“The best fish tavern ever”
Review of Taverna Katina

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Located in Ammoudi Port in Oia on island of Santorini
Thessaloniki, Greece
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The best fish tavern ever”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Katina is the best best fish tavern on the island. The fish is always fresh and the service excellent!

Visited September 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Kolkata, India
“Worth the steps...”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

After watching the sunset, my husband and I decided to walk the 290 something steps to Katina. While it was quite dark and desolate in early October there was lights on the side. We finally reached down and since the tide was high sat a few feet away from the edge. Good decision as the water would have wet us and our food completely. In fact more than once the water came under our table-which I thoroughly enjoyed!We ordered Fried cheese(6 euros)- I found it too salty, octopus-which was around 14euros and Fried tomato balls(this was the tastiest at 7euros). they offered ouzo on the house to my husband and I loved meeting Katina! Also they charge for water, so if u haven't had it, please point it out. After all that food, we climbed up!:)

• Visited October 2013
Adelaide, AUSTRALIA
“Good, but not great”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

We dined here on the recommendation of several others. We ordered the "house special" of lobster spaghetti to share between two. It was very expensive, but quite nice. Staff were not overly attentive or friendly, maybe even a little arrogant. Supposedly the best place to see the sunset, but personally we saw better in Imerovigli. It was goof, but not great.

• Visited September 2013
California
“So so food”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

The prawns I ordered were delicious but the grilled octopus dish my husband ordered was tough enough where he didn't finish it. The table beside us commented the same on their octopus too. The waiters push you to order the fish which is really pricey. Coming from the SF Bay Area, I can have that fish for a quarter of the price (but without the views of Oia, of course). I've had better meals in Oia for half of what they charge. I think they noticed our disappointment because they didn't charge us for the baklava and espresso.

• Visited September 2013
Galway, Ireland
“Local, and delicious, but pricey.”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

We stayed right next door to this taverna for our holiday. It sits right on the water and has a great view across the sea to Thirassia. You can watch the many small boats and catamarans come and go from the dock 100 meters away. Service was friendly and prompt but the prices are a little high and I had a very slight sense that we were seen as wallets, not customers. Very slight. The food was extremely fresh (you could watch the chef prep the fish, dockside, each morning before they opened) and delicious. I would return for the quality of the food and the fact it was clearly a local, family owned operation. The price reflects that fact that you're down on the water and there's limited competition in the area. You'll get a view of the sun setting from your table, but not to the horizon. The aubergine dip ("melitzano salata") is gorgeous and highly recommended.

• Visited August 2013