“One of the world's greatest views in a family feel setting (complete with cats!)”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Lotza

Lotza
Ranked #30 of 91 Restaurants in Oia
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Scenic view, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013 via mobile

My girlfriend and I came here off season looking for a place to rest our feet with a glass of wine (read a jug of wine) after a busy day's travel around the island. Drawn in by the smell of the kitchen, we bore witness to this extraordinary view.

Now this review needs two caveats: (a) we did not order any food - but some came anyway, and (b) this is off season where there are not many people around.

The house wine is €6 for 500ml at the time of this review. We sat drank in both the view and the wine with a substantial (and free) antipasti of olives, tomatoes, fava purée (I think) and a taramasalata with lots of bread. All very delicious and if we did not have to get back to Firostefani we would not have left because THE SMELL FROM THE KITCHEN was fantastic. Honestly just a lovely homely kitchen smell eminating around an open, "al fesco" dining room.

There were also two fat cats sleeping on chairs who clearly benefit from the regular supply - given the number of restaurants in Oia, you should take this as a second endorsement.

The restaurant is charming with potted plants, a green theme and good spacing between tables. They welcome people just for a drink or three courses plus.

We would definitely come back. Having looked through the menu, the prices are very reasonable and for Santorini (especially Oia) this is a welcomed departure from the norm.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Ra'anana, Israel
“Friendly restaurant with a wonderful terrace”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

I really enjoyed Lotza. It was one of the very very few restaurants there were open in Oia in February and I'm grateful they were. I ate there a few times during my visit. Enjoyed some of the dishes a lot, I strongly recommend the pork with fava beans and the milk pie with almonds. Also the marinated cod for an appetizer. The only dish I didn't enjoy was the pumpkin pie appetizer which tasted a little overcooked.

The waitress is lovely, great service. The food tastes great, the views from the terrace are some of the best in the village and they take care of some local cats and a dog which I personally really enjoyed seeing.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank lalyil
Mississauga, Canada
“Fantastic food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

Fantastic food and very friendly service. Can't say that I had Mousakka in a lot of places, but the mousakka here was definitely the best I ever had. I went back to this place the next just to have the mousakka again. Their fried seafood in goat cheese sauce is another great dish. If you don't hate cinnamon, try the warm spicy wine, I just loved it. When we went it was chilly, maybe that's why I loved the warm wine a lot.

• Visited February 2013
Oia, Greece
“fantastic view!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

I have visited this beatiful restaurant twice.The first time I was with my husband and the second
with all my family.Very good food and the most excited, was the amazing view!!!!

• Visited July 2012
Athens, Greece
“The best sunset view in Oia, Santorini”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2013

An amazing, breath taking view of Oia town and the sea below - It feels as if you hanging in the air overlooking the sea and the sun slowly diving in the deep blue sea water of Oia.You can enjoy a glass of local wine, ouzo, greek mezedes or just sip your espresso - all at reasonable prices. The owner, Vassilis, is quite a character and enjoyes speaking with his clients. A definately worth visiting place when in Oia town.

• Visited June 2012