All reviewsprivate beachindian oceanhigh tidemanager chrisyour disposalspent five nightspool areaperfect place to relax and unwindmusic festivalnice poolbeautiful oceansound of the wavesrooms are beautifulstone townparadise on earthan amazing placeturquoise water
Reviewed September 30, 2017

We loved our stay at the Seasons Lodge and the sunrise views over the water... from the bed!
It was the perfect way to end our stay in Zanzibar
If you come from Stone town: don't trust google maps, we took the worst road to get there (narrow and branches scratching the car). It's not recommended (even though the locals seemed super lovely on the way).

Ask the locals around Stone town about the best roads to take before you use your phone haha

Room Tip: Any villa with water view is perfect
  • Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 28, 2017

Sat on your bed you can see the turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean. I couldn't have picked a better place for my honeymoon. Every room is a handcrafted, private beachfront cottage from where the sound of the ocean slapping the rocks at the edge of your private compound will lull you to sleep. The staff are super friendly and you can tell that they get it from the manager Christopher who come off more like a personal friend hosting you at his home. The food is amazing, never got to meet the chef but every single thing he prepared was heaven to us, so fresh and well prepared. Cool thing is whatever excursions you want to go for, all you have to do is alert the front desk and they will make all the necessary arrangements for you. My wife and I are definitely going back to Seasons. We loved it.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
Thank Emuron Peter Pa... A
Reviewed September 22, 2017 via mobile

Stayed for two nights in a cabin and had the most amazing time. Did not want to leave. Wonderful to hear the ocean literally outside your door. The staff are wonderfully friendly and accomodating. Most amazing staff.

The food was very good. Great value for its small size, very tasty.

The pool is to chill in and swim a little bit.

Plenty of places to lounge around. Drinks are reasonably priced for the area.

Chris, the manager, did everything he could to make our time amazing. Really makes you feel special and what more they can do. We was flexible with out check out time.

It was really hard settling in to the place we went back to in Stone Town, as it was so serene.

Bugs were not a huge problem, but they are there as you should expect.

Some aspects of the room ( the doors) could be updated and fixed, but I understand it can be hard being so close to the ocean.

Do note that at high tide you will not have access to the beach, though you do at low tide. Being mindful as the currents are strong.

When we come back we are staying longer at Seasons.

Thank you!

Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 9, 2017

I stayed here for 4 nights on 1/2 board. Staying in one of the lodges over looking the ocean with its own private beach area. I feel in love with the place as soon a i arrived at the gates. It was high tide when I arrived, and the bright blue/green sea is the first thing that you can see in the distance. I received a warm Welcome by Christopher, had a welcome drink and Christopher then personally showed me around the lodge and to my villa.
i was in aww at the view from my villa.
The breakfast, quite simple but was lovely and they are more than happy to accommodate if there is something that you dont want/ want extra of. the homemade baked beans are fantastic!!
The evening meal is a set menus each night, changes every day. again, they can be flexible where they can if you wanted something changed ( ie they changed on occasions, fried potatoes for rice, and chicken instead of beef stir-fry).
the pool is small but still a lovely inviting area and bar with breath taking views of the sea.
the staff are friendly.
the only things i would crisis, is timing, drinks they will serve quickly :-) ( great), however i found that it did take time to receive food, ie after them asking me what time i would like starter ( 7pm) it took on occasions a further 15-20mins to receive the food. i also noticed it took time for them to clear plates away at breakfast. On my last day i had ordered lunch for 2pm ( giving 50 mins notice) and was tolkd not problem (i was leaving shortly after 3pm for the airport, and thought this would be ample time to eat my lunch... however it was a little frustrating that lunch was over 20mnis late and i had to go and chase the bar tender to find out where my food was.
one suggestion i would have for them would be to a have a communal tip box which can be shared equally with all staff, as there are many staff members that you dont get to see but may want to thank ( cleaners, chef etc). As many waiting staff may also serve you whilst you are there it is hard to catch everyone on the last day to say thanks.

All in all, a fantastic stay, would definitely return and recommend friends and family to stay here :)

Room Tip: best views, private beach, villas on beach
  • Stayed: September 2017, traveled solo
Reviewed September 5, 2017 via mobile

Myself and my partner (young couple) had a wonderful time in Seasons Lodge. Stayed in one of the beautiful villas overlooking the beach. The villa was fantastic, left the shutter doors open at night for gorgeous sea air and the sound of the waves, not to mention the amazing views (from bed!) of the sun rising from the Indian Ocean every morning! Had an early morning kayak using kayaks provided by Seasons, then a lovely breakfast by the sea including fresh fruit. Seasons' food was delicious with great variety and therefore we didn't need to leave the hotel in search of lunch/dinner. Stayed 3 nights, could have stayed a few more. A perfectly sized small resort with great eclectic artistic decor. The staff are amazing! Special mention to the wonderful manager Christopher who goes to great lengths to make your stay special. He gives good honest appraisals of local tours so you can rely on his advice. Also the waiting staff are lovely, especially Catherine and Casiana. Cool Irish owner also. If u want a quiet few days in a gorgeous resort, Seasons is the place for you! Treat yourself- you won't be disappointed! Would go back in a heartbeat.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple