“Joy means this restaurant for her rating and not the Sunset Cafe”

Sunset Ammoudi Taverna
Ranked #20 of 91 Restaurants in Oia
Good for: Large groups, Scenic view, Romantic, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Joy means this restaurant for her rating and not the Sunset Cafe”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

Excellent fish and crustacia. A little expensive maybe but we did have the lobster and it was delicious.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Idontbelieveit_12

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Dallas, Texas
“Wasted a dinner on this place”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012 via mobile

Our hotel told us this was a great restaraunt, so I ignored my tripadvisor an decided to give it a try! I decided to walk the stairs and please, if you decide to go here, just drive! Their is poop all over the stairs from the donkeys and it is such a long walk! But when we got to the restaraunt, the waiter were very rude, ignored us 90% of the time.. The food was gross.. And way too expensive! Way way too expensive! And I'm all for spending money on food! But I was extremely mad leaving here!

1 Thank ShaylaTurnbow
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Adorable spot. Everything else is just mediocre.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

Came here in June 2012, had great service because I was with all of my girlfriends. All we got were drinks and they insisted that they were all on the house. I came here again in sept 2012 on my way to swim in amoudi bay and found poor/ too busy for you type of service. The food was blah. Wasn't impressed. The location is adorable , as it is right on the port in amoudi.

Madrid - Granada
“Charming place on Amoudi´s quay with excellent fresh fish”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

Although the restaurant is really crowded, there are tables in all possible corners and it seems really touristy, the place is great.

I would not define it as a romantic place, however it was wonderful dinning by the sea, our table was literally on the edge of the quay. The place is packed with couples, groups of friends, families with children, not only tourists but also a lot of Greek people, and still the service is very good.
I found very honest that when I ordered fished, which goes by the kilogram, the weighted it and told me how much it would be before cooking it. Although this is a silly anecdote, it shows you that they are trustworthy and that they care about the service they provide. The fish was extremely fresh and the food was great.

As for price, well fresh seafood is always pricier than other things, but still I was not expensive for the quality it has.
Overall the experience was great and I think is one of the places not to be missed in Oia for the charm it has, and also for the extremely good fresh fish.

• Visited August 2012
Rayleigh
“Lovely place although seemed a bit pricey”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

We ended up here while looking for Tis Pandoras as reviewed on here. The location is excellent and very romantic. We had the lobster spaghetti and it was delicious, however, the price for this was 95 euros which was to share which seemed a bit expensive but could not fault the food.

• Visited September 2012