Nature Safari Lodge
$81
$241
Travelocity
Moja Tuu - Zanzibar(Zanzibar City)
$231
Travelocity
$195
$88
Priceline
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
  • Breakfast included
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 13, 2009

Nature Safari Lodge – for me it was like been stuck in the middle of the bush, out of sight and away from all the “noise” of today but with the breathtaking turquoise ocean with all its splendor, as a back drop. The only noise was that of chirping birds, clucking chickens, scurrying rabbits, the call of bush babies and the sound of the ocean which greets you as set foot out of your bungalow which is literally a few steps from the porch.

To watch a sunset, oh and a moon rise is a must as you gasp for breath it so incredibly beautiful that you wonder what you have done to be so blessed to experience, to me an overwhelming sight and moment.

The bungalows are modestly decorated and ample besides your time is spent outside not in!

The local dishes are prepared to order and are “homemade”. Breakfast keeps you going, the usual – fresh fruit platter (straight from the bush), spiced tea/coffee/juice, eggs and toast and always a pancake! I love curry (fish, octopus and chicken) and spicy food so this was right up my alley. You can have plain too! Loved the Pilau! Not expensive.

The bar area is “suck in” and you step out into the powdery white sand. Good selection of beverages, great music, relaxing atmosphere and very friendly staff who keep you well entertained. If Dr Duchi is around (usually at weekends) he will give you an accurate account on the history of Zanzibar. The guys loved the pool table. I had a go at the local board game (can’t remember the name). It takes long and you must have patience.

I loved it the most when the generator went off. Not because you could hear it – no lights, no music – just so still, so real. Oh! the bonfire on the beach…that got a few stories going with other guests.

On one of our walks back to our bungalow I looked up - the blanket of stars where something I had not seen for a very very long time…in awe, a moment that we will not forget as we stood there and gave our silent thanks to the Lord.

The beach is magical and you can go for nice long walks without being bugged. Swimming is great as there is no coral on this stretch and there are local tanning beds – lying under the shade of a tree and just enjoyed the cool breeze.

There are other hotels in walking distance which we did visit and have a drink at. We enjoy a variety of experience.

Rustic, just the way I like it – “no frills”, just down to earth and simple. Nature at it’s very best! A great deal for budget travelers.

Asante sana (thank you in Swahili) to the Duchi family for your very kind hospitality and service.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Charms16
Reviewed July 13, 2009

Nature safari lodge is a good place & in a good location which i ejoyed very much during my stay, as there is plenty to do due to the natural forest which they have locate specific for wild life as well the scene and plenty of beautiful private beach at your disposal.the staff are very helpfull and coporative shuld you need to get out in town they have staff who can arrange a day trip as well as a stay in town and view the near by islands.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)