to resort to getting up early and putting towels and books on loungchairs to " reserve" a lounge which I something I detest doing.
This would not stop me staying here again as it is a problem with all hotels in the area so it should not be viewed as a criticism of Katakies , but a comment and warning to travellers.
Santorrini is a place that you would go to once and put it in the " ticked the box" category. I was only there for 3 nights which was enough. The island is beautiful and the scenery everything you see on postcards , but if you want to swim in the ocean , I would go to other Islands such as Mykinos.

1  Thank McLee58
Reviewed September 16, 2012

This hotel was definitely one of the most beautiful places we have ever stayed. Room 14's view was unreal! The only complaint we have is that management was rather arrogant and non-accommodating/sympathetic. We had a situation where the lights turned on in the middle of the night in our room and there was nobody around at the front desk or on the entire property to help remedy the situation. Eventually we found someone to fix the circuit breaker. Then, at 6:30 am the cleaning crew started washing our balcony and windows, while we appreciated the cleanliness and up-keep of the property, just wished it wasn't intrusive on our sleep. We did bring this up with management (manager and assistant manager) and they weren't as apologetic as we would have thought given it is a leading hotel of the world and a five star property, they did compensate us with dinner, which was lovely, however we were just really looking for a basic, "I'm sorry." Other than this the property was magnificent, clean, delicious breakfast on the balcony, fantastic infinity pool and all workers were accommodating friendly and professional. I would highly recommend this hotel, just hope management can step it up a notch with their customer service to match their five star status.

Reviewed September 15, 2012

This is our second time at Katikies, and this time it was for our honeymoon!
Wow, what a spectacular place! The first time we were impressed. The second time blown away!

Why they get all kind of awards and why we will make this a yearly visit is simple:
- Service is top notch
- Setting, view, room, design - all minimal and incredible
- The food is amazing, although a bit too fancy at times. Greek food is good when it is village style. It would be great if they could include a whole grilled fish as part of the men. Nevertheless, the food is great.
- They have an iPOD preloaded with great music in every room - not a big deal as we always bring our iPod, but this little touch is simply the best!

- Every morning the staff would walk up the many stairs and serve us breakfast.
- One really does not need to leave...I could just sit on the patio and look at the stillness of the sea water for hours....and it doesn't get old, or star gazing at night while chatting with my husband and sipping on champagne...or going out to the local bar and having the best dance party...whatever you like, it's there!

Compliments to Management! You have done a great job Alexander!

See you next year!

1  Thank live4thebeach072
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Beautiful setting and flawless service!
Just wish they had more simple traditional Greek dishes on their menu and more alcohol in their daiquiris.
Room view stunning with lots of privacy.
Some of the best service we have ever had in a hotel.
Pool areas each providing a different kind of experience. One had restaurant that allowed people watching and stunning view from infinity pool. One with cave pool and beautiful views and infinity pool. Last private infinity pool.
All restaurants small and intimate.

Room Tip: Request a room with patio privacy.
1  Thank NewportBeach1952