“Amazing place!”

Ranked #10 of 95 Restaurants in Oia
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Healthy, Grill
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: We are off the beaten track and tucked away in a private location at Katharos Beach in Oia. We focus on light & healthy tapas style dining with spicy accents and international flavors. We offer a wide range of vegan, vegetarian, and gluten free options and are open to making modifications for your diet. Comfort, quality, freshness, and simplicity are paramount to our philosophy. We host morning meditation and art exhibitions as well as host live musical events and DJ parties spanning all musical genres. We want to further develop our cultural center so talk to us if you know how you can help us expand. Come join us and recharge your batteries at Katharos Lounge!
Reviewed May 15, 2013

This lounge has it all. The atmosphere is amazing. Very laid back and chill. The staff is super friendly. The drinks are great. The food is amazing. Lastly, has the best secluded view of sunset with its own beach. Go here!

Reviewed May 15, 2013

The location is great; on the water and right above a great beach. The food and drinks were both great. We were there during the day and then again for dinner and the sunset. Yes, the telephone poles are right in the middle of the view from the resturant proper (walk 20 feet and you have an unobstructed view (for photos).

Over all the service, food, drinks and atmosphere was great. Even with the telephone poles I thought the view was amazing. Definatly worth the trip.

1  Thank sjschaef
Reviewed March 11, 2013

We saved this place for our second-to-last night on Santorini, after being there for two glorious weeks. At the time it was rated number 1, and since our cell phones weren't working there we just figured we'd head down early and maybe get lucky. They seated us at a small table close to the bar, but was directly facing the sun. I had been telling my husband how great the place was supposed to be, so he sucked it up and we waited for another table to open up, which only took about 20 minutes. After becoming addicted to frappes during the trip, I was surprised to see an actual iced latte on the menu, so ordered one of those. It took forever to get our drinks, and then the latte arrived hot, not iced. Not good when it's 100 degrees! Rather than be rude and point this out, I just asked for a glass of ice instead. I never got the ice. The hostess then came over and told us they would need to move us to yet another table, as they had a reservation arriving and needed our table in order to push a bunch of them together. In the process, they spilled most of my still-hot coffee, and didn't bother to replace it. I again asked for a glass of ice, which I finally received and was able to have my semi-iced latte.

The table they moved us to was right next to a table full of people whose favorite word was the F word. Now, we are not prudes, but after about the 100th time in 10 minutes it gets really annoying and old, especially when you have your 6 year-old son with you. Our food finally arrived, and while mine was delicious, my husband's pork was undercooked and he couldn't eat it. When they came over to ask about our meal, my husband told them the pork was undercooked and they didn't offer to remedy it. At that point the music had started, and the table that was supposed to be for the sunset reservation was still empty - so here we were way in the back with the big empty table between us and the rest of the customers, as if we were exiled. It was really uncomfortable. I finally got the attention of the waitress, and doing the math in my head handed her 100 Euros to put towards the check. We didn't even want to wait for the sunset, we just wanted to get out of there and go pick up a pizza at Pizza Edwin since our son didn't like his meal either. Turns out we didn't need to worry about missing the sunset, as they forgot about us and I had to find the waitress to remind her to bring us the change. Otherwise it would have been a 40 Euro tip for a terrible evening.

I'm happy to see now that we weren't the only people that had a bad experience. Back when it happened, no one else had, or at least written about it - so we were beginning to think we were the only ones, and it was a fluke. Or maybe it's because people were like us and afraid to post a bad review. But I wish someone had so we wouldn't have come here. I don't know if it's because we didn't have a reservation, and there didn't seem to be a language barrier as we know basic Greek and the waitress spoke English, but our experience here was so vastly different from others and we are not tacky tourists. Up to this point every single meal we had in Greece was fantastic, with equally fantastic service, and we were there for a month. By the time we left the big table was still empty, so those people never arrived. Seems they'd have been better off treating people who were actually there better than the ones who didn't even show up.

Oh, and forget getting a decent shot of the sunset. The other reviewer is correct, the telephone poles are smack in the middle of it.

1  Thank RedheadedGardenLady
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Amazing location for a restaurant in a canyon by the beach. Tomato fritters were a massive highlight. If I ever get back to Santorini, will definitely hit this place up again.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

This place is a hidden treasure! We found this little restaurant sitting on the edge of a cliff overlooking the Aegean far away from the crowds of Oia or Thira... It is pristine white with comfortable chairs and couches. It is owned by a lovely couple the wife is the chef and the husband the bartender. We had shared our plates and ate an amazing pork chop not like any I have had in the states! IT HAD FLAVOR :) And salads with greens, peaches, and a lovely dressing, we also had an avocado guacamole which is very unusual in Greece and it was fantastic!
The views were so romantic I was wishing I was there to enjoy that part of it with but alas I was traveling with friends. Then there was local live music to be enjoyed, jazz and not too loud to have a conversation.
We met the owners who bought us a glass of the locally made Raki and they sat down when things were wrapping up and enjoyed a glass with us! What an incredible experience that I will never forget. I will tell everyone I hear is going to Santorini to visit this little gem!