“Honeymoon paradise”
Review of Canaves Oia Hotel

Canaves Oia Hotel
Ranked #13 of 56 Hotels in Oia
Reviewed February 3, 2014

My wife and I spent the first 4 nights of our honeymoon at Canaves Oia. After a long day of travel, we arrived late in the evening at the airport to a personal driver who was waiting for us and knew our names. We were escorted quickly and seemlessly to the hotel where it felt like the entire hotel staff was waiting for our arrival. After dropping our bags off in our beautiful suite, we were escorted to a private table at the poolside restaurant overlooking the moonlit caldera. Our waiter recommended a few dishes and within 30 minutes of arriving at the hotel we were enjoying the best meal of our vacation - the squid-ink seafood pasta was just delicious!

Our room was private, spacious, clean, and luxurious, with a private jacuzzi pool and a stunning view. In all honesty, there isn't a room in the hotel without an expansive view of the caldera. Highly recommend a room with a private jacuzzi on your balcony - just unbeatable! The breakfasts (delivered to our private balcony every day) were among the most delicious we have ever had in a setting that was literally heaven on earth!

There are a lot of very nice hotels in Oia, all with beautiful views, but I have to say I think Canaves Oia must be the best. It's location is ideal - not far from the main road which made daytime transfers and transportation a breeze, but just far enough removed from the center of Oia to ensure the ultimate in privacy. The staff and service were impeccable. We can't wait to return to Santorini and would stay at Canaves Oia again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank DevinK26
There are newer reviews for Canaves Oia Hotel

Reviewed January 31, 2014

I must express my experience at Canaves Oia in Santorini. I have been married for over 20 years now and my wife and I have never had a Real Honeymoon. I'm a pharmaceutical sales representative and was always away from home for weeks at a time. Well to make a long story short, I retired and wanted to do something special for my wife for all the years she took care of the kids and the home while I was always on the road.

I decided to visit a Travel Agent just to see what I could do to make it Extra Extra Special for the lady that stood behind me over all of the years I left her alone. Linda at the travel agency showed me a bunch of brochures of different places, prices and so on. Well I went through like 30 or more of them and the one from Canaves Oia in Santorini I picked just popped out. This place actually looked and felt like a slice of Heaven.

So I got prices and all from Linda and I was so so excited. Well I decided then and there this was the one. I booked a 7 day stay with them and rushed home to let Marlena my wife know about the trip and I must say she was more excited than I was! Well once we got there, It was more Amazing than it looked on the brochure.

Everything was so beautiful and very clean. I must admit I would stay there forever if I could. If you know how any salesman life is, you would understand. I felt like a no body, but the staff there treated us like we were the most important people in the world. Everyone was so kind to us. Well sorry for going on and on, but it's a part of our life we will never forget and when I get down or start getting depressed over things in my life, I always think about those 7 Wonderful days my Wife and I spent at Canaves Oia and it brightens my life. :)

I'd just like to Thank everyone at Canaves Oia in Santorini for a memory we will never forget...

Thank you all so so much from Stephen and Marlena We love you all....

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Stephen M
Reviewed January 30, 2014

Hello everyone,

my girlfriend and I stayed at Canaves Oia Hotel for 10 great days during June, 2013.
Since I had a great time, I'd like to share my thoughts about the place. To start, the place looks beautiful, the interior of the hotel feels warm and it makes you feel comfortable, especially because everything is squeaky-clean, while the outdoors are just amazing. Another thing I really loved about the place was the view on the sea which was simply breathtaking. I also have nothing but the best to say about the food in the restaurant which was delicious and very nicely decorated.
When it comes to the service, it was the best I've ever expirienced. Every single employee
was very friendly and always ready to help at any time, so all our needs were satisified in no time.
All in all, I highly reccommend this hotel to anyone looking for a great place to both relax and have fun.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Marko R
Reviewed January 19, 2014

We stayed at Canaves Oia Hotel for four nights and our stay was very pleasant. The location was very good. The staff was warm and welcoming. Like everything else in Oia, this place too was immaculate white, on the outside as well as inside. We stayed in a suite overlooking the Aegean Sea and a part of Caldera. The room was very spacious, well maintained. Although I do feel the bathroom could have been a bit better (fresher) and roomy. Also the breakfast was very average. Owing to the latter two factors I do feel it is a bit overpriced but then you are looking at one of the 'small luxury hotels of the world.' Everything else was fine. Also it looks really pretty just as the sun goes down and their lights come up. Will I stay there again? May be not, Oia abounds in options.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 16, 2014

It was on the 22nd day of December 2013, so I decided to go for vacation and I went online in search for 5 star hotels and most of the websites I stumbled upon was talking something really good about the Canaves Oia hotel in Santorino, Greece, after seeing so much positive reviews about this hotel I was convinced beyond reasonable doubt that it was going to be a nice place to have a nice rest, though I still made some inquiries from my travel agent, on 23rd I got to the hotel behold the infrastructures was amazing, what I saw online was nothing compared to what I saw in real life, what I really liked most about this hotel is the outdoor camping complimented with the beautiful of the sea and the irresistible swimming pool, I could wait to rush for my camera, I took a lot of pictures I was going to show to my wife.

One thing I still remember about the visit to this place was how I almost forgot that I was having a business trip in few days, I almost got carried away by the fun, It was a reminder call from my colleague that got me thinking right.

I must confess I fell in love with the design and space of the room I lodged in, and most of all I got the best comfort of my life, I don’t seem to understand why I am writing this review maybe it’s because it was a unique experience and to also serve as a guideline to those looking for an excellent hotel for a perfect experience to keep memories alive.

I had access to these features:
• 1 king bed.
• Separate living room, hydro-jet shower or bathtub.
• Private veranda with caldera and sea view.
• Bottle of wine and fresh fruits in room upon arrival.
• American champagne breakfast for two each morning.

 Complimentary amenities.

o Wireless Internet access.
o Nightly self-parking.
o Access to swimming pool and library.

 The exquisite design of the hotel is awesome.
 The outdoor view complimented with the water body surrounding it, is a sure place to keep memories alive.
 The Rooms and the professional services rendered by their staffs are remarkable.
 And the best of all is that, with all these invaluable features, the price is still very moderate.

To cut the story short, it was an unforgettable experience and ever since I got back from that trip, my wife saw the pictures I took, ever since then she has been always reminding me about taking her there for us to catch some fun, but you know as a busy man I can’t leave my job just like that but I am going to fulfill my promise to her before the year runs out..
My regards goes to the mastermind behind this hotel keep up the good work, I hope to have a better experience when next I come with my lovely wife.

My rating is nothing but a 5 star.

Thanks
Michael Donald Green.

Room Tip: I love a quite place to think of important things so i made a choice of rooms on the south side, it...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 14, 2014

My husband and I stayed at Canaves Oia Hotel in a Junior Suite for a week in early September. It was one of the most beautiful places I've ever been and the service is incredible. I don't think I've ever been as relaxed as I was by the end of the week there. The rooms are very beautiful, just amazing!! The food delicious and the views are so breathtaking. Every staff member is so nice. Special thanks to Desi. I truly loved it there and would go back in a heartbeat.
Highly highly recommended!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Claire S
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Hello people , i just wanna say my experience at Canaves Oia in Santorini was just amazing.This hotel looks like a part of Heaven.Why i say this ? Because of the view you get from the balcony.Just outstanding , the water in the Sea is clear , and the management is great.Never had a problem in 7 days , and every employee of the hotel was nice and gentle to me without offering any kind of tip :) The serving at the restaurant was great , food is delicious and enough for everyone :) ..It s a great choice for a summer week even more .I m not married yet but that was like a little honeymoon :) . Will love to

Room Tip: Sea-view rooms are great !
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple