“A must-do experience” 5 of 5 stars

SAFOWI Santorini Food and Wine Tours
Ranked #2 of 2 Food & Drink in Oia
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: For the discerning traveler, NOT TO BE MISSED! We offer daily private and semi-private wine tours,cooking classes,island adventures and more... Never more than 6 persons, you are guaranteed a private tour feeling at a semi private price! You will visit vineyards and wineries as we travel the island and of course, drink some of the most distinctive wines Greece has to offer. Learn how the ancient, indigenous varieties are transformed into the world famous VinSanto, the crisp, bold fresh whites and the mellowed oak fermented whites. Discover the new and surprising reds, all paired with local, traditional dishes. We also offer customized food/island events.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“A must-do experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

If you are interested in good food and wine, don't miss this; A visit to 2 wineries with an informative explanation of the history of winemaking in Santorini and the uniqueness of the region, followed, not only by a sumptuous dinner in an excellent beachfront taverna, but the opportunity to help the chef prepare it, learning the little tricks to good greek salad, tomato keftethes and pork medalions in vinsanto. Of course it was washed down with the wonderful local assyrtico wines. Our host, Phenix, shared with us her passion for Santorini and its amazing food and wine. We were picked up and dropped off at our hotel and were lucky enough to share our experience with a beautiful mother and daughter from the US. Well worth doing, a great way to spend an afternoon in Santorini.

Visited July 2013
SAFOWI, Owner at SAFOWI Santorini Food and Wine Tours, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Thanks Nick, it was a fun afternoon.
Let me know if there are any hook-ups between the offspring.

Oia
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“Phoenix, the best !!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

TRUST Phoenix !!!! She knows how to make you experts in Santorini wine and food !!!
You will really enjoy a wonderful half day tour !!!!

Visited May 2013
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great trip for adults and nearly adult kid”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

We were lucky enough to go on Phenix's wine tour in late May 2013. It was a great side trip to see the island and get a very detailed tour of the beautiful wineries and the island. My husband and I and our two nearly adult children (17 and 20 years old) enjoyed learning about the farming practices and of course tasting the wines and appetizers. Phenix was a very skilled tour guide and certainly knows her stuff so you won't go wrong here.

Visited May 2013
SAFOWI, Owner at SAFOWI Santorini Food and Wine Tours, responded to this review, June 15, 2013
I thoroughly enjoyed the whole family and am very glad it was a hit with all of you. Thanks for the review!
Sterling, VA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great way to see Santorini - Wine AND Cooking”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

My wife and I were able to make a last minute reservation with Phoneix and I am glad that we did. We both like wine, and like to cook, so the idea of combining the two was interesting to us. We had a pretty much private tour of the city, and learned a tremendous amount about the history of wine making. We visited 2 wineries, did a lot of tastings and explored some of the vineyards to see how the grapes grow. We ended the day with a cooking lesson and learned about the local cuisine and customs, followed by dinner on the beach.

The whole trip - starting with picking us up at our hotel and dropping us back off- took about 5 hours, and was well worth the 260 Euro for 2 (130 per).

Phoenix was also a blast to be around - very fun, great story telling ability, and a lot of information about the island.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank jhsst18
I am so glad that it all worked out so we could spend the time together. Thanks for the review and I hope the rest of your stay was as enjoyable. Did you make it to La Ponta?
Princeton, New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“highlight of our trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

My wife and I did the "wine and cooking" (semi-private) tour with Phenix. It was awesome; the best thing we did on our trip to Santorini. Phenix really knows about wine, and she's a great teacher. After taking us to two wineries, Phenix took us to the Nykteri restaurant for a cooking lesson. (I've got to think that tasting six or seven different wines helped me enjoy the afternoon. I did enjoy it immensely.) Here we got to meet Vassilis, an incredible, native Santorinian, chef, and also a great teacher. After our cooking lesson, they sat us down for a delightful Greek dinner by the sea.

The history of winemaking on Santorini is deeply interesting. There are probably several guides who can lead you through it, but I'm glad that we went with SaFoWi.

Visited June 2013
SAFOWI, Owner at SAFOWI Santorini Food and Wine Tours, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Well I am glad you choose Safowi as well! It was a great afternoon and thank you for the review!