“Will come back again” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Cult
Frankfurt, Germany
“Will come back again”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2012

First of all this hotel is highly recommended.
I stayed in 100+ accomodations so far and this one is really worth to come back again.

I stayed there for 2 nights during the Tour de France 2012 and I really liked it. Unfortunately I spend the whole time at the Tour and did not have had much time to enjoy but I will come back again with some more time (and my girlfriend).
I had a clean and spacious suite and the price-value is unbeatable.

Mme Lego is a lovely and charming host and you feel comfortable and welcome all the time.

The breakfast was served in a beautiful renovated and decorated salon with a fresh selection of local products (cheese, marmaleade etc.).

As there are different tags at GoogleEarth here are the coordinates:
47.313157°
5.736986°

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Cobourg, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2012

We spent 4 days at this beautiful chateau in Cult. Our host Ms. Fabienne Lego could not make us feel more welcome.The decor of the suite we stayed was exceptional and the gardens were beautiful.The breakfasts featured many local cheeses,jams and jellies fresh fruits and an assortment of breads. Fabienne was very helpful in suggesting local places of interest and we enjoyed Beune,Dijon,and Besancon,as well as the many ancient villages of the area.
We could not find fault with our choice of accommodation, a definite 5 star.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank posiden
brisbane
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2012

We stayed here with our adult son for one night on our way from Paris to Lucerne.
The chateau was beautiful both inside and out. Fabienne has excellent taste in decor.
The gardens were an absolute delight.
We only stayed one night and wished we had had more time.
We had a lovely breakfast the next morning before leaving for Lucerne.
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would recommend this accommodation to anyone.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank gm7hj
Malmo, Sweden
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2011

We spent a week at "Les Egrignes" with my wife and 12-year-old son and we have excellent memories of the place, the environment but most prominently of the very warm personality of our host, Ms. Fabienne Lego, who adds a personal touch to your stay and constantly ensures that everything is according to her guests' needs.

The property is situated in a typical rural French village and is very tastefully renovated. The rooms and suites, overlooking an extensive garden, give the guests a feeling of "homey" relaxation with a tone of luxury that is very welcome.

For travelers that would like to discover the "inner France", Les Egrignes is a "must".

Room Tip: The IRIS suite is the top in terms of space and the Kamelia in terms of the view to the gardens.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank Sven S
Lausanne, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2011

We have spent a wonderful day at Les Egrignes !!
Fabienne has welcome us with a smile and shown her beautiful castle.
The suites are beautiful and you cannot desire more.
Beautiful clothing, fantastic interiors, extremely clean.
the garden is fantastic, big and quiet.
Dulcis in fundo the breakfast, you will love it !!!
p.s. ask Fabienne where to go for dinner, she will give you important advices, we had the chance to have a friend (former chef) cooking for us in his house next to the castle.
Fantastic !

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank fradamb
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2011

We stayed for 2 nights and would love to have stayed longer, it as a beautiful house and Fabienne could not have been more helpful with recommendations for places to eat etc. Our friends were travelling with a small dog which was not allowed into the house, this was quite understandable as the house and interier are immaculate with a lot of delicate carpets and furnishings however Fabienne was able to come up with a solution to overcome the problem. Perhaps Fabienne could be a little more accepting of her guests, whilst we were more than happy to treat the house with the love that she so obviously has for it, others may not be quite so respectful and this will only lead to disappointment for what should be a wonderful experience.
Perhaps I am being a little critical but this is not meant to be in any mean way, we loved our stay here and will be back again, both for the house and to see Fabienne.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank DelBournemouth
surrey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2010

I first stayed in Les Egrignes approximately 12 years ago. During one of my trips back from Italy,I popped into the tourist office in Gray to enquire about Chambre D'hotes in the area. The lady gave me just one card, the one for Les Egrignes and strongly recommended it - the following year I booked it. I'll never forget our arrival - I'd left London in the early morning and drove across France that day. just past Gray, we came across the sign for Cult and drove into the village - Directly in front we were presented with this magnificent Château. As I drove through the gates, Roland and Fabienne came to greet us - I'll never forget his first words to me "you must have a Swiss watch" - this was because I said I would arrive at 7:30 PM and despite driving some 500 miles and crossing the channel it was indeed 7:30 PM. we were shown to a superb room and an extra cot bed had been put into the room for our youngest - this cot bed was the one Roland's grandfather had slept in! The room was fantastic, despite being the smallest of the three, and the bathroom would put high class expensive hotels to shame. We ate outside that night in the covered area adjacent to the kitchen - Fabienne was running about an hour behind, but the food was superb - i still remember the salad, which she gave me the recipe for the dressing and we still use. We had a wonderful meal with Fabienne, Roland and two other Guests. The next day, the superb breakfast was served in the same area outside. We had the freshest bread, which Roland had just bought from the local baker, and despite finishing late the previous evening, Fabienne had baked a cake that morning for breakfast - this was coupled with the superb home made jams that you can only get in France. Despite having a long drive to Italy, our departure was delayed as we felt we were leaving old friends. Needless to say I booked for our return Journey. An overnight stop did not do this place justice, and we returned that Autumn for a 3 night stay. The area is superb, It gave me the opportunity to visit places that up until then, I'd only driven through. The food of the area is also fantastic. We repeated our overnight stops for several years until our holiday plans changed and more recently I changed my route. We also ha d several weekend trips there. I can only repeat what others have said. The accommodation is superb and has been lovingly restored. You will receive a fantastic welcome and if you are fortunate to dine her, the food is second to none. I can wholeheartedly recommend Les Egrignes

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
7 Thank italiastar
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cult
Chateau De Rigny
#1 of 1 in Gy
La Petite Resie
La Petite Resie
#1 of 1 in Pesmes

Been to Les Egrignes? Share your experiences!