Was at Sunset with my partner early August.We had a very dark ,dirty room behind a wall way from the beach.The staff were generally indifferent and unhelpful.The worst thing was the incessant doof doof music from the restaurant on the beach way into the small hours.Fine if you're a so-called "partygoer"but not fine if all you want is peace and quiet.After 3 nights without sleep we'd had enough,even with ear plugs.The whole place had ring 'em in churn them out feel to it,with no personal feel about it .To top it all,the weather was very overcast for much of the day while we were there.T here are plenty of quieter places on the other side of the island,though to be honest,coming from Australia,the island is not all it's cracked up to be.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Sunset Kendwa, your place to stay in the tropical paradise of Zanzibar's north coast. Fringed by powdery-white sand beaches, azure waters, and thriving coral reefs, the exotic spice island of Zanzibar is the most idyllic of tropical destinations. We offer a wide range of brightly decorated traditional rooms and bungalows, as well as all the facilities you will need to help you ease into Zanzibar's relaxed pace of life. Right on the perfect sands of Kendwa beach on Zanzibar's north coast, this is the perfect place to unwind, spend your days swimming or sun-bathing, snorkelling, scuba diving with our award winning on site water sports centre Scuba Do Zanzibar ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Sunset Kendwa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunset Bungalows Hotel Zanzibar
- Sunset Hotel Zanzibar
- Sunset Beach Hotel Zanzibar