“Recommended by locals”

Ranked #12 of 95 Restaurants in Oia
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed March 10, 2014 via mobile

We met a lovely young girl who recommended we try here for great food and tucked away romantic dinner..I had the best Mushroom Risotto I have tried anywhere. Lovely wine and great service. I love Oia.. So much so that I will be back. How could I not?

Reviewed December 1, 2013

We went twice to this restaurant, following our hotel owners recommendation. It had a great mix of locals and tourists and the food was absolutely delicious!
The first time we went for lunch and were told they weren't serving yet, and weren't sure when the kitchen would be ready! We opted to wait on the terrace and we SO glad we did! Phenomenal fava, pasta, Mediterranean salad.... it was all very good. Reservations for evenings in the summer recommended, its becoming a well deserving favourite of many.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

We went to dinner 2 days before this restaurant was due to close for the season. We had risotto w mushrooms - very fad, meatballs - tasty and octopus overcooked in sweet wine, flavour too strong, the sauce had reduced too much in my sense. Just rice to go with it and halva for dessert. Woke up in the middle of the night with strong stomach pains, something was definitely not fresh. Very average food, not impressed.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

We were recommended this restaurant by our hotel (Onar Villas) as a place that is reasonable and where the locals eat in Winter. We were very encouraged to see the owner of our hotel chose to dine here himself on the night we went, as it proved the recommendation was genuine. There were a number of other locals eating here too throughout the evening.

We found the atmosphere to be welcoming and the food to be very good. I would highly recommend the Spetzofai as a hearty Greek starter! We were never rushed (as stated in other reviews) and service was excellent if you were willing to have a little patience and just enjoy the atmosphere. It helps to attempt some Greek language I think too as the staff seemed to appreciate my poor Greek! :-)

It may be quite difficult to find (follow the signs on the walls from the main square) but Roka offers a good atmosphere for a romantic meal at a price that is so reasonable in comparison to many other eateries in Oia. Portions are generous and as an example, I got a very generous full glass of Ouzo for €2.50 when the previous night I had been charged €3.00 for a can (!) of Coke at a restaurant overlooking the Caldera!! Also, we ordered a comparable meal for two from Roka that cost just over €56.00. The same meal was nearly €100.00 at the Caldera facing restaurant and it was not as good quality or portions either!

It was very busy when we visited and although we dropped lucky with an available table for 2, some arriving a little later than us were turned away so I would recommend a reservation if you plan to eat here.

Highly recommended!

Reviewed October 24, 2013

We were wondering around in early afternoon in the alley ways off the main track. We had no idea there was a restaurant nearby but were led to it by our noses from about 50m away. The chef was obviously preparing a stock or sauce for the evening and the aroma was simply delicious! That was all we needed by way of a recommendation and decided that this was our place to eat that night. We were not disappointed when we came later. Our meals were both superb! The breads with a spicy feta cheese and sweet peppers were finger licking good. For mains I had the pork loin in mushroom sauce and my husband had the mushroom risotto, both dishes are highly recommended being succulent and tasty. Petty we only found it on our last night as this place beats some of the more pricey places along the main walk ways.

Best way to find it is to walk along the main path to the Byzantine Museum then walk through the arch under the museum and turn right into the roadway that takes you to the bus stop. You will find it in about 2 to 3 min of walking passing the Karma Restaurant. Then left down a little alley.