“A world of happiness”

Ranked #7 of 73 Specialty Lodging in Oia
Sentosa Island, Singapore
“A world of happiness”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 5 nights and it was paradise. Situated in the quieter part of Oia, it is serene and relaxing. Onar's 5 villas occupy the same space as more expensive resorts like 'Mystique' do, so it is indeed value for money.
We were very grateful for the kind and personal service from the staff and Tassos, who owns the villas. He was happy to give us many good recommendations for food and fun which was invaluable. And did not mind chatting with us about the island and life in general.
Our friends were jealous when they saw our beautifully laid-out breakfast next to the breathtaking caldera view... and with good reason.
Other recommendations:
-Vazeos car rental is pretty good service and product wise... but I didn't manage to get the 3-day rate when I changed my 1 day rental to a 3-day one... strange...
- Santorini Mui (spelling?) Taverna about 400m (est.) away from the resort is good fun with live traditional music. Good food, too. The fried zuchini is out of this world....
- Anemomilos restaurant across the road from Onar is affordable and decent.
-Don't be rascist and try to be considerate. An American tourist from Florida was talking wayyy too loudly about Chinese tourists. He said "hate to see them ruin this place" .... when he already did with his loud boasting and cheap jokes.... while my husband and I were trying to enjoy the sunset. what a total lack of self awareness!
-Drive if possible ... but be very careful! There are sooo many nice spots on the island, and the driving is an experience in itself.

4 Thank workawhorlic

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
UK
Reviewed October 25, 2013

Having read previous reviews for Onar Villas I was really looking forward to our stay and expecting something to bring me back to earth with a bump. However, everything lived up to and even exceeded expectations.

First of all, the affordability of this place should not make you think that it is in any way a cheap option. Onar Villas well and truly competes with other far more expensive establishments in Oia. In fact, it is situated in the middle of two other complexes at the Caldera opening in Oia which, when I checked, I was truly shocked at the price in comparison!

The single best aspect of this place is the owners and staff. They truly want you to have the best time and it appears genuinely important to them. Marian and Laura work so hard and I am sure we would have annoyed them at times but they were always happy to answer requests and there for general conversation too! My wife was 4 months pregnant and so needed a lot of patience and assistance and this was provided in bundles by the excellent staff. Also, I had asked for flowers and chocolates for my wife for an anniversary surprise on our arrival and the request was done to perfection and at very reasonable cost. There was even a bottle of wine there at no cost and water in the fridge on arrival. Perfect!

I did not meet Kiki, but Mr Tassos (the owner) was there the whole time and made sure everything was perfect. He offered recommendations on what to see and where to eat (he even recommended a local place - Roka - for us and when we were there he turned up for his own meal with a friend so the recommendation was genuine). I honestly can't thank them enough for all their attention. Tassos - you have some fantastic staff. Please appreciate them!!

The breakfast every day was at a time to suit you and Laura prepared everything very well. It is fairly basic but there is lots of it and enough to see you through until dinner (which saves you money on expensive lunches in Oia). As our Villa (Jasmine) had limited privacy on the terrace, we were invited to have breakfast in the communal area by the Jacuzzi and the setting and view were brilliant. By the way.... you should all try the Jacuzzi/Hottub which is fantastic even on an October evening!

This brings me to the location! WOW !!! I may not be well travelled but the view is the best I have ever taken in. To open the door of our lovely villa to the view of the Caldera from Onar Villas is something I will always cherish. Both day and night gave breathtaking views. Due to weather we missed sunset on 2 of our 3 nights, but the full moon over the Caldera more than made up for it and to watch the cruise ships leave each evening was superb.

Finally, WIFI was available at no cost and, apart from a very tech savvy family above us using multiple devices to suck the bandwidth, was reliable and fast which is excellent for sharing all your pics with family and friends while away!

I will gladly recommend this place to anyone I know looking for a romantic trip and indeed anyone who is looking to visit this beautiful island of Santorini.

Room Tip: All the villas look great and our villa (Jasmine) was excellent. However, if you want lots of priva...
1 Thank kuczer2
Melbourne
Reviewed October 13, 2013

The view from Onar Villas is breathtaking - even better than the photos on the website. My mother and I spent four nights in Lavender Villa and thoroughly enjoyed our stay.
Onar Villas are in a quiet location only about 10-15 minutes walk into Oia village proper. They are less costly and far less pretentious than nearby alternatives. We appreciated breakfasting on the terrace in shade each morning, rather than the blaring sun of the more easterly facing places.
The kitchenette was handy and the bathroom roomy and functional.
One minor gripe was the firmness of the bed in the second bedroom - a little too hard for us, but this is a matter of personal preference, of course, and we had come from soft pillow-topped beds in Athens, so it was quite a change!
Tassos is a warm yet unobtrusive host, and the staff were all friendly and helpful - especially the lovely Laura.
All in all, we would highly recommend Onar Villas.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 11, 2013

The ancient Greeks spoke often about the Gods and that is how we felt staying at Onar Villas with the view from our balcony.We were fortunate to be upgraded to a larger room,my wife felt she had died and gone to heaven.The rooms are pristine with top quality beds and linen and very well decorated.
The quality breakfast is served by the smiling staff Laura and Marian every morning at the time of your choice.The location near the top of the Caldera is an advantage as you only have a few steps to reach your Villa and the views are spectacular.The location is handy for restaurants,a local supermarket and the bus stop nearby.
The village is small and easily walkable in 20 mins from the start to the view point at the Castle ruins.Oia is a picture postcard destination.A photo opportunity at every turn.This is one of the best holidays we have had,thanks to Kiki and Tassos and their staff at Onar Villas.
If you come to Santorini you must come to Oia the views cannot be beaten and we will recommend Onar Villas to one and all
Kiki and tassos went out of their way to be helpful and ensure we had a relaxing and very enjoyable holiday.
Sas Efcharisto (THANK YOU)

Room Tip: Villa Olive is beautiful,but check out the owners website all the rooms are quality.
2 Thank Didney
Vancouver
Reviewed October 9, 2013

We spent 2 nights at Onar Villas in September and it was the highlight of our trip.The rooms are very well situated,tastefully decorated and clean.The bed was very comfortable and the mini fridge was very handy for keeping our wine chilled (for watching the sunsets)The breakfast served on the patio was delicious and the staff very pleasant and helpful. The spectacular view and the hosts Tassos and Kiki make this place really special.They go out of their way to make you feel welcome.I would recommend this villa to anyone who is looking for a unique experience where you are not just another paying customer.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Vadodara, Gujarat, India
Reviewed September 22, 2013

It Felt like home! The warmth, support and smile from the Owners and the staff made the stay even better. I personally find it a perfect location to stay in Oia. The owners are very helful and very friendly. They assist you with the right information. The Villas were very clean, service was simply amazing. Breakfast on the Patio just added smile to our stay. The Jacuzzi was a delight!

I want to thank the owners and the service staff once again for making our stay so special. Thank you for your love, warmth, assistance and all the support. You guys shall see us soon!!!!

Room Tip: They have 5 different villas, based on your needs. Even if it is a group of 3 or 5, it can very well...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank PRATEEKFB
uk
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Just returned after a week in one of the villas .The whole ambience of the property was fantastic with views across the bay which changed continually. Accommodation was of a very high standard and the owners and staff were very helpful. Breakfasts were freshly prepared and offering changed daily - brought to your own terrace.The traditional houses were perfect for our stay and a refreshing change. To be recommended

Room Tip: No bad rooms 1
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple