I was fortunate to have the opportunity to stay at Chumbe for 3 nights - it was not nearly enough!!!
Next time i wanna stay for minimum 5, and better yet - 7 nights!
I love this place!
It is SO amazing, awesome and totally out of this world!
And the people too ♥
Don't like to call them staff - a lot of them felt like friends and i felt like being embraced by a family.
So when former guests to this island complain about it being too expensive, not being luxurious enough/or at all - i can only say, that this is not neither the staff's or the island's fault!
It is your own expentations and lack of research of the place - or maybe people just do not realize, when reading reviews, that what is luxury for one person, can be something completely different to another!
This was to me, one of the most valuable, memorable, amazing and luxurios experiences of my entire life!
I am still so excited and feel SO priviledged and grateful that I have had the opportunity to experience this beautiful, marvellous, endearing, captivating island, with it's warm, friendly, joyful, caring people.
People who is working their buts of and goes out of their way to meet and suit your needs!
People who has a true love and devotion for this island, and it's survival.
So before judging it whether it's 'luxurious' enough to meet your your standards - do your research properly and take a good look at pics and check their website - and get to know yourself and what you need and like.
I would choose this place again and again and again, over a 5 star hotel with spa and fancy food and/or whatever makes it "luxurious" to some people (i would call it boring - get my point!) - this place is amazing simply because it is what it is - and upon all, it's uniqe and the only one of it's kind throuhout the entire world!
So if you go to Chumbe - please do your research, and show respect to the island and the hardworking people.
Guys at Chumbe - you do put in an impressive amount of work and effort, you have my deepest respect and i will treasure this wonderful stay and you all, in my heart forever ♥
Tena asante sana - tuta onana mwaka ujao! (hopefully)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Award-winning exclusive private island, fully managed nature reserve and marine park. Guided tours included through spectacular coral reef, forest and mangrove nature trails, historic lighthouse and visitors' centre. State-of-the-art zero-footprint eco-architecture (photovoltaic energy, rainwater harvesting, solar water heating, composting toilets). Free environmental education programs for local schools. Winner of British Airways Tourism for Tomorrow award 1999, UNEP Global500 award 2000, National Geographic Geotourism Challenge award 2008, finalist Aga Khan award for architecture. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Chumbe Island Coral Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chumbe Island Coral Park Hotel Zanzibar
- Chumbe Island Coral Park Zanzibar