“Do yourself a favour!”

Ranked #61 of 94 Restaurants in Oia
Cuisines: International
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: This is a restaurant overlooking the Santorini caldera. It is listed in the latest edition of Fodor's "Greek Islands."
Reviewed September 21, 2012 via mobile

This great little restaurant is gem. Food is imaginative with some terrific twists on Greek classics. While the menu is short, the produce is top notch!

Reviewed September 20, 2012

Although the food was good the portion amount and the cost were not comparable. The view was beautiful and the restaurant was not crowded and the service was good.

Reviewed September 15, 2012

Me and my wife went there by indication of the hotel we were staying (Atrina traditional houses) and we couldnt be more pleased.

We arrived after sunset, but we still enjoyed the night view of the caldera and the night lights of the island.

After the hostess took us to our table we were given a very special kind of appetizer. I really dont know exactly what it was, but it looked like greek salad in a jelly form inside a glass. It was very different from anything i had tasted and it was one nice surprise to start with. It was delicious.

We then ordered a Santorini wine (im no expert, but to me it was fine) and had the dorado fish. After the dorado we ordered the Cod fish, and both were excellent. Specially the cod fish. It was amazing.

The service was very nice too. Friendly and smiling waitress.

We had some more wine and the night ended great. I recommend this restaurant very much. It is not as famous/fancy as the 1800 but the taste of the food is just as good from my point of view.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

We stumbled upon this restaurant. Best decision ever.
We got there about 7 and it was very quiet. The view is stunning even though it doesn't capture the sunset... Which didn't matter.
The service was outstanding. The most attentive and professional wait staff we have encountered in the 8 days we have been here. My girlfriend ordered the watermelon soup and I had the angus steak. The steak was absolutely to die for.
The prices are a little more expensive however definitely worth it. The menu is not that vast however there is still a good selection.
The first time I have posted a review on this site as we really felt it was necessary!!!!

1  Thank Kate S
Reviewed August 12, 2012

My girlfiend and I happened on Red Bicycle by happy accident. The food was gourmet and the setting beautiful (to be clear: the view is beautiful but it doesn't capture the sunset; paradoxically then, the restaurant is empty at the most popular dining hour in Oia, so it's easy to get a table at that time).

I had a delicious watermelon soup with grapes and pureed feta. To die! Followed by the lamb, served in two ways, each wonderful. My girlfriend had the cod, which was delicate and delicious. We topped things off with a creamy chocolate tart with raspberry sauce and whipped cream. Fantastic!

The service was welcoming and efficient. The decor and design are truly lovely. My girlfriend commended the women's bathroom to me, and the door was open when I went to the men's and indeed it is exquisite.

This restaurant is a nice change of pace in Oia, where we stayed for seven nights.

1  Thank James F