“An Excellent Adventure”

Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 7, 2012

I was in Oia 5 days, and I dined here TWICE... We went for lunch... hiked down the path the burros use (watch your step!) The water is spectacular... it laps right up to your table... what's on the menu?... . whatever they caught this morning... after you sit down and start on your Mythos, the waiter will take you to see the catch of the day, so you can check out what you are about to eat... the menu prices list the fish in Kilos, so don't freak out (like I did the first time I saw the menu)... your fish is weighed, and you are told the price before you agree to order... the fish is grilled to perfection... the french fries are to die for, and the beer is cold... oh, we had wine, too... the local Santorini wines are excellent, by the way. You don't want to hike back up after the great food and wine... the burro ride was 5 euros... when we go back to Santorini, we will DEFINITELY return here for lunch...

Reviewed November 22, 2012

I went here based on the recommendation of the concierge at my hotel. Very disappointing. I had specifically asked for a good restaurant in Oia to watch the sunset. You would think that a place called Sunset would be it. Wrong. The view is mostly obstructed by a building and rock formation. Not just a little bit.

Besides that the service was below average, same for the food. I suspect that the restaurant has a deal with the hotels to recommend guests.

Reviewed November 18, 2012

We had the most amazing meal here during our visit to Santorini. Of course, get the lobster spaghetti (a dish I have a picture of on my phone and show to foodie friends at least once a week)...We were lucky to get a perfect table on a day when the sunset was just unbelievable. Make sure you have the number to a taxi or your hotel concierge because when you are ready to leave there aren't usually taxis just waiting at the bottom of the hill so it can be a little of a wait for a ride back up the hill.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

We so enjoyed this restaurant and took many pictures of the area while we were there. The food was wonderful. We tried so many different things and it was all very good. You can't go wrong here!

Reviewed October 20, 2012

Amazing place with tables set right up to the waters edge. It is a perfect spot to watch the sun set and have a glass of cold wine along with a variety of fish dishes. You get to go and chose your fish and they weigh and price it before they cook it. It isn't cheap but the atmosphere and location is well worth it.