“A Dining Experience”

Sydney, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Dining Experience”
Reviewed June 27, 2011

I was pleased that I was able to get a booking at this restaurant during my stay in Santorini.
The service was excellent in every way,except upon been greeted the girl tried to push me into a table outside the front of the restaurant even when I told her that I had a table confirmed upstairs on the rooftop. Another person took over and corrected this.
I had the Octopus,the Lamb and was enjoying the restaurant so much that I has desert and a wonderful large Greek coffee.
Highly recomended.

• Visited June 2011
1 Thank wally010

• Greek first
  • Turkish first
Juan-les-Pins, France
“Disappointed”
Reviewed June 17, 2011

This place got a good write-up in the European guide book we were using, but quite frankly we were disappointed. The rooftop dining area is pleasant but there are nicer ones in the village and the food in my view did not match up to the high prices being asked. When compared with the Ambrosia for example, Ambrosia won hands down. Service too was a bit brusque and while not unfriendly there was little warmth in the welcome. We also asked as an apéro for two glasses of champagne. The young man who served us suggested a half bottle instead which he assured us was the equivalents of a glass and a half each and better value. This turned out not to be the case – we just squeezed two small glasses out of it and we ended up feeling a bit had to be honest, especially when we saw the price on the final bill! Between that at the acceptable but hardly outstanding food, I won't go back for the prices they want.

• Visited May 2011
1 Thank iirlane
Cornwall, United Kingdom
“Worst Restaurant experience in Oia”
Reviewed June 12, 2011

Expensive, pretentious, dreaful food, and poor staff attitude.
There are lots of good restaurant experiences in Oia - this is not one!
2 people with bottle of wine cost 226 euros.
Not many places move me to say rip-off, but this is one!
What the "Greek salad" ( normally a simple and delicious dish) actually was is anyone's guess.
DO NOT GO HERE - you will be ripped off!

Visited June 2011
5 Thank Brighton69
Lisbon, Portugal
“I missed the greek spirit”
Reviewed May 31, 2011

This restaurant is quite good. But if you´re looking for something typical don´t go there. It was very strange to hear all the time the waiter calling me "madame" (in french).

• Visited September 2010
Beirut, Lebanon
“The best cuisine in santorini”
Reviewed November 18, 2010

1800 is a very nice restaurant, large choice of wines, and great Greek and international food.
It's the only choice of fine cuisine in santorini that I would recommend to be visited when you land on that island.
The terrace is cozy and calm, low lighting, red ambiance, and greek music mood.
When you eT there, you don't expect to have such a wonderful result, but believe me, it's worth trying.