“MyBlue... A MUST read” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Myblue

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Oia
Myblue
Ranked #9 of 72 Specialty Lodging in Oia
Doha, Qatar
“MyBlue... A MUST read”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

My wife and I spent an inordinate amount of time reviewing Santorini accommodation. This was to be a one-off, cost has no meaning, type of trip. We scrutinized the top listed spots for weeks and knew that Oia was going to be our location.
We stumbled across the site for MyBlue - Santorini Cave House. It is not listed (yet!!) in the top spots (Thank heavans!!!!). You have most likely read ample reviews of this beautiful location. I will just try to compliment those already mentioned.
The website is: http://www.myblue.gr/. The owner of the houses is Louanna Mantheakis. Most of the information you need will be found right there.
After my research, I was worried that no matter what we found, there would still be little to no privacy as most of the villas and cave houses on the island are stacked on top of each other. I also thought that staying on a volcanic rock meant that such things like internet access, plumbing and air conditioning would not meet my requirements.
And then there was MyBlue.
I have created a trip advisor tripwow slideshow titled Santorini 2012. Or, I have a personal website with our trip photos. You can email me at djm129129@hotmail.com if you would like access.
We booked for the last week of July and were a bit apprehensive considering high season. Louanna organized a driver for us from the airport and Louanna and her staff met us at the parking area in Oia. There is a main street (pedestrian traffic) at the top of Santorini and most of the accommodations require you to walk down. Albert, one of Louannas staff, heaved our huge bags on his shoulders and headed down the 90 steps to the gentle little blue gate. The steps meander in and out of different accommodations, every turn a photo opportunity. The main pedestrian traffic was full of tourists, but once we got to our stay, you could hear a pin drop. Louanna invited us in, where there was a bottle of wine and a welcome card waiting for us. We sat together where Louanna explained everything and answered our questions. She gave us a mobile phone to contact her with and then left us alone.
I was shocked. My wife and I have lived and travelled the world. Louanna pays attention to the details. Every last detail seemed to be catered for.
Privacy: We stayed in Dream Blue, with the sweeping terrace. In our 4 days there, we saw one family of 3 using the stairs to their accommodation below us. We never saw them or heard them again. We were able to enjoy our breakfasts, lounging and relaxing with utmost privacy. You can still look up and see the hordes of tourists snapping pictures of the calderra, but only when you get tired of the postcard view right in front of you.
The jacuzzi: perfect. Clean, bubble jets working, temperature just right.
Breakfast items were left for us and it was the perfect start to the day. All facilities were provided for and never had to look for anything.
We would call Louanna and she would recommend spots for us to go from sunsets to perfect dining to kebabs and ice cream. She organized a beautiful sunset sailing trip and I was skeptical since I like to be the one to do the research. Again, she nailed it. Sunset dining is tricky. Tour groups come to the far end of Oia every night for the sunset. The amount of people piling up is over the top. Louanna told us to call her friend, book a sunset dinner and she would guarantee the best table on the island. She did not disappoint! When we arrived, we were sure our table was gone. Every walkway, porch, patio and rooftop was covered with people. We were greeted with a smile and led through a walkway up to a rooftop terrace, guided through a throng of people to the only table facing the unobstructed view of the sunset. It really was an incredible experience. My wife and I just took it all in. We wondered what the catch was. There had to be. But no. Its Louanna looking after every aspect of our visit.
Internet and tv: 2 televisions. Internet access. Perfect and fast.
Louanna organized a personal tour of the island. Unfortunately she had a foot injury and limping through it, she was determined to see it through. My wife and I decided against that and we headed back. At the same time, her son had lost his pet chamelion, so she asked if it would be ok to stop back at her villa to look. It was a great time! They live on the beach. I had to laugh as we were searching for something that is notorious for blending in to its surroundings.
There just wasn't anything I could fault about MyBlue. Louanna is remarkable and the cave house is quite special.
Many spots on the island are worth it. But most are overly commercial and lack a certain feel. Once we were able to see for ourselves all of the places that looked 'promising', we more than satisfied with our choice at MyBlue.

Room Tip: Both cave houses are exquisite, however, make sure to research which of the two houses - Dream Blue...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Ryparian

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2012

This is not a hotel, it's a perfectly perfect dream house. We couldn't believe our eyes as we walked down the steps taking in the view of the caldera. When we were showed the little blue gate that opens to a huge veranda and outdoor jacuzzi blue. I knew my birthday is going to be just perfect this year with my friends at Dream Blue.

When we open the cute little blue door (I always wanted a blue door for my house!), we couldn't hide our excitement and awe at how beautiful this place is! I could swear we spent at least 30mins going around the beautiful blue house taking pictures and marveling at everything that was so thoughtfully decorated right down to the details and taking in the amazing view of the caldera from the veranda. Nice touch with the blue and white theme!

I even made the comment that I will officially be in heaven if this beautiful house comes with free wifi. Indeed I'm in heaven!

Fridge was stocked with some food for breakfast on the first day and Albert is Superman for helping with the cleaning and carrying our heavy luggages up and down the steps. Louanna with her superb hospitality skills knows exactly when to offer her earnest help and advice, and when to have the privacy to sleep in or just to enjoy the beautiful house and jacuzzi.

The sunset cruise on the viking ship which Louanna strongly recommended was spectacular. Love the hand drawn map that helped us oriented ourselves around the island. Louanna offers day tours too so be sure to check with her on this before you book with other operators! We had a great time out with her on the day tour, it felt like Louanna was a great friend and part of the party the whole time.

Louanna, you have done so well and we can definitely feel the passion and love you have when you first built this first dream house. Thank you so much for everything! The stay at Dream Blue felt just like staying at a friend's, who has the perfect holiday house with the view. It's a pity we didn't have time to check out Island Blue on this trip but that gives us an excuse for coming back again!

XOXO,
Shan and friends

Room Tip: Lots of steps down to get to the house but its well worth it! The side room with 2 twin beds are rea...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank 3Shan3
SingaporeDubai
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

Isand Blue is simply AMAZING and has a breathtaking view- It is like entering a home with a postcard view of Santorini which made it difficult for my boyfriend and me to part with. The cave house is beautiful decorated in traditional Greek colors of Blue and White with the most romantic indoor jacuzzi that one could find and a terrace where oe could soak under the sun and admire the most pictureresque view of Santorini. A true Santorinian experience to live in. The tranquility that Island Blue gave, being seperated from other hotels in its own vacinity with locals made us feel more like a local ourselves. The warm hospitality, care and attention to details Louanna showered us with made us feel more like part of a family than her guests or as tourists. The service was outstanding and one that outbeats a 5* hotel as it was a 24 hour service with a personal touch and one where We knew that Louanna was always there for us. Thank You once again Louanna for everything and making our stay even more fabulous than it already was. I would highly recommend Island Blue to couples out there searching for a romantic,out of the world, magical experience in Santorini. This would also be my annual summer home when I come back to Santorini.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank RachelMichel_12
Patras, Greece
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2012

A beautifull experiance. From the first moment we got to ISLAND BLUE we felt like we were in heaven.Thank so very much for your great hospitality. The view is spectacular. MY BLUE is a definate must for all.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Athens, Greece
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2012

A truly magical and romantic experience!!! Louanna we can't thank you enough for taking such care of us! Island blue is now on the top of our list of preferred destinations and we can't wait to visit Dream blue! See you soon!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2012

Thank you Louanna for another fabulous stay - such a great host.

In short amazing accomodation, beautiful views, great accomodation and more importantly outstanding service. Would definietly recommend!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2012

My husband and I enjoyed nine nights on beautiful Santorini. We chose Dream Blue in Oia. The location was sublime. We have never seen a view this beautiful. Waking each morning to the sparkling blue sea was idyllic. We were enchanted!
We loved the town of Oia. The people were so friendly. There were plenty of wonderful restaurants to try and fabulous shops. Our favorite restaurant was Red Bicycle. It was outstanding. Delicious food and great service!
We rented a car for 2 days and explored the island ruins and vineyards. One afternoon, we took a sail over to the volcano and watched the sunset. Louanna and Albert gave us an island tour.
This was a perfect vacation. We had plenty to do and never got bored. We had enough time to relax and soak in the sun! We loved our time at Dream Blue.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple