“Excellent Retreat”

Ranked #12 of 56 Hotels in Oia
New York City, New York
“Excellent Retreat”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

I stayed at the Canaves Oia Hotel from May 20 - May 26. I absolutely LOVED this hotel. I've stayed in many hotels and this was by far my best experience. From the exceptional views, the gorgeous room, to the PERFECT service and the wonderful staff, I didn't want to leave. I think the staff was actually on par with the views, everyone was super friendly, always had a smile and went out of their way to be accommodating. It was a great experience. I came alone for a mentally refreshing break and was able to read and get writing done. I knew I was in the right place with the champagne and fruit welcome. :-) I will definitely be back!

Room Tip: I was in room 30, I thought it was perfect. :-)
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank KMScarlett

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed May 27, 2012

Just back from a stay in the Canaves Hotel - absolutely gorgeous hotel. Very impressed with the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff and the attention to detail that they give. We stayed in a superior room in the hotel section and it was great, minimal decor with a huge bathroom with rainforest shower and a jacuzzi bath. We had breakfast in our room on our own private balcony overlooking the volcano and caldera. The hotel is only five minutes walk from Oia town centre. The hotel restuarant is very good and the staff are excellent. Breakfast is also very good. Would recommend to anyone heading on honeymoon or looking for a peaceful break. Will be going back in a few years when I can leave my kids again !

2 Thank DawnRow_12
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed May 27, 2012

We visited Santorini for our honeymoon and we were blown away by Canaves, both the hotel and the staff. The view is breathtaking and we were greeted by the most pleasant hotel staff, from top to bottom. We stayed in the modern Honeymoon Suite (room 19) with the in-room cave pool and it was immaculate. Thanassis was a pleasure to deal with in reservations and Marcus (GM) re-defines customer service. Marcus spent over a half hour with my wife and I touring the property and then inviting us for champagne by the pool. He is well-spoken and had extensive knowledge about everything to do on the island. We were treated with the utmost respect and the hospitality was second to none. The in-suite breakfast service was off the charts and we loved every second of stay. We will definitely come back. Thanks Canaves.

-Ryan & Kelly

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Ryan T
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed May 24, 2012

It was our first time in Greece, the hotel was clean, the employee were very friendly, the view was so terrific. I want to go back and take my kids. I think they would enjoy as much as i did.

1 Thank Evelyn T
Sunshine Coast Australia
Reviewed May 22, 2012

We stayed at Canaves for 6 nightsMay 2012, It is absolutely the most beautiful, amazing, stunning place! The manager and all the staff are so friendly and helpfull. My husband and i were upgraded to a junior suite as it was quiet, with 2 marble bathrooms,spa bath king bed and the best view to die for, Canaves certainly was a dream come true and if you want to visit the most romantic place in the world, this is it! Thankyou Canaves. Vicki and Roland Rasmussen Australia

2 Thank razzyvick
Aiea, Hawaii
Reviewed May 14, 2012

This was an outstanding escape to a beautiful and quiet holiday in a Greek island. The staff and service were exemplary, the meals were outstanding, and the view was priceless. One must be fit to stay at the Canaves Oia, as there are a lot of stairs with no handrails. But in surveying Oia this is the norm rather than the exception. The staff went to great lengths to meet our needs and were spot-on with their recommendations for activities to meet our interests. A great romantic get-away.

Room Tip: When reserving a room, if a climb up a narrow staircase to the bedroom would be a problem, make sure...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mark P
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed May 9, 2012

We stayed here as a treat for 2 nights and wish we could have stayed for longer! The whole time we were there we couldn't get over the incredible view. It was the best hotel we stayed in our entire Europe trip.
Firstly, the hotel is just beautiful. You could spend all day on your deck just admiring the view and your surroundings. Once you drag yourself away from the view & hotel, it is in a fantastic location. All of Oia is an easy walk from this hotel and it seemed to keep the sun longer than other hotels nearby.
We were welcomed warmly with a glass of bubbles on arrival which was a nice touch and throughout our stay the service was incredible. We had dinner one night by the pool and it was fantastic. The food and the atmosphere were perfect.
Our room was huge and the bed very comfortable however it would have been nice if the window in the bedroom had been larger so that we could have enjoyed the view from the bed
Overall though, this is a truly a beautiful place to stay and I would recommend this hotel to anyone. Luxury!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple