“Dream Blue was perfect!”
Review of Myblue

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Oia
Myblue
Ranked #12 of 73 Specialty Lodging in Oia
Texas
“Dream Blue was perfect!”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Our family of four recently stayed at Dream Blue - a beautiful cave house on Santorini. We were spoiled by Louanna, Albert and Diana - from the moment they picked us up at the airport until the end. Dream Blue was perfect for a family - enough beds for 6, a kitchenette, indoor dining table as well as an outdoor table, and two bathrooms. The view was amazing - we ate breakfast out on the private balcony overlooking the caldera, and we also enjoyed the relaxation of the hot tub just outside our door.

Several very good restaurants were nearby, and when we asked about seeing the sunset (an legendary activity on the island), Louanna made reservations for us at the perfect table in the perfect restaurant. The kitchenette also came fully stocked with fresh eggs, sliced bread, butter, jam, fruit, a bottle of wine and huge water bottles. Bottled water is important on Santorini as they do not drink the tap water.

And have I told you about the view? Yes, I guess I did - but it was exceptional - the most peaceful place even with all the tourists dumped on shore by the cruise ships, we never knew they were there. The sky and the water were so blue. You could see the glistening lights of Fira along the shoreline at night, and a breeze cooled the evening air.

Diana did a load of laundry for us each day - such a help when you are trying to extend your wardrobe for a couple of weeks, and we were free to enjoy our activities on the island - if you like ancient history, don't miss Akrotiri.

If you have mobility issues, you might prefer to book the other cave house (Island Blue) at MyBlue - as there are several steps to get up and down to Dream Blue, but even at my ripe old age of 55, I made it up and down several times each day. Still, Island Blue looked beautiful as well. I would highly recommend MyBlue to anyone coming to Santorini.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Its a beautiful villa with your own private view. Service was excellent with Louanna taking care of everything from maps, pick ups, breakfast necessities, cleanliness of villa and privacy. I would recommend to anyone who is coming to Santorini to stay at My Blue.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed May 13, 2013

We recently had a dream come true by staying at myblue Island Cave house.April second week 2013.We experienced hospitality beyond our wildest dreams from Louanna,she was the perfect hostess and went far beyond what anyone would expect from stocking our fridge with food on our arrival, picking us up from airport, maps of Oie,restuarant suggestions,picking us up when we had walked to far and got lost,having transport available for anywhere we wanted to go,on call 24/7. I also asked her to help me plan a wedding at the cave house which she did to the very last detail, working with the local authorities,flowers,hair,champagne,also being my bridesmaid and a translater at the ceremony much to her surprise, I cannot put into words how grateful and impressed we were with our wedding and stay at myblue The time of year we stayed was perfect also before it got too busy. The view and the house were absolutely magical we have the most beautiful postcard wedding photos.I found myblue on trip advisor and carefully followed the feedback trusting someone you have never met with your wedding is very hard but not with Louanna she responded to my many irritating emails always and nothing was ever to much to ask for, I asked and she gave with all her heart and from the moment we arrived to the moment we left she was always there for our every wish. I cannot recommend myblue and Louanna highly enough Perfection in every way, please email me if you would like anymore info with regard to staying there or planning a wedding there, I just am so lost for words as to my experience at this magical place. cassandraheinemann@hotmail.com

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Eastern Ontario
Reviewed October 1, 2012

My wife & I stayed in Louanna’s “Dream Blue” cave house September 8th – 16th and thanks to Louanna, Albert and Tara it was the most perfect end to our three week Mediterranean vacation.

To put things in perspective, my wife & I are in our mid-fifties and fairly active. We have travelled to many countries throughout the world and now have added the Mediterranean to our list of vacation destinations. We are both healthy, have no mobility issues and are familiar with cruising, staying at all-inclusive resorts or just staying at places like Louanna’s My Blue cave houses.

Louanna has set the bar to a level that I doubt will ever be equaled. Her cave houses (we did have the pleasure of visiting “Island Blue” as well) are very tastefully decorated, clean and well maintained (thanks to Albert whom we know Louanna truly appreciates having in her life). For those that choose to stay at Island Blue, you will not be sorry, as the views are unbelievable and if mobility is an issue, fewer steps to negotiate than Dream Blue. From the deck at the Dream Blue cave house, we were able to look up at the top of the bluff and see the peak of the pathway leading to Island Blue and this has to be one of the most popular locations in Oia to take pictures. Every day the tourists would crowd this small area to take pictures of Oia and the church’s blue dome topped roofs. Early one morning we watched three professional photographers set up their equipment and then spend the next hour with a model taking pictures in the early morning sunlight with Oia as a backdrop. The only complaint we heard from the couple staying at Island Blue was that the tourists would ignore the gate and sometimes even wander onto their deck to take pictures. This was not an issue at Dream Blue.

Dream Blue. This cave house is located down the side of the cliff (104 steps to be exact and counted numerous times) and as the name implies is built into the cliff and was just perfect for our needs. It was so wonderful and peaceful simply because you are far from the beaten path the tourists traverse and has a view that of the caldera that can’t be beat. It has two large decks and plenty of space in the cave house with a fully functioning kitchen and two bedrooms and bathrooms.

Louanna picked us up at the airport and had our suitcases carried down by Albert and his brother. She then sat down with us to provide us with all the information we needed for our week long stay in Santorini. She is a wonderful person who speaks from her heart and make you feel like you are part of her family. Our advice to you is to listen to what she has to say, and then follow her recommendations. You can’t and will not go wrong. Everything from: where to get groceries, where to dine if you want real authentic Greek cuisine, and what to see and do. She provided us with a cell phone and instructed us to call her anytime, anywhere if we needed something. If you go to a beach and need a ride home, call and she will arrange something for you. She booked our restaurants when we asked and we always had the best tables possible. We sat at table 11 at the Sunset Restaurant (best in the house for a view of the sunset). We also dined at The Red Bicycle, Canduni (owners are from Montreal and will serve a meal that is to die for), and Dimitris where you will meet Joy (from Vancouver) and if you are looking for the best fried cheese (Saganaki) on the island, this is the spot.

Louanna provided us with a complete tour of the island with the humorous highlight of the tour being when she pointed out the out the islands longest straight stretch of road. She finished the tour with a visit to her own house for some wine & dessert which I am sure was not part of the “package” where we had the privilege of meet her son Diagle and Albert’s mother & brother whom were visiting from Albania.

When Louanna was not able to visit us (and she will do so on a daily basis) she had Tara & Albert doting on us.

If you want a beautiful, quiet, and peaceful cave house with a view of the caldera to die for and a someone that takes care of every wish that you could possibly dream of, then Dream Blue is the cave house for you.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank SmilesandChuckle
Doha, Qatar
Reviewed September 17, 2012

My wife and I spent an inordinate amount of time reviewing Santorini accommodation. This was to be a one-off, cost has no meaning, type of trip. We scrutinized the top listed spots for weeks and knew that Oia was going to be our location.
We stumbled across the site for MyBlue - Santorini Cave House. It is not listed (yet!!) in the top spots (Thank heavans!!!!). You have most likely read ample reviews of this beautiful location. I will just try to compliment those already mentioned.
The website is: http://www.myblue.gr/. The owner of the houses is Louanna Mantheakis. Most of the information you need will be found right there.
After my research, I was worried that no matter what we found, there would still be little to no privacy as most of the villas and cave houses on the island are stacked on top of each other. I also thought that staying on a volcanic rock meant that such things like internet access, plumbing and air conditioning would not meet my requirements.
And then there was MyBlue.
I have created a trip advisor tripwow slideshow titled Santorini 2012. Or, I have a personal website with our trip photos. You can email me at djm129129@hotmail.com if you would like access.
We booked for the last week of July and were a bit apprehensive considering high season. Louanna organized a driver for us from the airport and Louanna and her staff met us at the parking area in Oia. There is a main street (pedestrian traffic) at the top of Santorini and most of the accommodations require you to walk down. Albert, one of Louannas staff, heaved our huge bags on his shoulders and headed down the 90 steps to the gentle little blue gate. The steps meander in and out of different accommodations, every turn a photo opportunity. The main pedestrian traffic was full of tourists, but once we got to our stay, you could hear a pin drop. Louanna invited us in, where there was a bottle of wine and a welcome card waiting for us. We sat together where Louanna explained everything and answered our questions. She gave us a mobile phone to contact her with and then left us alone.
I was shocked. My wife and I have lived and travelled the world. Louanna pays attention to the details. Every last detail seemed to be catered for.
Privacy: We stayed in Dream Blue, with the sweeping terrace. In our 4 days there, we saw one family of 3 using the stairs to their accommodation below us. We never saw them or heard them again. We were able to enjoy our breakfasts, lounging and relaxing with utmost privacy. You can still look up and see the hordes of tourists snapping pictures of the calderra, but only when you get tired of the postcard view right in front of you.
The jacuzzi: perfect. Clean, bubble jets working, temperature just right.
Breakfast items were left for us and it was the perfect start to the day. All facilities were provided for and never had to look for anything.
We would call Louanna and she would recommend spots for us to go from sunsets to perfect dining to kebabs and ice cream. She organized a beautiful sunset sailing trip and I was skeptical since I like to be the one to do the research. Again, she nailed it. Sunset dining is tricky. Tour groups come to the far end of Oia every night for the sunset. The amount of people piling up is over the top. Louanna told us to call her friend, book a sunset dinner and she would guarantee the best table on the island. She did not disappoint! When we arrived, we were sure our table was gone. Every walkway, porch, patio and rooftop was covered with people. We were greeted with a smile and led through a walkway up to a rooftop terrace, guided through a throng of people to the only table facing the unobstructed view of the sunset. It really was an incredible experience. My wife and I just took it all in. We wondered what the catch was. There had to be. But no. Its Louanna looking after every aspect of our visit.
Internet and tv: 2 televisions. Internet access. Perfect and fast.
Louanna organized a personal tour of the island. Unfortunately she had a foot injury and limping through it, she was determined to see it through. My wife and I decided against that and we headed back. At the same time, her son had lost his pet chamelion, so she asked if it would be ok to stop back at her villa to look. It was a great time! They live on the beach. I had to laugh as we were searching for something that is notorious for blending in to its surroundings.
There just wasn't anything I could fault about MyBlue. Louanna is remarkable and the cave house is quite special.
Many spots on the island are worth it. But most are overly commercial and lack a certain feel. Once we were able to see for ourselves all of the places that looked 'promising', we more than satisfied with our choice at MyBlue.

Room Tip: Both cave houses are exquisite, however, make sure to research which of the two houses - Dream Blue...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Ryparian
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed August 21, 2012

This is not a hotel, it's a perfectly perfect dream house. We couldn't believe our eyes as we walked down the steps taking in the view of the caldera. When we were showed the little blue gate that opens to a huge veranda and outdoor jacuzzi blue. I knew my birthday is going to be just perfect this year with my friends at Dream Blue.

When we open the cute little blue door (I always wanted a blue door for my house!), we couldn't hide our excitement and awe at how beautiful this place is! I could swear we spent at least 30mins going around the beautiful blue house taking pictures and marveling at everything that was so thoughtfully decorated right down to the details and taking in the amazing view of the caldera from the veranda. Nice touch with the blue and white theme!

I even made the comment that I will officially be in heaven if this beautiful house comes with free wifi. Indeed I'm in heaven!

Fridge was stocked with some food for breakfast on the first day and Albert is Superman for helping with the cleaning and carrying our heavy luggages up and down the steps. Louanna with her superb hospitality skills knows exactly when to offer her earnest help and advice, and when to have the privacy to sleep in or just to enjoy the beautiful house and jacuzzi.

The sunset cruise on the viking ship which Louanna strongly recommended was spectacular. Love the hand drawn map that helped us oriented ourselves around the island. Louanna offers day tours too so be sure to check with her on this before you book with other operators! We had a great time out with her on the day tour, it felt like Louanna was a great friend and part of the party the whole time.

Louanna, you have done so well and we can definitely feel the passion and love you have when you first built this first dream house. Thank you so much for everything! The stay at Dream Blue felt just like staying at a friend's, who has the perfect holiday house with the view. It's a pity we didn't have time to check out Island Blue on this trip but that gives us an excuse for coming back again!

XOXO,
Shan and friends

Room Tip: Lots of steps down to get to the house but its well worth it! The side room with 2 twin beds are rea...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank 3Shan3
SingaporeDubai
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Isand Blue is simply AMAZING and has a breathtaking view- It is like entering a home with a postcard view of Santorini which made it difficult for my boyfriend and me to part with. The cave house is beautiful decorated in traditional Greek colors of Blue and White with the most romantic indoor jacuzzi that one could find and a terrace where oe could soak under the sun and admire the most pictureresque view of Santorini. A true Santorinian experience to live in. The tranquility that Island Blue gave, being seperated from other hotels in its own vacinity with locals made us feel more like a local ourselves. The warm hospitality, care and attention to details Louanna showered us with made us feel more like part of a family than her guests or as tourists. The service was outstanding and one that outbeats a 5* hotel as it was a 24 hour service with a personal touch and one where We knew that Louanna was always there for us. Thank You once again Louanna for everything and making our stay even more fabulous than it already was. I would highly recommend Island Blue to couples out there searching for a romantic,out of the world, magical experience in Santorini. This would also be my annual summer home when I come back to Santorini.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple