“Favorite thing I did in Santorini”

SAFOWI Santorini Food and Wine Tours
Ranked #3 of 3 Food & Drink in Oia
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: For the discerning traveler, NOT TO BE MISSED! We offer daily private and semi-private wine tours,cooking classes,island adventures and more... Never more than 6 persons, you are guaranteed a private tour feeling at a semi private price! You will visit vineyards and wineries as we travel the island and of course, drink some of the most distinctive wines Greece has to offer. Learn how the ancient, indigenous varieties are transformed into the world famous VinSanto, the crisp, bold fresh whites and the mellowed oak fermented whites. Discover the new and surprising reds, all paired with local, traditional dishes. We also offer customized food/island events.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I was traveling in Greece with my best friend - we spent time in Athens, Santorini and Mykonos. Our afternoon with Phenix was definitely one of my favorite things we did. She has a great knowledge & passion for the wine and the island. I am actually not much of a wine drinker (unlike my friend who loves it!) so I didn't expect much - really did this more for my friend and I was shocked at how much fun I had. It was just great - we learned a lot, laughed, tasted great wine. Just a wonderful way to spend the day. Worth every penny and even I left with a couple bottles of wine to take home. I think its a must for your trip to Santorini!

SAFOWI, Owner at SAFOWI Santorini Food and Wine Tours, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

Well Aubrey, I had a blast showing you around and introducing you to the wines here. I am so glad you enjoyed yourselves. Have fun with your wines back home and come see us again!

Reviewed May 4, 2013

Great trip with Phenix wine tasting around the island of Santorini. Not only did we learn about the history of the island but we also got to experience some of the unique wines of the island. The trip was well organised and educational. A great way to experience Santorini and its wines.

SAFOWI, Owner at SAFOWI Santorini Food and Wine Tours, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

It was my pleasure to show you around this amazing island. I'm glad you enjoyed yourselves. Only wish you could have taken more "goodies" home with you.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

My wife and I decided to do the SAFOWI wine tour and cooking class while in Santorini for our honeymoon and it exceeded our expectations. Phenix was a great guide with extensive knowledge about wine and history of wine making on the island. We visited multiple wineries and couldn't resist purchasing varieties of the local favorites, Assyrtiko and Vinsánto. The cooking class was excellent as well and the food we helped the chef make was even better. This is most certainly a Santornini must-do!

2  Thank JoelW434
Reviewed November 20, 2012

We pre-arranged a tour with Phenix for our visit to Santorini in early October 2012. We were able to work with Phenix on where and when to pick us up (we were sailing on the Wind Spirit cruise ship). Our tour was great! Phenix took us to three wineries that had excellent wine to taste from. These were places that create excellent wine, based on Phenix's extensive knowledge of the industry. In addition, they were off the beaten path and not packed with other tourists. Indeed, the wine tasted great and we learned a lot. She is extremely knowledgable and was able to tell us about the wine making history, process, and culture on Santorini. She speaks excellent english (used to live in the US). Between wineries we were able to see much of the island. Our tour lasted a little over 4 hours and she was able to drop us off in Oia to catch the sunset. It was a great tour and money well spent. Thanks Phenix!

1  Thank Larry F
Reviewed November 19, 2012

My boyfriend and I had a great time on this tour. It was fun, informative and an overall great experience. I would definitely suggest this tour with Phenix...if you like to have a great time!

1  Thank Abagail V