“The best choice in Black Perigurde”
Review of L'Ombriere

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Vitrac
L'Ombriere
Ranked #2 of 7 Vitrac B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

My wife and me with my cousine and her husband stayed in L'Ombriere for several days. It is a beautiful place with wonderful hosts that gives you a great welcome feeling. Andrea is very helpful in guiding your way in the attractive Dordogne area, Barbara is charming and prepare excelent cakes. Their warm attitude to the guest and the place is add to the beauty of their house and the great location near to most sights of Dordogn and Lot vallies.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

Our odd traveling crew consisted of a 75 year old man, a 25 year old woman and a 42 year old man. To say our tastes could be diverse would be an understatement. That said each of us was completely charmed by Andrea and his lovely wife Barbara. Meeting people like them is simply why I travel at all. They exude genuine warmth and charm that is utterly compelling. We didn't want to leave and are already dying to go back. Their home is gorgeous, that perfect combination of authenticity well appointed with perfect modern amenities like fully modern sized and function bathrooms. Frankly, I think the name should be changed to Bed Bathroom and Breakfast... I care that much. I want a shower that works perfectly in a beautiful rock home with fantastic beamed ceilings. They deliver. Breakfast was absolutely wonderful with homemade sumptuous delights that I will not spoil here but will let you discover on your own. You should stop reading and start booking. I hope you are able to get a spot here. Be nice though, I want them to keep doing it exactly the way they are for when I return.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 8, 2013

We couldn't be happier about our stay at L'Ombriere. This is a wonderful home with wonderful hosts. Barbara and Andrea have done a gorgeous restoration of this antique home and furnished it beautifully. The setting is picture-perfect...I woke up early to take sunrise pictures from our bedroom window! The rooms and bathroom are spotless and tastefully designed. Fresh-picked strawberries for breakfast anyone? Oh, and homemade jams, fresh bread, local yogurt and homemade cakes? Yum! The village and Chateau Montfort are a postcard setting. The location is also a perfect base for exploring the Perigord Noir. We took a canoe ride down the Dordogne and enjoyed visits to picturesque Sarlat, Domme and Laroque Gagaec. L'Ombriere was a wonderful experience. We only wish we could have stayed longer!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Andrea and Barbara as such delightful hosts and they took such care to make sure our stay was perfect. The location of the house is ideal, the food was all home made, literally from the cakes to Jams and the whole atmosphere was professional and relaxed. If you are going to Sarlat you must stay here.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Roofdownandgo
Reviewed July 17, 2013

We stayed three nights and it was the best place we stayed at during our trip to Europe. The attic room was lovely, simple, elegant and very comfortable. We were really well looked after and had lovely breakfasts everyday. Andrea and Barbara are wonderful hosts, genuinely caring about the comfort and enjoyment of their guests. It is a quiet location which is well situated for visiting other locations. I would really recommend staying here.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 10, 2013

What a wonderful experience we had staying with Andrea and Barbara. What a wonderful home they opened to travelers. My room was so charming. The means were wonderful. They were wonderful historians of the area and gladly shared their wealth of information. Loved it! And would love to go back again someday! Thanks Andrea and Barbara!

Room Tip: I had a room on their top floor - very comfortable, large and inviting.