“Excellent Food & Great Service!”

Strogili Restaurant
Ranked #35 of 94 Restaurants in Oia
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 26, 2012

My husband and I dined here on our last night in Oia and so glad we did a perfect end to a perfect trip. We tried the saganaki, chicken fillet, burger made with a combination of lamb and beef served with rice, slices of baked potato and vegetable selection, chocolate souffle as our first choice walnut cake was not available however glad it wasnt the souffle was amazing order one between 2 the server recommended this and he was right there is no way we could have eaten one each. Great choice of wines both red and white, attentive service however do not keep bothering you so gives you privacy. We sat for a long time after we had eaten just watching the sunset and taking in the surrorundings no rush at all. There are 2 levels to dine lower terrace which is nice and it is out of the wind which can be somewhat fierce late evening but this terrace still has scenic views, then there is roof top dining which is where to be if you are there to watch the sunset. I would recommend ladies taking a shawl/cardigan men wear long sleeves or take a jacket given the breeze on the roof. We would definetley return here when back in Oia.

Reviewed May 17, 2012 via mobile

We just returned from eating at this restaurant and it was so wonderful it prompted me to write this review right away. Great service, fabulous food and the sunset was so spectacular the servers were even taking pictures with their smartphones. We plan on returning tomorrow for dinner and maybe the day after that too!

Reviewed September 3, 2011

I've been to this restaurant very recently (August 2011). We chose the restaurant because of the roof-top. When we got into the restaurant we went on the roof-top, waited a waiter for ten minutes and no one showed up. I went downstairs and the waiter told me that the upper floor was not open for another ten minutes. So, he told us that we have to go down, wait and then he can move us. Like those ten minutes were decisive. However, we did that, but he did not offered to move us although there were free tables and he was inviting people to go upstairs. Considering we wanted the view of the famous Oia sunset and did not want to sit downstairs we only ordered one salad and one main dish (for me and my girlfriend) and couple of drinks, had them and asked for the bill. When the waiter came with the bill I asked to pay with a credit card and he said OK. However, when he came back he took my credit card but said that the restaurant does not take credit card for such a small amount. Well, if the restaurant had better service, the bill would have been bigger and there would have been a tip for the waiter. The food and the location were good anyhow.

Reviewed July 7, 2011

Went there 2 days in a row, had seafood, steak, pork chop and all other great Greek entries. Local wines are great! Food is delicious and Apollo our waiter is your best friend in minutes. Manager knows his desserts. Yummy! Goody and best fit Good Friends dinning together. Ask for the Sun.

Reviewed June 28, 2011

A friend and I ventured in to Strogili after an awful dinner at a nearby restaurant the night before. Because of the amazing view from the rooftop, we weren't expecting much. I'm happy to report that we were both pleasantly surprized! The local wine selection was great and resonably priced. We had the grape leaves and fava to start. Both were delicious and again, reasonably priced. I had the pork with figs and plums... It was the best dish I ate during our 6-day stay in Santorini/Athens. My friend had the lamb. It was also delicious and the presentation was beautiful and creative. The wait staff are incredibly accomodating and also very cute. ;)

Handsome & attentive waiters, good food and an amazing view of the sunset... Doesn't get much better than Strogili!