After having such a lovely time in Fira, we headed for Oia for a couple of nights and couldn't have chosen much better than the lovely Angel Cave houses.
As we were visiting during a quiet time of year, we were given a suite well beyond the one we had ordered, with a lovely secluded shaded balcony and even a Clavinova piano which we luckily only discovered on the day we left.
Athanasia (Soula) looked after us so dearly, even coming back early from town on the day we left so she could personally see us off to the airport. Nothing was an inconvenience, the breakfast was just right and brought to our room, and she had left a carafe of home made wine for us on our arrival. Soula's family live on site, and the place maintains a family feel, though her family are perhaps a little more shy.
We didn't use the hot tub on the balcony, but the bedroom was very comfy and spacious and the two rooms and bathroom were kept very tidy throughout our stay.
The small houses are fairly easy to get to from the main road, at the start of the main bit of Oia, round the back of one of the main churches, though are still quite hidden away on the south facing side of Oia. The suites were tastefully furnished, and notably clean.
If you are at all wondering over whether to visit in Winter, I would thoroughly recommend it. We had warm weather with really bright sunshine and cloudless skies on three of our five days. Oia is wonderfully peaceful, restaurants and hotels are delighted to welcome people, and though quite a bit of building work is going on for the summer, it is not noisy. It has a very different feel to Fira, and earns its reputation as a very beautiful place indeed, with amazing views of the bay and caldera.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Angel Cave Houses hotel in Santorini is a personal matter so we are expecting you from January to December to feel right from the beginning of your stay the warmth of a family environment in one of our apartments, studios, suites and honeymoon suites. We are eager to welcome you with complimentary Santorini wine and fresh fruit upon your arrival and we will be glad to offer you our afternoon traditional treat of homemade sweets. If you prefer to experience the excitement of the Santorini upbeat atmosphere and spend endless hours basking in the Aegean sun, opt for July and August for your Santorini holiday. Spend incomparably relaxing moments, enjoy a cool climate without extremes and get acquainted with Oia and the rest of Santorini at your own pace during Easter time, early summer months as well as September, which constitute ideal periods for an Oia Santorini vacation. On the other hand, if you are looking for a secluded castaway haven to loosen up your body and mind, while gazing at the breathtaking Caldera view, opt for an autumn or winter trip at the amazing Angel Cave Houses hotel. Whenever you decide to take your trip to Oia Santorini, the Angel Cave Houses hotel, always committed to its every guest, will pamper you offering high quality facilities and supreme services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Angel Cave Houses reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Angel Cave Houses Hotel Oia
- Angel Cave Houses Santorini/Oia, Greece