“Fantastic Service”

Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Food was delicious and recommended Santorini wine was lovely. View was great. The restaurant is a 'sister restaurant' to Skala which we also ate at and enjoyed very much. Both restaturants are highly recommended.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

You would expect to pay a premium for a meal at a table with stunning views, not in this case it was excellent service top quality food and at a price that makes you want to go back, cant reccomend it highly enough

Reviewed July 3, 2013

Pleasant location, good service but most importantly excellent food: well-cooked and well-presented. The only problem was choosing what to eat - it all looked great! Would certainly recommend eating here.

1  Thank AlyGNorthWales
Reviewed June 30, 2013

I went here with 4 friends and we were all blown away by the food and friendly waitstaff. The feta and honey app was fantastic and I had the asparagus risotto which was to die for. We seriously debated about going back again during our short stay it was that good.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

This is sadly a very mixed review…. A long awaited anniversary was the reason for choosing this gorgeous looking place, and we had asked for a romantic table for two outside with a view. It was a very very windy and cold evening and we arrived at the restaurant a little early. We were greeted by a very friendly man and a rather unfriendly woman. They kindly wound all of the wind barriers around the balcony for us, and we sat down at our table with a view.

I asked the woman if we could have a wine to start with since we were early and just felt like sitting and sipping for a moment to savour our special night, and were told rather condescendingly that that would only come after we had ordered. We took that on board and rolled with it.

Unfortunately the May wind was bitter and I was freezing and my dress was blowing up so I asked the woman if we could move inside. This was met with eye-rolling acceptance from the woman, and I did feel a little bad as they had put the wind barriers up for us, but it was just too cold and I really didn’t think it was that much of an imposition given that every single other table was free.

Once inside, where there were about 4 tables and the kitchen, it was much warmer and it was very nicely decorated. Unfortunately it was also dead silent and rather awkward inside, and we felt we had to whisper to each other to have a private conversation. I understand we were dining early however some music might have been nice?

The food, I can’t fault, it really was delicious and a lot of thought has clearly gone into the menu. I had the salmon pasta and I would recommend it to anyone, and compliments to the chef.

The piece de resistance of rudeness came after my partner and I had exchanged what we thought was some friendly conversation with the woman about wines and wineries in Santorini. I then caught the woman, who must have assumed I was not looking at her, despite her being in my line of vision while I was facing my partner, boldly miming someone guzzling a bottle of imaginary wine and talking in Greek to the kitchen staff and mocking and laughing at us. Like we were drunkards, despite ordering one glass of wine each?

I would have guessed she was talking about wineries perhaps, and given her the benefit of the doubt, but the embarrassed look that came over her flushed face when she caught my eye said it all, she was definitely having a laugh at our expense. I’m still not sure at what? I’m happy to take an explanation but no one deserves to be made to feel like that.

Anyway it meant that we quickly finished our mains, and my partner asked for the bill, to which was met with her raised eyebrows and a snort/huff that we were leaving before drinking any more or having dessert.

After what had happened I am not sure how she could expect us to stay any longer?

As we were leaving we saw the man who had originally greeted us (possibly the owner?) wave from another store nearby – he was truly lovely and friendly and gracious. I believe there is only one big letdown in that restaurant.

We were polite through the whole experience, but would never ever go back to be treated like this, no matter how good the food is.