“Best place for honeymoon!”
Review of Canaves Oia Hotel

Canaves Oia Hotel
Ranked #13 of 58 Hotels in Oia
Reviewed May 15, 2014

I visited this hotel on my honeymoon. it was absolutely fabulous! We had the best time enjoying this romantic view from our luxurious room... I would suggest it to everyone that needs a peaceful place to have fun..

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 13, 2014

we spent 3 nights here celebrating a wedding anniversary and had the most relaxing experience. Canaves staff were always really friendly and greeted us with broad smiles and we felt they cared about making our stay as enjoyable as possible. They also assisted us with restaurant recommendations and excursions and we thoroughly enjoyed our catamaran yacht trip.
the hotel is situated at the beginning of the Oia so the rooms overlook the white washed caldera in it's entirety and views are therefore arguably the best. It's also right next to a bus stop with coaches to Fira.
breakfast was substantial and/or healthy, ie, there was a good selection of a range of foods from cooked to muesli ,cold cuts, fruit and pastries. I enjoyed the selection of roasted pistachios and walnuts with my muesli in particular.
We'd wholeheartedly recommend Oia for your Santorini stay and Canaves Suites will not disappoint.

Room Tip: all rooms seem to have a great view. if you go out of your way you can overlook other peoples balcon...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank stotheb
Reviewed May 13, 2014

My husband and I decided to get married in Santorini, which I now realise is so cliche. There was nothing typical about Canaves Oia Suites! This is definitely not your average 5 Star Resort!! From the time of our arrival until the sad day we left, we were treated like royalty. The staff could not do enough for us and our family. We thank the people at Canaves for making our holiday so magical and perfect.

The views are sensational!! Sunrise is glorious. Sunset is spectacular. Throughout the day, it is breathtaking.... wow, wow, wow!!

We couldn’t have asked for a better wedding day, made exceptional by all the staff. You can always tell when an operation is running seamlessly when it looks effortless to the outsider. This is what the whole experience felt like for us. Everything was handled timely, effectively and with an air of friendliness and courtesy! There was no such thing as a “problem”, including the unpredictable weather :-) Who would have thought we would have two tables set up for us? One inside and one outside! We loved every minute of it and would highly recommend Canaves Oia Suites to anyone wanting a lovely getaway, or to get married in such an idyllic location!!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
ThanassisPapetanas, Manager at Canaves Oia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2014

Hello Kirsten!

It was a real pleasure meeting you, your husband and your lovely family!
Thank you for giving us the chance to organize your very special day and make one of your dreams come true ! I am glad that you are happy with the results!!

All the Canaves Team is now ready to welcome you all for the anniversary trip !

Warm regards,

Thanassis Papetanas

Reviewed May 8, 2014

Let's face it - most hotels in Oia have wonderful views. After all, they're side by side and pretty much all face the same direction. How can it possibly go wrong?

So when it comes to choosing one hotel over another, it all boils down to service. In that department, no one does it better than Canaves. Their staff is very competent and professional. I've enjoyed better service here than at Ritz Carlton or Four Seasons anywhere in the world, seriously. You get the impression that they really care, and they strive to meet and even exceed your expectations.

That's why we chose Canaves for our destination wedding in Santorini. It was a big decision, as we had 30 guests at the wedding, who traveled from all over the world (but mostly from San Francisco, California), and we wanted everyone to have a good time. Canaves definitely took care of us, and made each guest happy. Throughout the 3-day wedding weekend, we never heard a single complaint from any of the guests, and everyone marveled at the beautiful views, and the helpful staff. We couldn't have been happier!

So if you're looking for a place to stay in Santorini - go with Canaves. It's indeed a 5-star property with a 5-star service. You will love it!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SFOO7

Dear SFOO7,

Thanks so much for your beautiful words!

Santorini is one of the most unique and romantic Wedding destinations in the world and we really have many inquiries daily asking us to organize their wedding.

We are always trying to keep it to a very few special ones each season...And yours was definitely one of them. It was a real pleasure working with you on your special day!

I wish for both of you the best for your married life!!!

Warm regards,

Thanassis Papetanas

Reviewed May 3, 2014

Canaves Oia Hotel in Oia, Santorini, Greece is literally heaven on earth! I thought my trips to the Cayman Islands or Aruba would always be my top vacations but now this is by far the top! The views were just mesmerizing! The staff could not have been more helpful, friendly and professional! We had some special requests and they were happy to make sure we were accommodated. I planned a special dinner for my wife and they made us feel like we were the only ones they were taking care of! We are already planning a return trip next year! This was paradise!

1  Thank Jeff S
Reviewed April 29, 2014

My husband and I just got home last night from Greece. We spent 4 days at Canaves. The staff, from the Managers to the waitstaff were so kind and professional. I hear the word, "royalty" thrown around in these reviews and it's true. The pictures are completely realistic when you look up the hotel. Our own shots from our little phone camera look professional and I am a terrible picture taker. You are staying in 1st class, white washed "cave" rooms with beautiful linens, top of the line baths and a view to die for. I felt like family after 4 days. We knew everyone's name and felt at home. The terrace at breakfast was amazing. Various baked goods, nuts and fruits, "real" yoghurt, Greek sausages and cheese pies, fruits and fresh juices, Yummm! I caught my husband watching You Tube videos of the hotel and Oia this morning when I came downstairs (oddly sad, but true). So please go! What are you waiting for? GOOOo!!!!

4  Thank Aingelmitton
Reviewed April 22, 2014

We were 2 couples looking for a relaxing 3 night stay.
What we found in Canaves was the perfect place.
Beautiful location, warm, helpful staff and wonderful rooms.
the breakfast was more than enough, and dinner one night at the hotel
did not disappoint.
go - go - go!!

2  Thank susanandeli
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oia
Andronis Luxury Suites
Kirini Suites & Spa
#10 of 58 in Oia
Petit Palace Suites Hotel
Art Maisons Luxury Santorini Hotels Aspaki & Oia Castle

Been to Canaves Oia Hotel? Share your experiences!