My husband and I recently stayed on Chumbe Island for 3 nights after our Safari. The service and food were excellent. So many choices at all 3 meals. Staff were so friendly and helpful.
We stayed in Hut #7 which was more private, the composting toilet was not bad at all. The green snake visited us a few times over the 3 days, while startling at first I eventually got use to it.
The island was beautiful, beaches were amazing. I did not get to go snorkeling due to an ear injury sustained while diving on Zanzibar but my husband loved it and said he saw tons of fish, lobsters and turtles... Would highly recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Award-winning exclusive private island, fully managed nature reserve and marine park. Guided tours included through spectacular coral reef, forest and mangrove nature trails, historic lighthouse and visitors' centre. State-of-the-art zero-footprint eco-architecture (photovoltaic energy, rainwater harvesting, solar water heating, composting toilets). Free environmental education programs for local schools. Winner of British Airways Tourism for Tomorrow award 1999, UNEP Global500 award 2000, National Geographic Geotourism Challenge award 2008, finalist Aga Khan award for architecture. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Orbitz so you can book your Chumbe Island Coral Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chumbe Island Coral Park Hotel Zanzibar
- Chumbe Island Coral Park Zanzibar