“Great View, Great Food, Excellent Staff.”

Sunsets Cafe-restaurant
Ranked #33 of 96 Restaurants in Oia
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 29, 2014

My wife and I went to see the Sunset. The position is perfect, and we got a completely unobstructed view of the sunset - however we went early to make sure we had a table in a good position. Not all tables can see the sunset.

The food was excellent. We ordered the Pork and Seafood Spaghetti - both were rich with flavour, especially the pasta.

The waiter, Sotiri, was excellent. Very friendly, always did his best to ensure everything was perfect.

A couple of things to note though
- Sunset time is premium so all restaurants with a view only accept customers for dinner - no drinks/cocktails only. This is somewhat expected though.
- A ridiculous crowd forms on the walkway just in front of the restaurant to watch the sunset. It is amazing how obnoxious some people are, many barging their way into the restaurant and going upstairs to get a better view. Unbelievable! However, the staff do their best to try to keep them out although they are very busy.

1  Thank Omar H
There are newer reviews for Sunsets Cafe-restaurant

Reviewed June 28, 2014

Stumbled upon this café and we lucked out for a table, since it was not a cruise ship night. The chicken was amazing, the sauce was a bit spicy and tangy which we loved. The sunset salad was perfect, lettuce with fresh tomatoes. Get there by 7:30 as sunset happens about 8:30 pm in June. Photo heaven for the perfect Santorini sunset. Service was great.

Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

Dining alone I was taken great care of by Sotoris & his staff. I enjoyed a perfect meal- tender osso bucco, fried cheese & Greek salad. This staff went out of their way to make sure I had a perfect experience- taking my picture, ensuring I had a great view of the sunset & delivering excellent cuisine. Please dine here for a wonderful once in a lifetime memory. Oh and Sotoris brought me a delicious dessert to top it all off- it was like family!

3  Thank atlbh_concierge
Reviewed June 27, 2014

Wonderful night sharing a huge fish between our family. Not cheap but you are in santorini so enjoy it!

2  Thank Karingoaway
Reviewed June 26, 2014

My husband just happened to find this restaurant about two hours prior to sunset and we were the first to be seated. You need to see a server because many of the tables have been reserved and we saw some people turned away after seating themselves because they sat at one of those tables. Because we were early, we were given the third table on the edge which was one of the best in the place. The restaurant is located at one of the highest points on the end of the island and gives you a perfect view of the sunset. We ordered drinks and an appetizer and placed an order for our entrees before the restaurant had filled. By the time sunset approached, we were enjoying our dessert. The food was very good. We ordered the baked cheese appetizer and seafood spaghetti, chicken and pork dishes which were all fresh and well-prepared. The spaghetti had a great taste, but don't get that dish unless you enjoy mussels and calamari. It had shrimp also, just not as much. My husband and daughter, with my help, cleaned the pork and chicken plates! Fotini was our server and was lovely. She did an excellent job and tried to get what we needed as quickly as possible. It is a large place with only a few servers, so please be patient. Everyone comes at the same time and I can't imagine how demanding that is but they do a good job. Try to order as much as you need when you first arrive because that helps. I can't imagine a better place to enjoy the sunset. The prices were somewhat high compared to the rest of the island, but comparable to the nicer restaurants with sunset views. It was an unforgettable experience!

2  Thank Rhondia L