“Fantastic Fantastic Fantastic”

Angel Cave Houses
Ranked #28 of 73 Specialty Lodging in Oia
“Fantastic Fantastic Fantastic”
Reviewed November 8, 2013

I have been to Angel Cave Houses in September 2012 with my girlfriend and it was fantastic. It is similar to a Bed & Breakfast but it is perfect. I have never felt so peaceful as I felt in Angel Cave Houses. I had total privacy without bothering staff that you usually get in a fancy hotel. The distance for the main spots in OIA is short and you just need to go over 20 steps to the main road, which is a GREAT advantage in OIA. Best hotels in town are far below and demands athletic skills to climb up to the main road. The view is absolutely perfect, the sunset is the best in the world, specially having a beer/wine in the private jacuzzi. The quietness of the place is so amazing, you can't hear anything but birds and the sea, I will definitely go back !!! Room is of excellent size, bathroom too, we were in the Junior Suite. There is a living room with 8 seats table which I did not use. The staff was discrete and helped us with the suitcases.

Room Tip: Junior Suite is the best by far, the one on the second floor on the right.
1 Thank Henrique C

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
Reviewed November 3, 2013

We stayed at the Angel Cave Houses in the middle of August, during a week that the entire island had a power outage. I understand that this is incredibly stressful for a hotel with guests, however I dont think that is an excuse for the owners and staff to be incredibly rude. When we arrived we were told of the situation. We were very understanding and low maintenance about it, but still felt like the staff saw us as a bother or an annoyance. None of the staff we encountered were friendly or even smiled. I totally understand that the situation with the power couldnt be helped by them, but the way they approached us as guests definitely could have.

I will say that the location is beautiful, the views are amazing, and the room was big and clean. However based on the customer service alone, I would not return.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Brasilia, DF
Reviewed October 15, 2013

the view, the view and the view. The Cave Angel Hotel is located in a cliff with a panoramic view of the caldera.The room is very big and the decoration has a bit of art deco. Wake up every morning , open the door and see the deep blue ocean was a lifetime experience. It is a family host hotel, so the staff are very kind and helpful. The relationship between price and what do you get is excellent if you consider that other hotels in the same place are much more expensive.

Room Tip: Anyone with the view, try the honeymoon suite.
1 Thank Ulysses F
Toronto Canada
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Wow... the views are incredible. We could have easily stayed on the balcony and gazed out at the view all day. ALL the rooms offer spectacular views! The family who runs this place is very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was amazing, hot, fresh and different every day. The rooms are very clean and quiet. We already know Santorini is a beautiful island but to be able to live in a cave house with an amazing view like this is something everyone should experience. Thank you for making our stay so comfortable and enjoyable.
The only negative (if it's a negative) thing is that the hotel is a bit difficult to locate. There are no signs on the main street pointing to the hotel. Our taxi driver called ahead of time to inform them that we are arriving but because the driver failed to mention what the taxi number was, our hotel host was unable to find us. She usually goes to the meet the guests in person but in our case, we had to locate the hotel on our own. Otherwise, everything is perfect.

Room Tip: All rooms have great views!
1 Thank Chandlerx
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 30, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights, and wished we had booked for the whole week, the view was perfect, the house was well maintained and spotlessly clean, huge bathroom great kitchen and amazing views from every window and door. At the beginning of the resort in Oia but it was the best place to be. The owner was fantastic, full of information, arranged our transfers to and from. Breakfast brought to your room each day was fab, and slightly different each day.i can't recommend this place enough.it is not the easiest place to get to if you are not too mobile but no where in this resort is easy but if you want this view you do the rock climb.the owner met us and had our luggage carried down and back up when we departed. We did not book a room with a jacuzzi but would recommend you do . We will when we return

Room Tip: Book one with a jacuzzi you need some where for a dip on a hot day
1 Thank Nicky B
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Reviewed September 16, 2013

In all seriousness, stop searching and just book your stay here - you will not regret it. It's hard to know where to start, what with the stunning views, the cozy cave villas, the delicious breakfasts, etc. However, I'm sure there are other places in Santorini that have those perks, too.

What they don't have is the Angel Caves staff.

It turns out, so far as they know, we were the first to get engaged at the hotel, and Athanasia and her team absolutely bent over backwards to make sure everything was completely perfect and just the way I envisioned it in my head. It took a ton of secretive communication and extra effort on their part, and they went so far as to decorate our balcony beautifully with rose petals and candles for my surprise proposal during the sunset to my now-fiance. In addition, they even doubled as photographers, looming nearby while I popped the question (and as you'll see, the photos turned out great). Angel Cave will always be part of our story now.

Honestly, you could not ask for a more caring, hospitable and detail-oriented staff, and I cannot stress enough how wonderful this little gem is in Oia. Outside of the proposal evening, the hotel and all its amenities were flawless, it is in a great location, and the views are truly spectacular. I looked long and hard for the right place for our stay and our big night, and I am so glad I found exactly the right place.

2 Thank DukeDeac88
Linz
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We had booked two nights in the hotel for our anniversary and it was living up to our expectations. We had the Honeymoon Suite and really enjoyed it. It's the last one in the row of rooms (mind you, it's not a "hotel" like a house with many rooms but traditional cave housing) so no people passing while you enjoy your breakfast or the outdoor jacuzzi and it had the best shades which was important for us (you still get a lot of sun). We only stay on Santorini to travel on to smaller islands and this is a perfect place to hide from the maddening crowds. Our rate did not include breakfast so I can't say anything about it. The kitchen was fully equipped so if we had felt like it, cooking our own meals wouldn't have been a problem either. The only thing which keeps me from rating 5 stars is the bathroom. The indoor jacuzzi was very small, I'm kind of petite so I could use it but the noise it made was horrible, no way could I relax in it; for my hubby it was more of a bubble foot bath ;-) It was kind of hard to take a shower in it without flooding the whole room because the tub was so smallish. The shower was dripping, too and the toilet flush was dripping all the time unless you gave it a slap in the right place. We got a real good rate for early booking but I guess for someone who pays the full price this could be a reason for a bigger complaint...The amazing view, superior decoration of the room and the lovely outdoor jacuzzi made up for it though. And the homemade wine is a reason to return!

Room Tip: Honeymoon Suite seems to have the most private terrace and best shades.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple