“Amazing restaurant, beautiful food!!”
Review of Finikia Restaurant

Finikia Restaurant
Ranked #35 of 95 Restaurants in Oia
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 30, 2014

We drove passed a few times, and each time I said to my fiance we should eat there, so one day we did and we were not disappointed! The venue itself is very pretty in the front garden area, and the rear terrace would be a great place to watch the sunset. The staff were extremely friendly, and the food was A-mazing!! Definitely the best we had on the island....you have to try the octopus in wine starter! I could have eaten just that! I had the seafood linguine, which if I had to critique I would say it was slightly salty for my taste (but I never cook with salt) My fiance had the lamb chops - we have seen some negative reviews but he really loved them, and I tried them and they were delicious! They may have been a bit thin, but you got four of them so there was plenty, and it had a lovely lemon sauce on them.
We wanted to go back there, but sadly did not get the chance!!

Reviewed June 25, 2014

The set out of the restaurant and views from the restaurant were amazing. The food was just as good. I loved breakfast. Simple, but just my kind of thing with fresh bread, fresh juices and croissants etc. I just wanted to take the homemade marmalade with me! Dinner/desert watching the sunset, with great service just sealed my last night at Finikia.

Reviewed June 7, 2014

Over a two week period in May we had many wonderful lunches and dinners at Finikia place. We found the menu excellent as there is a much wider choice than anywhere else we tried, all the food was great and the environment is very friendly, service was excellent. There are many outside tables where you can watch the sunset. Strongly recommend the wince, baklava, and the entire menu.

Thank you for everything!

Wayne and Claire

Reviewed June 6, 2014

We arrived around 11pm to our hotel and were starving and the hotel recommended this place as it was a <5 min walk. The service was great and as our first real meal in Greece- I remember it fondly and thought all the small plates we had were delicious. We went back there the next night and had wonderful Baklava (and our waitress gave us a shot of something strawberry liquor that was great too). Not in the center of Oia but we enjoyed this restaurant.

Reviewed May 29, 2014

We went this restaurant as one of the hotel staff said it was one of her favourites. We sat inside as it was very windy but the terrace at the rear of the place had lovely views of the sunset. My husband and I chose different items and this is where the problem was. He had the egg plant stacked with meat, tomato and béchamel sauce and the shrimp and mussel pasta and said it was one of the nicest tasting meals he'd had. I had the Santorini tomato balls that were bland and really heavy and floury. To follow I had the lamb chops, well goodness knows what part of the lamb it came from but they were not chops, hardly any meat just gristle and fat, awful.
When I read a couple of the other reviews before writing this I had to laugh as like another member we too walked straight to another restaurant so I could have a real portion of lamb chops !!!
Would we go back? Well my husband would but I think I may not be too bothered.