“Fun but Pricey”

and 1 more site!
Jellystone Park of Western New York
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I rented a deluxe cabin for 4 adults and 2 kids age 9 & 10. Pros: The waterpark was fantastic and the new Laser tag was great for the 10 year old. We had pizza delivered to our cabin one night. Golf Carts are fun to get around in and a must if you're out of shape. The Staff were there to help with whatever you needed, but you first had to go up to the main building to request anything.

Cons: Golf Cart and Cabin was very pricey for what was included. The cabin was dated and not very well cleaned (mold in the bathroom), cobwebs and dirt all over front screened in porch. The swimming pool was small and very crowded. Boating staff should have been regulating the boat area, such as handing out life preservers to the kids BEFORE they got into the boats, helping people out of the boats, etc.

Overall the kids loved the waterpark and the "camping" experience. BUT, I thought $225/night plus $50/day for the golf cart was overpriced for what you actually got.

Room Tip: The "X" cabins looked out over a beautiful field and trees. Not at the campers across the...
2  Thank travel_more044
There are newer reviews for Jellystone Park of Western New York

Reviewed September 1, 2013

Jellystone of Western NY was a great place to take my 2 daughters for an end of summer cabin camping trip! We stayed in a Deluxe cabin and were very impressed with the cleanliness of the cabin, sites, waterpark, and campground in general! The staff were incredibly helpful, friendly, knowledgeable and great with the kids :) The only downside/annoyance in my opinion were multiple smokers who did not have the consideration to walk away from families/swimming areas while they smoked. I was surprised that smoking was even allowed in these public areas ie: waterpark, pools, playgrounds. To find cigarette butts in the mulch used for the playgrounds was very disappointing. BUT, overall was a fantastic experience and we definitely plan on returning next year!

Reviewed August 29, 2013

We selected Jellystone of Western NY as our end of summer vacation as it was close to home and relatively inexpensive. The reviews here on Trip Advisor and other sites were generally positive, so that sealed the deal.

We arrived at about 3:30 in the afternoon, and we were checked in by 3:35. Jackie at the front desk was very efficient. We got to our cabin and unpacked our van, then headed over to the waterpark, which was about 15 steps away. The water park was nice, if a bit cool, and a few of the water features weren't working, which made any water battles rather one sided. But it was great fun.

Our cabin, a Boo Boo Chalet was clean and well maintained. It was also more spacious than we were expecting. There were activities at least every hour, though some were at an extra charge.

On our last day, I noticed that we'd picked up a screw in the tire of our van. I called the ranger's station to ask for directions to the nearest station that might have an air pump, and they sent one of their maintenance guys to our site with a portable compressor to inflate our tire to get us home! Talk about great service.

We will definitely be back next year.

1  Thank J0hnM42
Reviewed August 26, 2013

We were lucking enough to get a Lakeview cottage cheap from a facebook deal they were running due to a cancellation. We stayed 2 weeknights in July and unfortunately is rained most of day one, but we made the most of it.
Our cottage was clean and had most amenities that you would have at a hotel, we called it "glamping".
You can make the stay cheap by just bringing you own food/campwood and just doing the free activities (and there were plenty).
Our daughter is still talking about Yogi, over a month later, we plan on coming back in the fall when the rates are half off, since our daughter does not like swimming anyway.
Pros:
Clean showers near the waterpark
Nice playgrounds
Cute sandy beach
Free crafts, hayride, movies, and coloring
Free movie rentals
Lunch with Yogi is only $5 for pizza, drink, cookie, souvenir.
Concerns:
Waterpark was FREEZING.
Pedal carts need fixing
Laser tag did not really work.
If you get a Lakefront cottage, be prepared to have people fishing on your site the whole time, which is annoying.

Overall it was awesome and my daughter loved it and that is all that really matters in the end.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Xtaline
Reviewed August 26, 2013

First off let me explain that myself and my family are veteran campers. We go all over the place but generally prefer quiet, secluded campgrounds with not a lot of traffic, noise, etc.. We don't NEED the entertainment. We normally prefer just a campfire, a bike ride and the great outdoors in general. We do a LOT of "dry camping" with no electricity, water, etc..

On a whim we followed 4 friends of ours for a quick weekender to Jellystone in North Java, NY. Let me tell you... IT WAS A FANTASTIC EXPERIENCE IN JUST ABOUT EVERY WAY POSSIBLE !! The staff are very well trained, with fantastic Customer Service, great attitudes, friendly; they had genuine smiles on their faces or were faking it very well. Arty, Jackie and the little gal that worked the inflatable slide in the back of the campground were especially friendly. I'll never complain about the price because almost everything was inclusive. I have a 30 foot fifth-wheel camper and for about $70 a night I got my site with water/electric/sewer, the water park, a heated pool, hay rides, mini golf, pedal carts, music, lazer tag, fishing, paddle boats, kayaks, canoes, etc. etc.

The park was FILLED TO CAPACITY but somehow they found a way to keep things clean. the water park was VERY clean. There was no garbage ANYWHERE lying around, no band-aids, no litter, etc.. Their camp store was pretty well stocked and you could order food like pizza, chicken fingers, etc. I even witnessed a camp employee delivering a food order to a family at the water zone and he declined a tip. The customer was practically begging him to take the money as a tip and he politely declined. To me that says a lot. Classy !! We all had such a good time that we decided to stay an extra day and just leave at night when the water park closed. Instead of charging me for a full night they only made me pay $15 for SEVEN of us to stay and use the park for the full day !!!! What other business today would not rake you over the coals for a full extra days admission !!

Another plus was the camp itinerary. When you check in they give you a hand out for the full days actiivities (by the HOUR for each day !). It kept the kids REALLY busy. There were a few extras that you had to pay for like $5 to tye-dye a t-shirt but who cares ? I would expect that !

Overall I just cannot recommend this place enough. I wouldn't go every weekend just because we do like to slow things down a bit when we camp but we are going back in two weeks (half off admission because the water zone will be closed). I don't know who the owners are but they hire quality staff and train them very, VERY well. I was in the Customer Service industry for 15+ years and I found the staff to be top-notch. Job well done by the owners !! I'm probably forgetting a TON of things that I wanted to say but overall I couldn't be more impressed.

Don't miss it. Just DO IT !!

Room Tip: Be prepared to deal with a little dust on your vehicles. The place is not paved but has gravel roads...
1  Thank HipD3
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Just as the title says, we had a good time here, but have been to campgrounds were we could have done the same thing for half the price.

Amenities are decent. Lots to go with kids. Arts & Craft projects are fairly expensive. Only other complaint was the waterpark was freezing. Lifeguard told us they have the capability to heat it, but choose not to. Items in the camp store are overpriced.

Most of the staff was very friendly and helpful. Hey, hey, hey rides were a lot of fun for the kids. My 2 year old didn't even know who Yogi is, but was super excited to meet him.

We tent camped in a W/E site, and it had a bit of a slope to it, there was no where to set up the tent on a flat surface, so we had to fight gravity all night. Sites are really close together with no privacy. As such, if your neighbors stay up late singing "My Humps" at the top of their lungs, don't expect to be able to get your toddler to sleep. Not that this happened. (It did though.)

Also, it seems that there is very little parental supervision with-in the entire place, so be aware of that if you have younger kids you don't want plowed over on the playground and such.

We enjoyed ourselves, but probably won't be back.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

We have been to Jellystone in North Java many times and always have a great experience. The place is very clean and family friendly. The staff is helpful and efficient plus they are always smiling. Dan was everywhere and seems to know how to do everything!
The water park is fun for kids and adults alike with water slides and a huge dump bucket. There were plenty of tables and chairs for everyone. We ate our lunch there most days then went to the "beach" so the kids could make sand castles.
I like the fact that there is so much to do at the park - fishing, laser tag, swimming, basketball, miniature golf, arts & crafts. No way the kids can get bored. Very relaxing for me.
We were there for Halloween week in August and the entire place was decked out for Halloween. Kids got to go Trick or Treating in their costumes around the park. Even Yogi Bear was dressed up as a ghost.
My family had a great time and we plan to return to Jellystone next year. My kids told me it was "better than Disney World".

Also consider these accommodations in or near North Java
#1 of 3 in Mount Morris
Oramel Inn
Oramel Inn
#1 of 3 in Caneadea

Been to Jellystone Park of Western New York? Share your experiences!