“Summer Soul...”
Review of Katharos Lounge

Katharos Lounge
Ranked #6 of 93 Restaurants in Oia
Cuisines: Contemporary, International, Healthy
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Scenic view, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Cash Only, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: We are off the beaten track and tucked away in a private location at Katharos Beach in Oia. We focus on light & healthy tapas style dining with spicy accents and international flavors. We offer a wide range of vegan, vegetarian, and gluten free options and are open to making modifications for your diet. Comfort, quality, freshness, and simplicity are paramount to our philosophy. We host morning meditation and art exhibitions as well as host live musical events and DJ parties spanning all musical genres. We want to further develop our cultural center so talk to us if you know how you can help us expand. Come join us and recharge your batteries at Katharos Lounge!
greece
“Summer Soul...”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

I just hate the sun... so whenever my wife drags me to a beach i always seek a place with shade and enough ouzo to get me through the midday heat.I could have not hoped for a better spot than Katharos Lounge... true greek summer atmosphere, light, relaxed and unpretentious

Great music, very decent salads and Crazy Donkey beer at the right temperature made this a memorable afternoon.I would only wish for a bit more moderate pricing regarding the alcohol as for heavy drinkers the bill adds up very fast. Food pricing was high-ish but reasonable.

Also a couple more comfortable sofa chairs would be nice for people like me who can stay put for hours.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
London
“Live music, beautiful sunset and lovely food in secluded ambience”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

The live music was a combination of The O.C. meets Ipanema, fantastic. It's not authentic "Greek taverna", instead it's definitely the sort of bar that wouldn't be out of place say on a Californian beach. Difficult to get to without your own transport (e.g. car/motorbike/quad) but that said if you have your own mode of transport, don't miss this place! Food and drink was not the cheapest but for the view and ambience I happily parted with my cash. That said, the food was delicious - tomato fritters and the fish main - plus our sangria went down swimmingly well. Would definitely return again, a really romantic evening!

Kiev, Ukraine
“A place with a soul”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

I could not believe that this place will turn out to be this special! It is on the way to Katharos beach and even if you are not a big fan of wild beaches (without sunbeds etc) Katharos Lounge is an absolute must. We had a great time during lunch on our way from the beach and enjoyed the atmosphere and the stunning view. You can see that the owners really put their soul into this place in terms of looks and service. The food was fantastic as well, we recommend giving a try to Katharos salad. In a nutshell - thumbs up!!))

BronteOh, Owner at Katharos Lounge, responded to this review, July 6, 2013
Thanks Alex for stopping by and joining us for the afternoon with your new wife! We really appreciated that you saw more than just a restaurant. It really makes me smile that you saw something special without knowing the history. Hope you enjoyed your time in Crete & hope to see you on an anniversary in the future!!
Anderson, South Carolina
“Perfect beach lunch.”
Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

As a suggestion from our hotel, we stopped for lunch and an afternoon at the beach. The lunch was excellent at a great price. The bartender was kind and conversational.

BronteOh, Owner at Katharos Lounge, responded to this review, July 6, 2013
Thank you guys for stopping by! I'm glad you enjoyed our place and that it provided just what you needed for the afternoon. Hope to see you again in the future!
Herts, UK
“Follow these 3 tips for a very alternative Oia dining experience”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

1.Come here. Heading out of Oia towards Katharos beach itself at an early left hairpin turn, go straight on down a dusty track and park under a magma cliff
2.Bring swimming shoes/footwear to enable you to get INTO the water
3.Swim first, then snack on simple food that is spot on taste-wise, different from the standard Santorini menu and pretty decent value.

A meal can often just be about time and place. So this was for us last Friday. We hired a jeep, toured most of the northern half of Santorini, and had just been driven out of Oia as the herds and crowds from the ships and elsewhere were hunting the place down.
Hazel had read of this cliff-side beach bar overlooking a fairly out of the way pebble beach.
We found it easy enough - look out for the sign - snap attached.
Struggled to enter the water on account of the stones and pebbles NEARLY being too much. I got in - she didnt - so see tip 2.
But the food - at that time, on that day - was just what we were looking for. We paid around 50 euros for drinks, food and very good coffee.
They also do dinner - but we selected from the smaller lunch menu. It was excellent.
As was the beer.
As was the cocktail.
Great looking salad - beautifully marinated grilled prawns - and a spicy pork dish that was right up my street. Eat on the terrace - or inside at stand-up tables in a very cool as in not warm hollowed out cave with minimalist musical memorabilia.
The owner is doing something different here - and I understand live music most evenings.
So when next on the island - I'll give Katharos Lounge another go. I bet its even better.

1 Thank MardleyMassif
BronteOh, Owner at Katharos Lounge, responded to this review, July 6, 2013
Thank you so much for your informative review. I'm sure it will help lots of travelers in the future! You summed up our place so eloquently & we really appreciate it. We try to do special things for our place & I'm thrilled that you noticed. The lounge means a lot for my husband and I & I hope to see you again in the future! Thanks for the photos too!