“Have just found paradise!”

Marizan Caves & Villas
Ranked #2 of 74 Specialty Lodging in Oia
London, United Kingdom
“Have just found paradise!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2012

My mate booked it. No idea where we were staying but when I looked it up was No 1 in Oia Santorini to stay. Now I have been there I know why. Firstly Yianni and his charming wife greeted us and settled us in. There was a 500mph explanation of paths/restaurants/places to go on the island, would have needed a couple of weeks or a very frenetic person to do. The accommodation was fine, 2 girls, 2 large beds, some hanging space and safe. Breakfast was Greek yoghourt and muesli, fruit, ham, cheese, juice, the yummiest brown bread- really chewy and lots of seeds, had about a small loaf a day, fresh coffee to brew up, tea etc.
The view is awe inspiring, take your breath away stunningly beautiful. I got up 6/7am, opened the doors so my mate had the most beautiful vista when she woke up- the blue sky, the blue Aegean sea, the cliff dropping away, the sun coming up..... And at sunset, it was around 8pm at the beginning of May,champagne and nibbles came out and we would sit and just gaze at the sun heading in to the Aegean. Different every night, and dozens of tourists standing on the paths above us or the castle behind us, but we were centre front, just living in the beautiful fabulous moment . Never blase, never missied one evening, just so priviledged to be there for that moment. When I had a 24 hour bug Yianni and his wife bought blankets, a thermometer, pills, offered to call a doctor, were just lovely. We are planning our return, for the third time to Oia!!

Room Tip: Looks like they are all fabulous. Only about 7 rooms/suites/villa- all caves
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
Sweden
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2012

My husband and I enjoy 3-days happy vacation in Santorini. Marizan Caves & Villas give us very good feeling just like at home, people here are very nice and give us a lot of help. The location is extremely good for sunset and scene view. We choose romantic room, which is very good and continent for couples with kitchen and refrige and plenty of foods for breakfast.

Room Tip: romantic room is very good for couples
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Peachland, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2011

Stop reading reviews and book this place! Upon our arrival Yannis, the owner, met us with his helper to carry our luggage. He brought us to our room and had a map of Santorini to explain the various places that we should visit on the island and in Oia. We stayed in Cave #5. It has a kitchen area, large dining table and day bed, with the bedroom at the back. It really looks like what you would think a Greek cave should. The patio is amazing to enjoy breakfast, champagne and wine and has the most amazing view to enjoy the sunsets. Others on the island cram the public areas in Oia to witness the evening sunset while we had our own private balcony right outside our room. The breakfast consisting of cheese, meats and fruits is left in the fridge in the room with fresh bread delivered every morning. Marizan does not have its own pool, but complementary access to the pool next door which is 2 seconds away and is a nice place to eat. Yannis will go out of his way to make your stay perfect and he certainly did for us. We had to leave on our last day at 5am and Yannis was there with his helper to carry our luggage and make sure that we got on the bus and that everything was perfect. We highly recommend this place and if we go back to Santorini this is where we will stay.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank StandingOnTheBridge
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2011

This is boutique accommodation at its best. The spectacular views from the Marizan Caves and Villas is only bettered by it's briliant hosts Yannis and Martina. Upon arrival we were warmly greeted by Yannis who gave us a tour of the faultless accommodation as well as some local tips, including pointing us in the direction of a real 'hidden gem' for dinner. The accommodation itself is spacious and impeccably clean and there are lovely balconies where you can take in the views. It is like a home away from home, with little touches like a basket of baked goodies in the morning, a well stocked kitchen, and a welcome drink of the local wine only adding to the experience. Unfortunately my trip was cut short for personal reasons - and this is when I found out that these hosts would literally do anything to look after their guests. They spent the entire morning speaking with local airlines to source me flights home to Australia, they sorted out my transport to the airport and they were with me, taking care of my every need until I was on my way.

I don't usually go back to places I've already visited but I will definitely be taking more friends back here with me as this place is too good to keep to myself - and I know we will be in great hands with Yannis and Martina.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank ACP P
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2011

This is an unbelievable place! Everything was great and the swimming pool is really next to the hotel. We shall return!

• Stayed August 2011
1 Thank Zibro
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2011

This was our third stop in the Greek Islands, and definitely the BEST in terms of hospitality and accommodation. Both Yannis, his wife and Martina were the best host making us feel so welcome and even invited us up to his rooftop to view the spectacular sunset with uninterrupted views (who needs to crowd at the viewing point?!). Unfortunately there was a family emergency on the 2nd day and Martina was on the phone until everything was sorted out. She even checked up on me daily to ensure that later as a solo traveller, I was still comfortable and enjoying my trip.

I cannot recommend this place enough, and hope to return again in the near future.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank ajin0m0T0
canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2011

Our trip was in OCT. We stayed in the cave house which had an amazing large balcony and spectacular views. Our room was very large, clean and comfortable with room to lounge,special touches to make it warm and welcoming, the beds were good,the bathroom large,with a nice shower A cute little well stocked kitchen. Complete with cereal fresh bread,cheese and fruit everyday. (this is very good value because breakfast in oia is extortional,..and it's so nice to have something at home to eat.) Giannis made us feel at home, he treated everyone like they were special. He drove us to a winery one day because he wasn't busy, and showed us how grapes grow in Santorini.He was always there to offer suggestions. He has a big heart and just seems to love people. He really made our stay wonderful. Oia is as beautiful as the brochures show,Marizan Caves are as nice as the pictures, but.... it's the personal service, warmth and friendship that preserve our special memories.
If ever in Greece we'll go back to Giannis's.

Room Tip: all the rooms have balconies with good views, the cave house has a very large private balcony
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple