My husband and I had a wonderful stay at Marizan.
1) Great room: We were very excited that Yannis upgraded us to the Honeymoon Cave at no additional charge - it was so beautiful. Very spacious and nice. You are also allowed to hang out at the swank pool of the hotel next door, which is a great amenity.
2) Great service: We were pleased that Yannis let us check in very early, which he didn't have to do, since we arrived at 9 am. Also, Yannis drove us a few places that we needed to go, which was totally above & beyond the call of duty - and even offered to pick us up from dinner one night. All for no charge.
3) Great location: Marizan is in a lovely area just off the "main drag" of restaurants and shops, which I really liked. It takes only a few minutes to walk to town, and the sunset views are more beautiful where Marizan is than closer to downtown.
4) Great value: Just for something to do, we ended up looking up the prices for some cave hotels that were close to ours, to compare what we were paying to what they were charging. I was shocked to see that many nearby cave hotels, which looked no nicer than ours, were charging 400 or 600 euros/night. From looking at those hotels' websites, I honestly cannot see how they are any better than Marizan.
A few small nits to note, for full disclosure:
-The taxi that was supposed to bring us from the airport to Marizan did not show up. This may have had something to do with the fact that our flight arrived at 6:45 am, and apparently no one on the island wakes up before 9:00 at the earliest. Interestingly enough, the random cab driver we found at the airport had Yannis' phone number in his cell phone, and knew exactly where Marizan was, so it's not like you'll be out of luck if you take a random taxi.
-WiFi does not work quite as well on the level of the Honeymoon Cave, which is four stories below the entry thru rock. For those who bring a computer, this crisis is easily averted by going up a level or two and camping out closer to Yannis' quarters.
You should definitely stay here - you will not be disappointed.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Marizan Caves & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marizan Caves & Villas Hotel Oia
- Marizan Caves And Villas
- Marizan Caves & Villas Santorini/Oia, Greece