“Brilliant, would recommend to all!”
Review of Soulis Apartments

Soulis Apartments
Ranked #7 of 34 Oia B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Me and my girlfriend stayed her in July 2012 and loved it! the hotel is situated about 5-10mins from Oia which is perfect as it places it on the beach side of the island. George and his family were excellent hosts always going above and beyond, nice little cafe at the hotel meant you could spend the day relaxing by the pool embracing the Greek sun! would recommend to all

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank HarryDavies

Reviewed September 30, 2012

Tonight is my last of 10 nights that I have been at Soulis and I am sad to have to leave tomorrow. Soulis is very quiet and relaxing yet close enough to Oia and Fira to sightsee, shop eat etc.. George and/or Petros take guests into Oia at 11:00 am, 6 pm and picks them up at 9 pm. for free everyday. If you wish to be more mobile then you will need to rent a scooter ($15-18/day), a quadbike ($25-28/day) or a car as Oia is about 5 miles from Soulis Apartments.There really is not much around Soulis which is why I choose to stay here, except Koulumpus Beach which is right across the street and down a nice path about 5 minutes walk.. The pool is very nice and is surrounded by lounge chairs and umbrellas. There is a snack bar where you can get bottled water, beer, ice cream or have a nice breakfast or lunch while watching a big screen tv.. The apartments,like others have said, are large with kitchnettes, minifridge and A/C that gets cold very quickly. The price for what you get really can't be beat here on Santorini. I would gladly stay here again and would recommend Soulis to friends and family.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Jack R
Reviewed September 12, 2012

I highly recommend Soulis Apartment to anyone visiting the island of Santorini. It is a very relaxing place and it is just right across Koloumbos Beach. The room that I was given to was immaculate. It has its own kitchen and the bedroom is huge. It has a balcony with bougainvilla flowers cascading over it. I would open the window every morning and enjoy the fresh, crisp Santorini air. =)

The biggest selling point to me was the pick-up/drop-off at the airport. I was a solo traveler and did not know anyone in Santorini so the free shuttle that they provided was truly a gem. A welcome drink awaits you as soon as you step out from the van. George, the owner, is very helpful and accommodating. His assistant, Petros, is a joy to have around. He will recommend places to eat and activities to do. The cleaner, always has the sweetest smile on her face. She doesn't speak English but she would acknowledge you every time she sees you.

Wi-fi is free. It is also a huge relief to know that transportation to Oia is 3 times a day (11 a.m., 7 p.m. and 10 p.m.). I did not rent any car or ATV so I took advantage of the free trips to Oia. A cab from Soulis Apartment to Oia is approximately 8 euros.

You will not be disappointed. Such an awesome place.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank DCgirl30
Reviewed August 24, 2012

We spent six days at soulis, with our two children 12 and 14. We had a nice apartment on the ground floor near the pool. The pool is a good size and I especially like the large grass umberellas so you had plenty of shade when it got hot. We liked that we could have food or a drink at any time the place was full when we stayed and so we missed out on the car rental and had to go into Oia and rent. Soulis is a few miles outside of Oia but the price more that makes up for it and there is a car that goes in a few times a day. I knew this before I went and also that most places in Oia with a pool were above my budget so by picking Soulis I got the location that I wanted the price I paid was the distance from the town. The most delightful part of it for me was Toulla, who is Georges wife, a real lady who just wants everyone to be happy and relaxed and without being pushy she gently pulls you into her company. The two of them just sit outside in the evening chatting with people but in a gentle way I bring away great memories from Soulis. My kids loved the pool and there is a place for darts and air hockey. It was also great to get the place cleaned every day

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 25, 2012

My three adult children and I recently spent 4 nights at the apartments and I have to say thoroughly enjoyed it. The apartments are clean, tidy and spacious enough for 2 people (we had 2 apartments).

The pool area is great and the music played in the public areas was none intrusive and appealed to us all. The bar area/snack bar is also a pleasurable place to sit, relax and enjoy a drink.

But the real bonus of staying here was the hospitality from George, the owner/manager and Petros, who also works there. They operate a shuttle service to and from Oia three times a day, and even picked us up when we needed it - each journey saved us 15 Euros a throw.

And on the last day we were able to keep both apartments until we left for the ferry at 7pm, free of charge - something the larger hotels should take note of.

The only down side to the apartments was the location - a little too far out of Oia, but this was off-set by the free shuttle service. The air con in our apartment was also quite noisy and didn't quite cool the bedroom down sufficiently, but other than that everything was excellent.

A fabulous stay and a place I would recommend to friends and family alike.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank spoonsm
Reviewed June 29, 2012

George and Petras were absolutely amazing! We stayed 26-28 May so it wasn't quite tourist season yet which we loved. Petras picked us up from the ferry port (which they don't usually do), took us to Fira one day and took us into Oia whenever we wanted (perks of going in low season). It is just a bit out of Oia but I enjoyed the peace and quiet. Bus transportation is easy around the island so a car is not mandatory (unless you need complete independence and flexibility). The breakfast was sufficient but I enjoy more fruit and color. There is a great restaurant just down the street (walkable) that George recommended and it was fantastic! We ate there twice. Katharos Cafe was great for the sunset. Again, off the beaten path, just down the hill from Oia but the food was awesome. The strawberry salad was the best things I've eaten in ages! The day trip to the volcano, hot springs and other island (forgot the name) was worth the 30 euro.

The room was nice, big, had a mini fridge and kitchenette. Nice view of the pool and ocean. The bathroom was a bit strange for me. Water got everywhere but I suppose it did the job. The bed was a bit firm for my taste. Fresh towels and room serviced daily. Great value for the money. We stayed for 3 nights which was perfect. George and Petras made our stay!! Thank you!

Definitely recommend staying here if you want value for your dollar (or euro or whatever), awesome hospitality and are okay with heaps of room and not paying out the wazoo for the view on the other side of the island. Great hidden gem!

Room Tip: We stayed in 111 (I think...something with an 11 in it) and it had a great outside patio for breakfa...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Stacy M
Reviewed April 7, 2012

Soulis apartments is located an hour drive from Santorini Airport. It was a long drive, but no complains as airport pickup was provided and the driver (and tourguide, waiter, bellboy, receptionist, jack-of-all-trade) Petros was very friendly and helpful. Moreover, sight seeing along Aegean sea was a wonderful experience. We arrive to what seems to me newly renovated orange stone house, which was off the usual whitewash and blue theme in Oia. We were greeted by the owner George who was also nice and friendly. The apartment have bedroom, kitchen, pots, plates and pans, balcony, bathroom, everything that you need for 3-night stay or month-long stay in Santorini. You could also rent a car from the hotel at an affordable price. From the room balcony, you can see the secluded Kouloumbus beach which is 10-15 minute walk into the 'wilderness' from the hotel. In the hotel, there was a decent size swimming pool, but was not able to try as Santorini have Black, White and Red beaches, why would one spend time on pool??!??

Eat all you can bread, cereal, muesli, coffee and tea is available for breakfast.

• Stayed: June 2011
1  Thank zepolartim
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oia
Anemomilos Hotel Apartments
Antonia Hotel Santorini
Laokasti Villas
Laokasti Villas
#31 of 56 in Oia

Been to Soulis Apartments? Share your experiences!