We love beaches and snorkeling - and decided to stay here before our safari's. Good decision. Snorkeling was great - lots of fish and very clear water. Food was also very good and we loved our "cabins" - very comfortable and really liked the fact that you could open the front wall to the stars and outside. Only caution. Do not stay here if you MUST have flush toilet etc. as the place does not just use the label eco-lodge - it practices what it preaches. Great place to unwind.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Award-winning exclusive private island, fully managed nature reserve and marine park. Guided tours included through spectacular coral reef, forest and mangrove nature trails, historic lighthouse and visitors' centre. State-of-the-art zero-footprint eco-architecture (photovoltaic energy, rainwater harvesting, solar water heating, composting toilets). Free environmental education programs for local schools. Winner of British Airways Tourism for Tomorrow award 1999, UNEP Global500 award 2000, National Geographic Geotourism Challenge award 2008, finalist Aga Khan award for architecture. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Chumbe Island Coral Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chumbe Island Coral Park Hotel Zanzibar
- Chumbe Island Coral Park Zanzibar