“An option to have the best view of Santorini”
Review of Angel Cave Houses

Angel Cave Houses
Ranked #31 of 74 Specialty Lodging in Oia
Reviewed October 15, 2013

the view, the view and the view. The Cave Angel Hotel is located in a cliff with a panoramic view of the caldera.The room is very big and the decoration has a bit of art deco. Wake up every morning , open the door and see the deep blue ocean was a lifetime experience. It is a family host hotel, so the staff are very kind and helpful. The relationship between price and what do you get is excellent if you consider that other hotels in the same place are much more expensive.

Room Tip: Anyone with the view, try the honeymoon suite.
1  Thank Ulysses F
There are newer reviews for Angel Cave Houses

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Wow... the views are incredible. We could have easily stayed on the balcony and gazed out at the view all day. ALL the rooms offer spectacular views! The family who runs this place is very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was amazing, hot, fresh and different every day. The rooms are very clean and quiet. We already know Santorini is a beautiful island but to be able to live in a cave house with an amazing view like this is something everyone should experience. Thank you for making our stay so comfortable and enjoyable.
The only negative (if it's a negative) thing is that the hotel is a bit difficult to locate. There are no signs on the main street pointing to the hotel. Our taxi driver called ahead of time to inform them that we are arriving but because the driver failed to mention what the taxi number was, our hotel host was unable to find us. She usually goes to the meet the guests in person but in our case, we had to locate the hotel on our own. Otherwise, everything is perfect.

Room Tip: All rooms have great views!
1  Thank Chandlerx
Reviewed September 30, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights, and wished we had booked for the whole week, the view was perfect, the house was well maintained and spotlessly clean, huge bathroom great kitchen and amazing views from every window and door. At the beginning of the resort in Oia but it was the best place to be. The owner was fantastic, full of information, arranged our transfers to and from. Breakfast brought to your room each day was fab, and slightly different each day.i can't recommend this place enough.it is not the easiest place to get to if you are not too mobile but no where in this resort is easy but if you want this view you do the rock climb.the owner met us and had our luggage carried down and back up when we departed. We did not book a room with a jacuzzi but would recommend you do . We will when we return

Room Tip: Book one with a jacuzzi you need some where for a dip on a hot day
1  Thank Nicky B
Reviewed September 16, 2013

In all seriousness, stop searching and just book your stay here - you will not regret it. It's hard to know where to start, what with the stunning views, the cozy cave villas, the delicious breakfasts, etc. However, I'm sure there are other places in Santorini that have those perks, too.

What they don't have is the Angel Caves staff.

It turns out, so far as they know, we were the first to get engaged at the hotel, and Athanasia and her team absolutely bent over backwards to make sure everything was completely perfect and just the way I envisioned it in my head. It took a ton of secretive communication and extra effort on their part, and they went so far as to decorate our balcony beautifully with rose petals and candles for my surprise proposal during the sunset to my now-fiance. In addition, they even doubled as photographers, looming nearby while I popped the question (and as you'll see, the photos turned out great). Angel Cave will always be part of our story now.

Honestly, you could not ask for a more caring, hospitable and detail-oriented staff, and I cannot stress enough how wonderful this little gem is in Oia. Outside of the proposal evening, the hotel and all its amenities were flawless, it is in a great location, and the views are truly spectacular. I looked long and hard for the right place for our stay and our big night, and I am so glad I found exactly the right place.

2  Thank DukeDeac88
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We had booked two nights in the hotel for our anniversary and it was living up to our expectations. We had the Honeymoon Suite and really enjoyed it. It's the last one in the row of rooms (mind you, it's not a "hotel" like a house with many rooms but traditional cave housing) so no people passing while you enjoy your breakfast or the outdoor jacuzzi and it had the best shades which was important for us (you still get a lot of sun). We only stay on Santorini to travel on to smaller islands and this is a perfect place to hide from the maddening crowds. Our rate did not include breakfast so I can't say anything about it. The kitchen was fully equipped so if we had felt like it, cooking our own meals wouldn't have been a problem either. The only thing which keeps me from rating 5 stars is the bathroom. The indoor jacuzzi was very small, I'm kind of petite so I could use it but the noise it made was horrible, no way could I relax in it; for my hubby it was more of a bubble foot bath ;-) It was kind of hard to take a shower in it without flooding the whole room because the tub was so smallish. The shower was dripping, too and the toilet flush was dripping all the time unless you gave it a slap in the right place. We got a real good rate for early booking but I guess for someone who pays the full price this could be a reason for a bigger complaint...The amazing view, superior decoration of the room and the lovely outdoor jacuzzi made up for it though. And the homemade wine is a reason to return!

Room Tip: Honeymoon Suite seems to have the most private terrace and best shades.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Reise M
Reviewed August 30, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at Angel Cave Houses. It was a last minute booking and we chose fairly quickly. It was one of the best decisions we've ever made. Santorini itself is gorgeous, particularly Oia. We stayed in the Superior Apartment and the view from our windows and patio were stunning. We loved eating our breakfast (that was served to us) on the patio - it was actually difficult to leave! The room was beautifully appointed, spacious, with everything that we needed. The service was outstanding as well. The location is perfect - the shops/restaurants of Oia are right at the top of the steps and the bus stop is there as well to take you to Fira and the beaches. I would return in a heartbeat. Santorini is one of the most beautiful and romantic places that I have ever been and Angel Cave Houses was the perfect place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kristin S
Reviewed August 30, 2013

It was my frist coming to Santorini and I'm really happy I've chosen this hotel! :) Everything was organized on a high level and even the electricity absenсe didn't spoil my experience. The pictures here and on booking.com match the real atmosphere, the view from my terrace was unforgettable both during the day and at night and it was really pleasant to have breakfast there. The hostess was so friendly and always helpful and we also had a good time one evening talking and waiting till they gave us electricity :D (if you read this post - best regards from your first guest from cold BELARUS!!!). The hotel location is also comfortable because it's situated in the beginning of the pedastrian street and a bus stop if you would like to go to Thira or anywhere else. So highly recommend this hotel! Its price matches emotions one will feel there :)

Room Tip: To my mind junior suit must be even beter than more expensive rooms
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo