“An Oasis of relaxation and Enjoyment!”
Review of Dormy House

Dormy House
Ranked #9 of 49 Restaurants in Etretat
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 15, 2014

My family recently spent two weeks traveling thru France (Paris, Loire Valley, and Normandy). I wanted to find somewhere for us to unwind and recharge for a couple days before heading back to the States. I did my homework and decided to spend 2 days at Dormy House in Etretat. I feel it was a great choice. Beautiful Hotel, beautiful views in a small town right on the Channel. There were 13 of us so I had rented 7 rooms. The rooms spanned the entire variety of rooms offered by the Hotel. I put the older teens in the less expensive rooms, but even those rooms were very nice; roomy, clean, and also with great views. The cliffs there are beautiful, and a relatively easy walk.

Those in our group who had brunch thought it was great; good variety, including eggs and meats. We had dinner at the Hotel both nights, and had excellent meals.

Tip: If you eat at the Hotel, they take 10% off of your room charge. The meals were on the expensive side, but more palatable knowing that I was getting about 15 euros off my room price. You need to be patient with your meal; the food is cooked to order so dinner each night lasted around 2-2.5 hours. Something to keep in mind if you have smaller kids.

3  Thank floridaheatwave
There are newer reviews for Dormy House

Reviewed June 12, 2014

Lovely hotel overlooking the famous stony beach, very nice rooms.
We were a bit disappointed in the restaurant, but that should not stop you from going there, especially when you want to play golf.

Reviewed April 3, 2014

This place really knows how to take your money. They advertise free wifi but then only have it at the bar....that's pretty convenient isn't it? They offer a breakfast buffet for 16.50€/person and you get canned fruit, a snobby waitress, canned orange juice, hard croissants and cold eggs. The Sir Windsor in town offers a more friendly atmosphere and a fresher breakfast for 7€ so go there. The shower has no door and the shower will SOAK the bathroom floor. I was on vacation and on my honeymoon, worrying about a clean and dry bathroom with available towels is something I can do at home for free but instead got to pay for it at the hotel. When my husband told the receptionist at check out about the shower she said that we weren't the first to complain about it. So the hotel knows it's unsatisfactory yet does nothing to fix it. Yep, a rip off. This place is horrible and will tell my friends and family that want to visit etretat to avoid this place. We plan on visiting etretat every year on our anniversary and we will not be staying at this place.

Reviewed August 5, 2012

We stayed for three nights in this hotel and found both the hotel and the situation in top. The restaurant is very good and has a magnificent view over the cliffs and the ocean.

Reviewed May 17, 2012

Everything was just good. We had a seat next to the window and enjoyed the view all the time! Eat was fresh and agreeable.

1  Thank Anastasia N