“A gallery full of luscious gifts!”
Review of Mnemossyne Gallery

Mnemossyne Gallery
Ranked #8 of 29 things to do in Oia
More attraction details
Owner description: Unique variety of fine art photography and jewelry, all astonishingly handmade by local artists. The gallery has a very harmonic atmosphere in an elegant cave house located only a few steps before the Castle and the famous sunset spot in Oia.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“A gallery full of luscious gifts!”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I loved everything from the unique pieces of jewerely to the interesting art pieces.. I purchased my first piece of art work, a gorgeous photograph titled 'Freedom'! Alexandra was such a delight to connect with, super friendly & down to earth.

Visited June 2013
4 Thank MelissaGhattas

• Greek first
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“So lovely”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

This little gallery is a little out of the way--I wouldn't have found it if not for TripAdvisor. It's about a 10-minute walk down the main road followed by a little turn toward the water. It's small, but there are signs clearly marking the way when you get close. Beautiful, high-quality pieces of a range of prices and styles are displayed on the classic cut-out cliff ledges of Santorini. The woman working there was incredibly sweet and helpful. When a friend of mine couldn't decide on a ring, she told us to only get something if we loved it and if we decided we loved it later, she'd be happy to ship it to us wherever we wanted. We also casually mentioned how thirsty we were and she brought us a bottle of cold water and cups.

I got a gorgeous bracelet with stones and silver for 20 euros, and I wear it every day. There are a number of much more expensive pieces, but truly there is something for every price range. Definitely worth the visit!

Visited August 2013
4 Thank Laine A
Saint Louis, Missouri
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“" Beautiful boutique"'”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Mnemosyne is the most beautiful and unique boutique you will find in Oia. Just off the main road lies this wonderful gallery/boutique. Warm, welcoming and fun to talk to, Andrea and Alessandra, will invite you into their shop. This artistic duo have been blessed with both amazing talents and endearing personalities. No high pressure techniques to be seen here!
Mnemosyne has unique, hand crafted artisan jewelry. They have gold, gold plate as well as sterling silver jewelry. Many with gorgeous stones or gems. Many of the pieces are from local artisans. This jewelry is of fine quality, yet the prices are quite reasonable and fair.
You will also find visually stunning photography available for purchase by Andrea, an internationally known photographer.
There are many items available at every price point. Interesting souvenirs made from wood or fabrics. Hand hammered metal wind chimes in a rainbow of colors. Hand painted decorative items. An area filled with trendy clothing, purses and unique tee shirts. You will enjoy your shopping experience here with Andrea and Alessandra! I will definately be going back to Mnemosyne on my next visit!

Visited June 2013
4 Thank OceanBlueDiane
Kingston, Ontario, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A hidden treasure”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Tucked away on a quiet street in Oia, this gallery was a surprising and delightful find. We came upon it by accident and, although I tried to restrain myself, I couldn't help purchasing one of the incredible photographs, as well as some lovely jewelry. The gallery owner was extremely kind and helpful, providing me with a biography of the artist and offering to keep me apprised of new work.

Filled with unique and beautiful art, Mnemossyne Artists House should not be missed by any visitor to Santorini.

Visited August 2013
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

2 Thank Gina H
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Wonderful Boutique”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Handmade jewelry designed by Greek artists. Delightful owners who take care and pride in their store and provided detail descriptions and care of their jewelry. They were extremely friendly and provided an excellent recommendation for a wonderful day of walking. After our walk, we went back and purchased a beautiful reasonably priced pair of earrings and also received an excellent recommendation for dinner.

P.S. I hope they read this and are enjoying their Fitbit!

Visited July 2013
5 Thank Duke1991
Shanbastos, Owner at Mnemossyne Gallery, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
Yes! We are here and reading! Every single review is very important for us and inspires us even more! A big thank you for taking time and leaving us such kind words! FitBit will be on it's way to the Mediterranean soon! ;))

Our Warm Regards,