“unique in this unique island!!”
Review of Mnemossyne Gallery

Mnemossyne Gallery
Ranked #8 of 29 things to do in Oia
More attraction details
Owner description: Unique variety of fine art photography and jewelry, all astonishingly handmade by local artists. The gallery has a very harmonic atmosphere in an elegant cave house located only a few steps before the Castle and the famous sunset spot in Oia.
Moscow, Russia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“unique in this unique island!!”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

This shop/gallery is really different from any other, everything is hand made with care. I got a photograph and it's just amazing! I totally recomend it. And the girls are unique!!

Visited August 2012
5 Thank nadia v
Shanbastos, Owner at Mnemossyne Gallery, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Thank you so much for your visit and we are very happy you enjoyed your fine art photography! We hope to see you soon and keep travelling !!! Our Kind Regards, Mnemossyne artists house.

• Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Omaha, Nebraska
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“A different kind of shop in Oia”
Reviewed September 13, 2012

In a touristy area where every shop has the same souvenirs, Mnemossyne Artists House is a refreshing change of pace. It's full of unique pieces of art made by local artists; the owner, Alexandra, is super friendly and nobody gives you the hard sell. I found a piece I really loved, but I wasn't sure I wanted to buy it. Even when I came back day after day to consider it, Alexandra never tried to convince me I should buy it.

I did decide to buy it. It was a fragile piece of clay sculpture and Alexandra packed it with the utmost care and even gave me a wooden box to put the bubble-wrapped treasure in when I packed my luggage. She asked me to send a picture of the sculpture in my home when I got back. It really seems like they care about the art and where it goes.

I saw great reviews here on Trip Advisor and looked for Mnemossyne. I suggest you do the same!

Visited September 2012
4 Thank MissNebraska
Shanbastos, Owner at Mnemossyne Gallery, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
We are so glad to hear back from you! Hope you did a safe trip back home. Thank you very much for your very kind reply. We appreciated it a lot!!!

So the statue arrived safe also? We are waiting for your picture, ok?!

It was very nice to meet you and chat with you. Hope to see you back soon!

Our warm Regards,
:))
Alexandra and Andrea
Mnemossyne artists house
Dietlikon, Zurich, Switzerland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“beautiful shop”
Reviewed August 2, 2012

It's a beautiful, artistic shop with many unique things, such as clothes, jewellery, pictures ect. Very friendly staff, things are reasonably priced.
Go and have a look!!!

Visited July 2012
4 Thank Bettina W
Shanbastos, Owner at Mnemossyne Gallery, responded to this review, August 3, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind and helpful comment. We appreciated a lot! Hope to see you back again!

Our warm regards,

Mnemossyne artists house
Voorhout, Holland
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Handcraft and photos”
Reviewed July 16, 2012

This time at the island, we've missed the Mnemossyne Gallery. But the photography work of the main artist is still to be found at the new Artists House. Next to her gorgeous pictures, you will find all kinds of handcraft from local artisans. Gorgeous silver and gold plated juwlery, typical lava stone juwlery, wood work, fine clothes and home decor. And if you've forgotten your bikini at home, this ladies have the prettiest brazilian ones. The yellow house may be difficult to recognize from above when coming back from the gorgeous sunset at the Castle, but it is worth going down the oneven stairs.

Visited July 2012
3 Thank ap_waaijenberg
Los Angeles, California
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 80 helpful votes
“Unique wares and friendly owners”
Reviewed June 20, 2012

Andreas and Alexandra of Mnemossyne were the most gracious shop owners we met on our 12 day journey on Santorini. Their shop contains incredible unique jewelry, photography, clothing and paintings. Unlike majority of the shops found in Santorini, their shop contained very classy items.

Visited June 2012