“Just OK.”

Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 13, 2011

Went to Kandouni based on TA reviews and was disappointed. While it was an enjoyable evening because of the company, the food was simply average ( some of it utterly forgettable) and the service lackluster. I enjoyed the Kandouni salad, but the entree of fresh fish, though well prepared, was no better than the fish tavernas. Pastas were dismally tasteless, one of them actually with sweetened sauce. Wine recommended by the waiter was pretty good (for local) but turned out to be 65 euro. We didn't stay for dessert- decided another visit to the patisserie would be smarter. Wouldn't go again.

2  Thank washington_wahine

Reviewed August 13, 2011

My girlfriend and I were looking for a really nice place to eat dinner in Oia and we stumbled upon Kandouni which turned out to be unbelievable. Firstly, the atmosphere and scenery are so magical! Candles light the walls and every table in the cozy little restaurant which give it a magical atmosphere. The place is beautifully decorated with colorful flowers that add taste and character to your dining experience. Although it does not have a sea view, the atmosphere more than makes up for it. Panayiotis, the restaurant owner, has one of the best and friendliest personalities in town, which will add many positive points to your meal because he is eager to help you pick out the perfect dish of your liking. Another plus point is that he is fluent in 4 languages, which include English, Greek French & Italian. The service is a bit slow but it turned out to be perfect timing between meals to let us digest and truly enjoy our meal. We ordered the grilled Haloumi & the grilled calamari for our appetizers along with the Santorini salad. All three dishes were cooked perfectly and had extraordinary taste. If you are a fan of grilled Haloumi cheese I HIGHLY recommend you try theirs! For our main dishes, we had the grilled pork fillet with plums & nectarines as well as the grilled beef steak cooked medium rare. Both dishes were astounding and cooked perfectly! Their house wine is also really good and tasteful. A dinner for two with three appetizers and a bottle of wine came out to cost us 100 euros with tip not included. Can't beat that! Especially in the town of Oia, which is known for having pricier restaurants. Both my girlfriend and I HIGHLY recommend Kandouni for a romantic and unforgettable dining experience on the island. We LOVED it and can't wait to eat there again!

Reviewed August 13, 2011

My husband and I visited Kandouni two nights ago based on the positive Tripadvisor reviews; we were not disappointed. Kandouni is hidden away in an old converted house, which has been lovingly decorated by Pannis the owner.

I had the butter risotto and my husband had filet steak. Both were something else and by far the best meal we had had in Santorini and generally in a long time.

From the moment you step inside you are made feel very welcome and at the end of the night we chatted away with the owner about good food, wine, and Santorini for some time!

Definitely worth a few visits!

Reviewed August 11, 2011

We went to Kandouni for dinner at around 11pm. This was one of our favorite restaurants of the entire trip. The pork was amazing. The owner Panos was very nice.

Reviewed August 9, 2011

Kandouni was sure hard to find but was well worth the adventure. I knew I would like the place as soon as we found it. The owner is Greek and was born in Canada and spoke 4 languages fluently which was quite impressive. You could tell immediately how passionate he was about his restaurant. He took the time to interact with each table on top of helping out in the kitchen. The other waiter was very charming as well. Onto the food! My wife and I shared the ouzo and pesto calamari which was delicious. My wife had the Santorini salad and I had the best lamb I've ever had in my life. We have travelled all over the world and I think I would have that as my last meal if I had the choice. It was so flavorful and just fell off the bone. We ended our meal with the walnut pie and banana ice cream which was the best desert we've had in 3 weeks of traveling through Europe. This was a fantastic dining experience at a reasonable price and not to be missed on Santorini.

Joel